Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
Nope still no contact from arrow xl. They still won't speak to me and say CRC have to sort it. CRC saying arrow have to sort it.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Nope still no contact from arrow xl. They still won't speak to me and say CRC have to sort it. CRC saying arrow have to sort it.
If you feel that both arrowxl and CRC are giving you the runaround, file it with your payment provider, they'll soon sort it out or just request a refund, despite you were looking forward to receiving the e-bike.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Received an email from arrowxl this morning, seems my e-bike will be delivered tomorrow all going well. As soon as I receive it (hopefully) I'll keep folks updated.

Has anyone else received any emails regarding an e-bike delivery yet?

View attachment 127931
I got a similar email Saturday morning, but then was phoned by ArrowXL later in the day to say that my bike was on the way back to CRC - the person on the end of the call did sound pretty professional and sincere, so I do believe them. It sounded like this person was verifying everything for delivery ahead of time. I would be pretty optimistic if you have it scheduled in still.

Today I contacted CRC again to ask if they had received back the bike - got the usual "we have resolved the issue with ArrowXL and your bike will be delivered, ArrowXL will contact you in the next 24hrs blah blah blah" :)

At somepoint I will just contact my credit-card company...I believe for chargeback we have 120 days notice, but there's also section 75...so feel like I can wait a bit longer. I'm just making sure I collect all the converstions / status updates as the credit-card company will ask for them.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
I got a similar email Saturday morning, but then was phoned by ArrowXL later in the day to say that my bike was on the way back to CRC - the person on the end of the call did sound pretty professional and sincere, so I do believe them. It sounded like this person was verifying everything for delivery ahead of time. I would be pretty optimistic if you have it scheduled in still.

Today I contacted CRC again to ask if they had received back the bike - got the usual "we have resolved the issue with ArrowXL and your bike will be delivered, ArrowXL will contact you in the next 24hrs blah blah blah" :)

At somepoint I will just contact my credit-card company...I believe for chargeback we have 120 days notice, but there's also section 75...so feel like I can wait a bit longer. I'm just making sure I collect all the converstions / status updates as the credit-card company will ask for them.
Thanks for your reply. If I'm in the same situation and get the same call then I will contact PayPal tomorrow to further escalate it, PayPal has been great so far with the details I've already sent them.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
So, this morning woke up to an update on the arrowxl website, that states my "removed from delivery route - cancelled at". on my tracking page.

Contacted arrowxl live chat who have stated the order was cancelled by CRC. So I have now provided more screenshots of the emails and chat logs to PayPal and requested a full refund. I would urge anyone not to buy anything from CRC as they are fobbing customers off with false promises of delivery.

delivery cancel by CRC.png

ZR1

Sep 25, 2020
UK
Doesn't look good

Even during administration you'd think they would prioritise keeping couriers happy as they're pretty important for an online shop

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Doesn't look good

Even during administration you'd think they would prioritise keeping couriers happy as they're pretty important for an online shop
I honestly do not know who to believe now, after I received the email from arrowxl on Saturday being hopeful I would have received my e-bike today, to getting an email from CRC on Friday to say there was a problem with the courier, to now finding out CRC requested the order to be cancelled.

It just seems CRC are buying time for the inevitable.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It all seems counterproductive.

If it's the courier they're not helping the client remain viable and shooting themselves in the foot.

If it's CRC, they're destroying customer trust at a time they need orders so they can sell things and have cash flow.

If they're really pulling bikes back, that's crazy, they'll get hammered by the credit card companies and PayPal and have stock people won't then trust to buy.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
On the question of credit card protection I wondered whether the credit card company was liable if the order was placed after the supplier had been put into receivership.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
It all seems counterproductive.

If it's the courier they're not helping the client remain viable and shooting themselves in the foot.

If it's CRC, they're destroying customer trust at a time they need orders so they can sell things and have cash flow.

If they're really pulling bikes back, that's crazy, they'll get hammered by the credit card companies and PayPal and have stock people won't then trust to buy.
I agree with your sentiments, it just seems out of hand what is happening. CRC has received the orders/funds, simply get the e-bikes out to customers and be done with it.

The administrators are probably in full control of the operations and may have requested all orders to be cancelled and the e-bikes to be sent back. It really wouldn't surprise me if all of their stock/inventory ends up on some auction website, the same auction website that was recently used to sell off the stock of Moore Large when they went into administration.

I've contacted PayPal to ask for a full refund, hoping that goes ok, I'm now done with CRC and arrowxl.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
On the question of credit card protection I wondered whether the credit card company was liable if the order was placed after the supplier had been put into receivership.
I honestly cannot comment on that as it's out of my scope, as long as those customers affected by this administration get their funds back that's what matters. I hope all that have been affected by this get a positive resolution.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK

Wiggle/CRC is officially in Administration, and not Receivership, and is supposedly still trading as normal.

Therefore, credit card protection etc (subject to the usual) is still there, as it remains a legal trading entity.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Wiggle/CRC is officially in Administration, and not Receivership, and is supposedly still trading as normal.

Therefore, credit card protection etc (subject to the usual) is still there, as it remains a legal trading entity.
Fair point. Just hope all affected get a good result.

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
From speaking to a few people today. I think arrow xl has ended the agreement with Wiggle. Speaking to Wiggle this morning once the stock is returned they will look to re ship with another provider or offer refunds. They will contact us once the bikes are returned. This will be in the next 24-48 hours. I put all the blame here on arrow xl, but understand their decision.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
From speaking to a few people today. I think arrow xl has ended the agreement with Wiggle. Speaking to Wiggle this morning once the stock is returned they will look to re ship with another provider or offer refunds. They will contact us once the bikes are returned. This will be in the next 24-48 hours. I put all the blame here on arrow xl, but understand their decision.
Thanks for providing this information. Sadly for me, it's too little too late, there is no trust from either CRC or arrowxl, spent 2 days off work without pay in the hopes I would have received my e-bike today.

I really do hope all the folks that have ordered bikes/e-bikes do indeed get their orders okay, it's been a shambolic and s****y time for many having to constantly get in contact with Wiggle/CRC and arrowxl leading to a dead-end stop.

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
Out of interest, what bike/size did you order? Yeah hasn't been the best. The way I look at it, CRC did what was asked of them. Built the bike and shipped to arrow. Its arrow that's d**ked about.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Out of interest, what bike/size did you order? Yeah hasn't been the best. The way I look at it, CRC did what was asked of them. Built the bike and shipped to arrow. Its arrow that's d**ked about.
The E-Mythique VR (black frame) model in Large size. If only CRC would have said, "we are no longer using arrowxl as our courier, however, we have appointed a new courier going forward". Didn't help they left us in limbo also, so I'll probably never purchase from them again, assuming they find a buyer.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
I've gone down the credit-card charge-back route today.

I thought you had to give the retailer 14 days, but the cc-company said you can start it as soon as it's gone passed the original delivery date. Plus CRC are giving out false / generic information now...so lost faith.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Wiggle/CRC selling the bargain of the year latest Vitus with 30% off I think they basically sold more bikes than they had stock. Whilst also going through Administration, so it’s taken time to check who gets what & who unfortunately missed out!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
In the fucked-up world that is businesses in administration/receivership/whatever, it seems that morality no longer applies only the law.

If they can get the bike back, they can sell it to someone else (even if for less than you paid). They still have your money. Timing is everything. When the hammer finally comes down, the one holding the bike is the winner, the one still waiting for their money is the loser, because they are then a creditor. Creditors have to join the queue for anything of value that results.

Which courier would agree to do the job for a failing company, unless they got paid in advance?

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
In the fucked-up world that is businesses in administration/receivership/whatever, it seems that morality no longer applies only the law.

If they can get the bike back, they can sell it to someone else (even if for less than you paid). They still have your money. Timing is everything. When the hammer finally comes down, the one holding the bike is the winner, the one still waiting for their money is the loser, because they are then a creditor. Creditors have to join the queue for anything of value that results.

Which courier would agree to do the job for a failing company, unless they got paid in advance?
Everything is cool here, I've requested a refund etc, my plan was to buy the Haibike ALLMTN 3 2022 model, maybe I should have stuck with that. However, the E-Mythique looked promising as a first-time full suspension and I would have upgraded it in time.

:)

Samii

Oct 30, 2023
Scottish Highlands
Has anyone actually received their bikes from Chain Reaction? I ordered mine on the 17th October....I have been pushed from pillar to post over delivery....only to be told yesterday it has gone back to CRC....totally gutted and such an horrendous experience...credit card company refunded me yesterday. I saved for six months to buy the bike, I'm now questioning my sanity!!!

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Has anyone actually received their bikes from Chain Reaction? I ordered mine on the 17th October....I have been pushed from pillar to post over delivery....only to be told yesterday it has gone back to CRC....totally gutted and such an horrendous experience...credit card company refunded me yesterday. I saved for six months to buy the bike, I'm now questioning my sanity!!!

I don't think so. I gave up believing anything that they say. I would just cancel it through your payment provider if you can.

Mine was also cancelled / sent back to CRC. No new updates from ArrowXL since the cancellation, and nothing useful from CRC. They have effectively lost the item (although I suspect they know exactly where the items are ...just not telling us the truth).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles