Vitus E-Mythique Fork and Shock Options

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Went up 5 PSI on the Zebs today and used a little less travel. I have to say, they still felt excellent - slightly better than they were. Small bump compliance is also really good.

Lost the front several times today, but that's more down to the slop conditions rather than the fork.

Ultimately, at the moment, both the 170 38 Performances and the 180 Zeb Ultimates both feel incredible on this bike so I think you'd be a very happy bunny going either route..

1698599757033.png

ZR1

Sep 25, 2020
UK
I'm a bit envious of you guys with access to rczshop, never need to get a shock serviced just replace at that price!

There was a deal in the UK for 170mm 2021 lyrik ultimates for £390 so I've gone with that. The zeron isn't that bad but I much prefer the pike select I have on my other bike and this should be a step up from that.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm a bit envious of you guys with access to rczshop, never need to get a shock serviced just replace at that price!

There was a deal in the UK for 170mm 2021 lyrik ultimates for £390 so I've gone with that. The zeron isn't that bad but I much prefer the pike select I have on my other bike and this should be a step up from that.
Where is that deal in the UK and are they 29 or 27.5 @ZR1 ?

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
The wife and I went to a weekend getaway (pretty rare with three kids) and did alot of riding over the weekend. I put a 160mm Fox 38 Performance and Fox float x2 performance elite on mine off another bike for the trip. Really in love with this bike and this suspension. Absolutely could not ask for more. Highly recommend upgrading fork and shock if your on the fence. Transforms this bike.

Keeping with the budget brawler theme of this bike I picked up a brand new take off 170mm Fox 38 performance Elite for it. I haven't been able to install it but can only think itll be great after the grip 1 38 I've been riding. Its only 166 grams heavier then the SR Suntour Durolux. Shouldn't be noticeable. Now I've got to find a performance elite x2 and it'll be set.

I really like the x2. With a few simple changes I can make it a fun, poppy shock for the bike park or I can make it stick to the ground and give ultimate traction for the plethora of natural trails we have here.

I also have a Vitus Sommet that uses the same size shock. I've been contemplating picking up a Fox DHX for it so I can swap shocks between it and the E-Mythique. Would love to try a coil. Right now there are some killer deals on brand new 2022 shocks.

IMG_1968.jpeg

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Have you noticed any differences in handling, as the lower travel of the fork changes the overall front height and the angles?
I have not noticed a difference at all. Still handles the same and I don't have any more pedal strikes. I don't know if I'm not a good enough rider to tell it or if changing the quality of fork over shadows the 10mm of difference. Overall the bike feels way better.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
On a side note, I weighed all the forks I have here at the house just to check them out...

Stock E-Mythique SR Suntour Durolux 36 170mm fork - 2172g
Fox 38 performance Elite 170mm with starnut and 7" steer tube - 2338g
2021 Zeb ultimate 170mm with starnut and 8" of steertube - 2290g
marzocchi z1 coil 170mm with 7” steertube star nut and axle - 2458g

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles