Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi there, great source for the EMythique here:)
My wife is looking for this one as here first e-bike. Can you pls tell me what the size recommendations from Vitus match to your real world experience? She is 1.78 m which is at the end of M size according to the Vitus page.
I was also looking for a spare battery but couldn’t find anything online.
Lots of questions for a new show, sorry.
Thanks!
I'm 1.78 and went for the "M". It's a similar size to my M Jam and L Kenevo, though the reach is slightly shorter on the Mythique due to the steeper seat tube.

If she went for the L you'd have the advantage of a 20mm longer dropper, but the seat tube is longer so standover is higher - you'd probably have the dropper slammed to the bottom at 1.78.

I like the M. It's stable (more than the other bikes mentioned) yet still easy to move around, also easier than the others. I've not had any issues with the slightly shorter reach, plus it climbs great (better than the others) and feels great descending - better than the others .....

I'd guess she'd be find on either but the L might just feel BIG, probably even more so when not on the bike !

Batteries : Chain reaction had them on the site, but not listed a while back - so presumably the intention was to sell them. Haven't seen them anywhere else, but haven't really looked in fairness. It's a standard Bafang battery : BT F16.630.C

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
I'm 1.78 and went for the "M". It's a similar size to my M Jam and L Kenevo, though the reach is slightly shorter on the Mythique due to the steeper seat tube.

If she went for the L you'd have the advantage of a 20mm longer dropper, but the seat tube is longer so standover is higher - you'd probably have the dropper slammed to the bottom at 1.78.

I like the M. It's stable (more than the other bikes mentioned) yet still easy to move around, also easier than the others. I've not had any issues with the slightly shorter reach, plus it climbs great (better than the others) and feels great descending - better than the others .....

I'd guess she'd be find on either but the L might just feel BIG, probably even more so when not on the bike !

Batteries : Chain reaction had them on the site, but not listed a while back - so presumably the intention was to sell them. Haven't seen them anywhere else, but haven't really looked in fairness. It's a standard Bafang battery : BT F16.630.C
Thanks for the feedback and your in depth infos on all the bits and pieces around this bike. I will go for the M and rather play with the stem if we need to adjust the positioning. With regards to the spare parts i dont see a big issue on the motor side using AE or similars. batterie wise I am still curious as shipping mostly tend to be the bottle neck.
The knowledge base in this forum is great. hopefully Vitus can keep up with this and survive

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
It's certainly not easy deciding, ultimately you can't really go that far wrong these days as everything is generally pretty good. Though it was still a surprise that this one was as good as it is for the money.

Yes, I think if I'd had the VRS I'd have left it completely stock - I just couldn't get a VRS at the time. That said, the VR might also have been completely fine stock if the forks hadn't been faulty. I have the forks back, but with an upgraded damper, so can't really test it as a "Stock VR". Again, we're lucky that as time has moved on, even a lot of "lower end" components actually perform really well or as good as many higher end ones - though with less adjustment options & slightly more weight.

I have another rear shock, but I've left the stock one on. Still really happy with how it's performing.

The Jam and the kenevo were both about 2.5 * the price - so yes, more expensive bikes in comparison.
I've seen the Haibike Nduro 7 for £3799 as well as the 8 for £4250 and they're both serious bargains.

The E Mythique is up in price at CRC - are there any bargains elsewhere?

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
It's such a shame that the circumstances are so unfavorable for Vitus. With the Mythique range of mountain bikes, both with and without a motor, they have brought great bikes onto the market and gained international recognition. I hope that the potential of the brand and its portfolio will be recognized and continue to exist.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Just a heads up, if your in america and want one of these it looks like planet has some.

VRX - Vitus E-Mythique 297 VRX E-Bike

VRS - Vitus E-Mythique 297 VRS E-Bike
Planet Cyclery put the bikes on a 50% off sale, so I pulled the trigger on a small for the wife and a large for myself. I was leery with Vitus US being shutdown. I'm still a little nervous on getting replacement frame parts in the future. Not worried about electrical parts with them being so common. It was just hard to turn down $2199 for the VRS. That's about the money we were looking to do a DIY Chinese bike for just the frame and motor!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Planet Cyclery put the bikes on a 50% off sale, so I pulled the trigger on a small for the wife and a large for myself. I was leery with Vitus US being shutdown. I'm still a little nervous on getting replacement frame parts in the future. Not worried about electrical parts with them being so common. It was just hard to turn down $2199 for the VRS. That's about the money we were looking to do a DIY Chinese bike for just the frame and motor!
All that patient waiting thinking it would never happen, then they virtually give them to you for XMAS !! Congrats !!!!!

Probably worth investing in a spare DPC245 V2 for testing/issues/peace of mind !

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Just for information when I first started looking into the bike. Andrew from Vitus clarified the weight limit to me:
„…The 120kg is for the rider plus equipment it does not include the bike…“

Last edited:

Lärling

Dec 18, 2023
Scandinavia
So excited, package tracking shows that my new E-Mythique VRX is only four days away from me. This bike did for me exactly what the starter of this thread predicted: got me into electric mountain bikes because of the reasonable price (and as a side effect also into my first full suspension bike). So much to expect.

Now, I live in Scandinavia and we're having quite a winter here currently so I'm eager to buy and change studded tyres for the bike first thing when it arrives so that I can go winter riding. Do the snow bikers here have any recommendation what to look for in the tyres for E-Mythique?

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Hi, just juggling a bit with the setup of the VRX. I will change the tires for Magic Mary and Hans Dampf while keeping the wheelset at the moment.
What do you do if you need to transport the bike without Batterie? I have seen a little rubber plug for the pins, but is there a full cover anywhere??
I have to say it is a very fun bike , even though the added weight to my current bike is noticeable. Suspension wise I am still a bit bias putting in a new MST cartridge or going for another model.
The lack of snow gives plenty of time to play around :)

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
Hi, just juggling a bit with the setup of the VRX. I will change the tires for Magic Mary and Hans Dampf while keeping the wheelset at the moment.
What do you do if you need to transport the bike without Batterie? I have seen a little rubber plug for the pins, but is there a full cover anywhere??
I have to say it is a very fun bike , even though the added weight to my current bike is noticeable. Suspension wise I am still a bit bias putting in a new MST cartridge or going for another model.
The lack of snow gives plenty of time to play around :)
Excellent choice!
If you want to keep the weight low, I would go for the MST catridge.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Excellent choice!
If you want to keep the weight low, I would go for the MST catridge.
That’s a good point, however Mario doesn’t send out cartridges anymore due to ongoing installer mistakes that blame the cartridge performance. So I need to send in the fork . Looking at how packages get delivered these days I am worried that DHL screws up the fork

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
Vitus seems to be still alive and releases a hardtail with the bafang motor:

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
At launch, the E-Mythique comes with one battery type. The F16.

Full name : BT F16.630.C

Physical sizes :

View attachment 122180

A 410mm B 75mm C 82mm and weighs in at 3.9kg with it's outer cover (integrated).

EDIT : Weighed mine and it's 3.6kg with the cover and rubber stone guard.

It's a 36v 630wh battery. (17.5AH) Voltage scope is 27.5-42v .

Edit : actually 16.250AH so 585wh. (Bosch 625 is actually 601 for example) - this is increasing with each charge though.

Edit 2 : 2 months in, Battery now shows 16,779 mAH.

(Note : Charge cycles displayed on the Bafang isn't 100% full charge cycles, but just how many times it's been connected to a charger)

Max continuous discharge current is 23A !!!! (In theory, you could pull 42v*23A for 966w Peak Power !!!) Seems to actually pull a max of 19 Amps (tested).

The bike is spec'ed with a 2A charger, but mine came with the 3A charger, so hopefully they all do as it's faster !

View attachment 129100

Charging - plug the charger into the mains and THEN ! into the bike or it won't always charge - sometimes it will if you twist the charge connector in the battery back and forwards... ?!?! Sure this will all make more sense in time :)

The charger light theoretically shows Red when charging and Green when charged, but if you want to make sure it's charging, turn the bike on. Press the up and down buttons for a couple of seconds. Select information and battery and you should see a current reading of something like 2750ma - if it's -50 it's just drawing current on standby.

View attachment 127916

If you remove the battery, the LED on the battery flashes red for the first 33%, then green for the next 33% then blue for the final 33% when it's charging.

It seems sometimes the battery goes into "safe"/"storage" mode. To exit this mode, remove the battery, press the button and hold for a second or two and it should go green from red.

You can also put the battery into storage mode with a longer press and it should cycle red/blue/green.
Does anyone know what a battery costs and where to buy one?
Bafang says contact Vitus, Vitus says contact Bafang or dealer, dealer (Fahrrad.de) doesn't respond and does not sell anything else from Bafang through their site. Tried contacting a German Bafang Dealer, but he can't seem to get this particular battery anywhere.

Was thinking about a second one for long riding days with a lunch break and hot swap at the car.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
So you got into the same ping pong game as I am in :). Seems like none of the GER sources can help out at the moment.
I am currently looking into some ALIexpress items which unfortunately have the wrong voltage. In parallel I search as well for a Range extender solution such as this one Range Extender Berria HP Motor Bafang
I will post when I get some feedback from either parties. If anyone also has an idea how to get a cover plate for the battery on the bike rack would be very much appreciated.
Its a bit strange as Vitus is still pulling out new bafang models like the Sentier, but lacking on supporting the spare parts

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
I'd be glad to find anyobe within the European Region, who could provide me with a spare battery - or at least a price for a spare battery, so I know if the search is even worth it.

Different brand/model that also fits would be just as great. When I had a brief look at Bafang before buying the bike, it sounded like they were pretty much open source and one could just combine stuff woth the same voltage and it works.
But apparently that only concerns aftermarket motors, the new integrated stuff like our M510 in the Vitus is just as locked in as all the others do it. Just that here it's even more difficult to get stuff through aftersales.

I really hope that I never get an issue with motor or battery because I do not see any possibility of finding spares, let alone run through a warranty process.

...to be continued someday I guess :D

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Speaking of battery, what would be the best way to go about getting another set of keys for the battery release? I accidentally left the battery keys on the bumper of the car and drove off. 😡

I would love to convert it to a simple tool release, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that. For now I just can't remove my battery until I can find another key.

Last edited:

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Thats a bummer, sorry to hear that. With regards to the key my guess would the local locksmith would be the best option to open it. I have 2 of those bikes and the keys dont match, as expected.
With regards to the batteries I am still in touch with a spanish bike shop that might help with a REx that was originally designed for a Berria bike. However they do have a specific cutout in the frame for a female plug directly attached. We are looking into using the loading port for an alternative solution keeping potential water ingress in mind.

matteof93

Feb 9, 2024
Italy
I am a biker from northern Italy, I do not have an e-bike, I ride traditional bikes (road, gravel, 2 MTBs). I have found the E-Mythique for sale (budget model) at a very low price (just below 2500€) so I am considering the possibility of buying my first e-bike.

However, I have several questions:
  1. is there any place where I can buy a spare battery? it seems that it is impossible to find one.
  2. I read that Vitus is part of a group including CRC, Wiggle, Bikester, Probikeshop...few months ago they were going bust. Is there any update on that? I do not want to buy the bike and then find out after 2 years that it is impossible to get spare parts (not only for the electric motor, but also bolts, shock linkage, ...)
  3. what does it mean that the Eco mode, for instance, gives you 120% assistance? Does it mean that it measures your power output (like a power meter) and, depending on that, gives you 1.2 times the watts that you are pushing? I.e., you push 150W, the motor gives you 180W.
  4. is there any possibility of tuning the output of the motor? I can push 280W for 1h (average constant power on a constant climb, 10km at 10%), so I would tune the Eco mode in order to get just a little bit of help (i.e., I push 180/200W, the motor pushes 150W) so that I can reach the top of the climb with very limited effort (180/200W means I can breathe and speak normally). In that way, the 630 Wh battery would last for at least 4h of climbing (150W x 4h = 600 Wh).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I am a biker from northern Italy, I do not have an e-bike, I ride traditional bikes (road, gravel, 2 MTBs). I have found the E-Mythique for sale (budget model) at a very low price (just below 2500€) so I am considering the possibility of buying my first e-bike.

However, I have several questions:
  1. is there any place where I can buy a spare battery? it seems that it is impossible to find one.
  2. I read that Vitus is part of a group including CRC, Wiggle, Bikester, Probikeshop...few months ago they were going bust. Is there any update on that? I do not want to buy the bike and then find out after 2 years that it is impossible to get spare parts (not only for the electric motor, but also bolts, shock linkage, ...)
  3. what does it mean that the Eco mode, for instance, gives you 120% assistance? Does it mean that it measures your power output (like a power meter) and, depending on that, gives you 1.2 times the watts that you are pushing? I.e., you push 150W, the motor gives you 180W.
  4. is there any possibility of tuning the output of the motor? I can push 280W for 1h (average constant power on a constant climb, 10km at 10%), so I would tune the Eco mode in order to get just a little bit of help (i.e., I push 180/200W, the motor pushes 150W) so that I can reach the top of the climb with very limited effort (180/200W means I can breathe and speak normally). In that way, the 630 Wh battery would last for at least 4h of climbing (150W x 4h = 600 Wh).

Welcome !!

1: Spare batteries don't seem easy to obtain at the moment. They should be in theory as they're a standard bafang unit, but I'm not aware of anyone who's bought one.

2: They're all owned by Signa Sports which is part of Signa Group which is owned by a low life thieving scum bag called Rene Benko who ultimately will have ended up destroying the lives of thousands in these businesses and all the connected businesses. Hopefully a few will come out of the other side, though most have had any cash siphoned off and the whole thing is a mess and will end up with everyone fighting everyone to try and get anything back. With luck, some of the smaller elements, such as Vitus, will have been too small to bother using as cash cows and will come out of the other side as viable enterprises.

3: The motor has a torque sensor built in, it measures the torque you put in then applies a relevant amount of assistance. Your understanding is more or less correct, though I wouldn't try and interpret the numbers too much. Initially, eco might seem like too much because you're not used to any assistance. After a couple of weeks you'll have adapted and will have a higher average speed and it will feel fine. You'll probably start using the other modes and your riding style will evolve and adapt to different terrains, so going up might also become fun like going down (though obviously not quite the same).

4: You can in theory tune the motor with Go+ (with an upgraded display) or some other tools if you buy a "box" - there's a thread on bafang tuning. In reality, you probably won't need to. There are many other factors like rider weight, speed, type of terrain and especially vertical meters climbed. You can also turn it to no assistance if you feel fit/strong/crazy. Assistance will also stop at 25kph, so another way to get more range is to push past that. In the middle assist mode you should easily get 1500+ meters climbing. In Eco 2000 to 2500m. With any e-bike if you power off or "ride the wave" at the cut off point you can get lots more, you just need to pace yourself and not go crazy and tire yourself out on the descents too. It's physically exhausting though. An example on a 630wh Bosch Bike :

1707644320146.png

lots of up and downs rather than a nice mountain :-(

1707644420532.png

It's a great bike. Ultimately, it's unlikely you'll need to buy parts from Vitus as it's all pretty solid. Bearings are standard and listed in the tech thread so easily obtainable.

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Anyone looked at putting a Bafang M560 motor in the E Mythique?

I'm guessing the 48v battery requirement would cause the biggest headache?

Just asking as I have the option of a bare frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles