Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Think I prefer the colours on the standard sommet and the sentier though, how much difference between the e7000 and the e8000?
Screenshot_20181031-142346_Samsung Internet.jpg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Yeah the red is defo a bit more striking. Will wait to see more pics or a 360 when they get round to uploading. Funny that Vitus don’t even have these bikes on their own website yet?!

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Looks good, I wonder if the geo really has changed at all? Can see a few tweaks - WTB rims/wheels, more sensible compound High Roller rear tyre. Very short offset fork, dunno if it's a 2018/19?

Not due to the end of the year though, £200 dearer and no 10% BC discount. I wonder if they will be available through Wiggle again with the gold/platinum discounts?

I will be using my Platinum IF I get this one. It’s looking more like a Canyon for myself, though... IF they are in stock.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I emailed Canyon yesterday they said no dates yet just to keep an eye on the website. Im currently torn between Canyon, Commencal, Lapierre.....literally no idea which way to turn
I’ve looked at all options too and it really is a close call as the specs aren’t that different. Mondraker on my list too.. desicions desicions

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I’ve looked at all options too and it really is a close call as the specs aren’t that different. Mondraker on my list too.. desicions desicions
Which is leading the way for you?? I seem to favour the Shimano set ups, Moustache do a good looking bike too but its a Bosch system....

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Which is leading the way for you?? I seem to favour the Shimano set ups, Moustache do a good looking bike too but its a Bosch system....
I have a cube with Bosch CX series motor and it’s been faultless over 4K miles and all weather so I can’t recommend it high enough, so don’t be put off by Bosch mate. As for my shortlist I’m looking at ghost, mondraker, canyon and Vitus, but some of the new cubes look great too

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I have a cube with Bosch CX series motor and it’s been faultless over 4K miles and all weather so I can’t recommend it high enough, so don’t be put off by Bosch mate. As for my shortlist I’m looking at ghost, mondraker, canyon and Vitus, but some of the new cubes look great too
My local bike shop is looking at getting some Ghost bikes in, look decent those to be fair. Seemed a tad pricey tho for the spec I was looking at. Been offered a Lapierre overvoly 927i RRP £6690 for 5k today!! I just cant peel myself away from the Canyon and Commencal at the moment...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Vitus's always look better in the flesh than they do on their website/official pics

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
is there a difference in power between e8000 and e7000?

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Vitus's always look better in the flesh than they do on their website/official pics
Look good enough to me in the pics, look way better than a levo to me even without an integrated battery. So if they look better in the flesh I'm on to a winner. Might just go for the standard sommet though as the e7000 looks powerful enough for my type of riding and nice and quiet and lighter. Much prefer the colour scheme from the pics on the standard as well, will probably change my mind countless times before they arrive though so will keep my options open for now.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
is there a difference in power between e8000 and e7000?
Yeah I think e7000 is 60nm while the e8000 is 70nm but not much difference in power. From what I have read the e7000 is quieter and smaller and meant to be more smoother without any drag when the motor cuts out.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually think that the e7000 might turn out to be bit of a gem - e.g for me i hardly ever use turbo on the e8000, the appeal to me of the Shimano system are its riding characteristics in Trail mode.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
are they different motors or just a different tune?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
mmm interesting I really really like the Vitus

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles