Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
I was wasting my time with another live CRC chat just now about my order. They "guarantee" me that the bike is still with ArrowXL and will be delivered....even though ArrowXL is saying the opposite. :ROFLMAO:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’d have thought the cash in the bank was key right now, rather than stock sitting about, so could be they’ll be re-dispatched via a different courier.
That's the glass half full option. The auditors job is to maximise the return for the creditors, not protect the brand image, so the glass half empty option is that those bike will be resold and the original buyers will have to use the credit card or PayPal protection (if they have it) to get their money back. Anyone without protection (debit card purchases I believe) will be shit out of luck. :cry:

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
That's the glass half full option. The auditors job is to maximise the return for the creditors, not protect the brand image, so the glass half empty option is that those bike will be resold and the original buyers will have to use the credit card or PayPal protection (if they have it) to get their money back. Anyone without protection (debit card purchases I believe) will be shit out of luck. :cry:

But somebody has already paid them for those bikes in transit, the only way they’d get more money by reselling them is at full RRP. In a liquidation sale should they cease trading, it‘s unlikely they’d get more than people have paid already?

I’m hoping it’s just that couriers are dropping them until they get some guarantees from the administrators that they’ll be paid outstanding invoices and/or some pro-forma invoicing process setup.

I suspected some courier issues last weekend, I ordered a helmet light next day via DPD (wiggle+ customer) and it arrived via Evri (still next day though).

Whilst I’m not an Administrator, I believe their primary job is to find the best way forward for the company and the creditors, indeed appointing an administrator protects them from creditors for a couple of months whilst they work out whether restructuring the company will enable it to viably continue or whether to put it up for sale as a going concern.

Wiggle Ltd is not being wound up, yet, which would only occur if the above options were unachievable or the company had limited or zero saleable assets, which I presume Wiggle has.

I’ve got a frame order in, so hopeful it will still turn up, but even more so I hope that the company can be saved and as many livelihoods protected as possible.

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
My email update...

SmartSelect_20231027_135743_Gmail.jpg

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
Due to the fact there will be no back up by the retailer and Bafang parts may not be as freely available, it's a no from me, unless something drastic (ie a buy out) happens, i will be asking for a refund if the bike does ever turn up.
I need my first ebike to have decent back up and so will be looking at other manufacturers.

I do feel for everyone scrambling to get their money back and especially people who may have valid warranty claims without the back up of the retailer.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Regarding ArrowXL - do you all have the following?

Dispatched To Client Return Site

I'm inclined to believe this - will be interesting to see if CRC give a refund or re-ship again (hopefully not using ArrowXL!)

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Heads up ! Just got this email from CRC... *fingers crossed*

You might have noticed a slight delay with the courier (ArrowXL) over the last few days. We've spoken with the courier and resolved the issue they were experiencing. We're happy to confirm that your bike is back on its way to you as planned.

We expect that ArrowXL will be in touch with you early next week to book your delivery slot. We're sorry for the slight delay and appreciate your patience while we got everything moving again.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I just this minute refreshed my arrowxl tracking webpage, seems to have been updated with this, which looks promising. "Stock received in delivery site", Refresh your tracking webpage folks. View attachment 127757
Looking promising!

It’s looking more and more like the courier got wind that a major client has gone into administration, and they were holding and making parcels they had available for client pickup unless they secured some guarantees of payment for the delivery.

Fingers crossed!

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Looking promising!

It’s looking more and more like the courier got wind that a major client has gone into administration, and they were holding and making parcels they had available for client pickup unless they secured some guarantees of payment for the delivery.

Fingers crossed!
Yes, I guess after reading the email that we got regarding the courier things have been sorted out finally. However, when I get that knock on my door with the e-bike in hand then I can relax.

I genuinely hope CRC/Wiggle will be able to continue to trade if there is a restructuring. I've been at the end of an administration which isn't a great position to be in as an employee, hoping the staff will still have secure jobs.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
25th December?
There was a comment made, cannot remember if it was on here or Vitus's Facebook page, words along the lines of "they may have set it to the 25th of December until the situation with Wiggle & CRC was sorted out" since the 25th is when most of the country is on Xmas holidays and a non-delivery date.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Yet another update on the arrowxl tracking page, the route is planned for the 30th of October for me. It would seem things are on the up thankfully.

route.png

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
After tracking again today, delivery had been rescheduled for Sunday (tomorrow!) no email or text confirmation from either arrow XL or CRC. Check tracking folks!
Sadly I have decided with the precarious situation at CRC, I have cancelled the delivery as return to sender through ArrowXL web chat for a refund (or chargeback from my credit card company if CRC don’t play ball!)
This saves me the £25 return fee from CRC and CRC web chat couldn’t cancel their end (according to them!).
I think it is too risky to potentially have no back up/warranty with the retailer and have therefore decided to order another bike (not through CRC/Wiggle!) instead.
Sad times…. 🙁

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Anybody else's tracking not updated yet? Mine still says order cancelled by client.
They may have a backlog to go through with what's happened over the past few days, I'd keep checking the tracking webpage on a regular basis. Hope all turns out well for you with a rescheduled delivery date.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
After tracking again today, delivery had been rescheduled for Sunday (tomorrow!) no email or text confirmation from either arrow XL or CRC. Check tracking folks!
Sadly I have decided with the precarious situation at CRC, I have cancelled the delivery as return to sender through ArrowXL web chat for a refund (or chargeback from my credit card company if CRC don’t play ball!)
This saves me the £25 return fee from CRC and CRC web chat couldn’t cancel their end (according to them!).
I think it is too risky to potentially have no back up/warranty with the retailer and have therefore decided to order another bike (not through CRC/Wiggle!) instead.
Sad times…. 🙁
I'm sorry to read this, I know you were looking forward to receiving your new e-bike, and I can totally understand where you're coming from in regards to the warranty, etc. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of your new e-bike in the future.

I was originally going to buy a Haibike ALLMTN 3 silver model for 3k, but then I saw the E-Mythique at the bargain price, this being my first time riding an all-suspension enduro e-bike after 32 years of being a road and hardtail cyclist.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
ArrowXL have sent my item back to CRC - don't think that has happened to everyone as mine explicity says returned to client on the status.

I also received a phonecall from ArrowXL just now to confirm this (which was unexpected and good of them) ...not sure whether to opt for a refund with CRC or re-delivery now....can't really afford a more expensive e-bike so tempted to try and keep it. I don't ride hard enough to break bikes...so as long the motor stays alive I should be ok 😁

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
ArrowXL have sent my item back to CRC - don't think that has happened to everyone as mine explicity says returned to client on the status.

I also received a phonecall from ArrowXL just now to confirm this (which was unexpected and good of them) ...not sure whether to opt for a refund with CRC or re-delivery now....can't really afford a more expensive e-bike so tempted to try and keep it. I don't ride hard enough to break bikes...so as long the motor stays alive I should be ok 😁
Hard call on the best way forward knowing the current issues with CRC. Unless they can send the e-bike out to you ASAP then great, however, they may decide to refund you without any input from you. Weird how it has been sent back when others are getting their e-bikes rescheduled.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Received an email from arrowxl this morning, seems my e-bike will be delivered tomorrow all going well. As soon as I receive it (hopefully) I'll keep folks updated.

Has anyone else received any emails regarding an e-bike delivery yet?

arrow.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles