Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
What sizing are they ? I heard german brands are slightly bigger bikes

my last few bikes have all been size L, after putting all my measurements into canyons size guide it recommended a M which is suiting me fine - i’m 5’10

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Embn you tube channel has took delivery of the canyon expect a few reviews from them I think it was the spectral 8

Yeah saw that last night. Same spec as @Clansey . Saw what you said on the Specialized thread about components. Think the 8.0 spec on a Specialized would be £7k or more. Understand you don't get local service but for me paying thousands more for that service is a bit much. Mine will cost £3900 and gets a really spec. The base Levo will cost a bit more and gets really poor spec I think. You'd spend a lot on needed upgrades really quickly.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Saw what you said on the Specialized thread about components. Think the 8.0 spec on a Specialized would be £7k or more.

Aye I wanted the canyon b4 it was released but held off and the failure of deliveries really put me off
The spectral 7.0 seems really good value.
How is the steps system going for noise ? I liked the brose because it was really quiet

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Aye I wanted the canyon b4 it was released but held off and the failure of deliveries really put me off
The spectral 7.0 seems really good value.
How is the steps system going for noise ? I liked the brose because it was really quiet

I've only tried the Shimano. Maybe it is a bit noisier than the Brose. But riding decent trails with cheap drivetrain, brakes, suspension components etc would be far worse I think.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
I was hoping for dispatch by tomorrow and delivery next week. ? Bit too hopeful I think. Any new with your dropper?
MVIMG_20180912_172447.jpg

I had a little play with it yesterday when I cleaned my bike just to make sure it wasn't something silly like the cable stretching or low pressure in the air chamber couldn't get it to work properly so I will be speaking to Canyon when I get a chance.

I will put a video on here of what it's doing. Maybe someone can help me instead of having to deal with Canyon / sending it off

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Same address I think but that's what I was told by a mate who was going to order one. Best to confirm in person with them though, I'm sure a few on here would appreciate it when you post your findings!

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
so i caved in and instead of waiting for the towbar fitting in a couple of weeks i put the back seats down in our lasses car, removed the front wheel of the canyon, whacked it in the back and set off to cannock.
did the dog and monkey in about an hour and half using a mixture of eco, trail and boost and used about half the battery although the temptation to whack it in boost is too great just for the smile inducing buzz you get.
Belted up cardiac hill at 20 kph and at the top were around half a dozen youths out on a trip with their mentor blowing out of their arses and taking a well deserved sit down on reaching the top. As i whizzed by i was greater by a chorus of ‘cheat’ which put a bigger smile on my face as i sped off into the distance.
The bike is an absolute beast, it climbs like a rocket and yes the front end is playful and wants to ride up on the steep ascents but it’s just a case of spreading you weight, had a couple of pedal strikes but only in the same places i would normally expect a pedal strike.
On the rock sections where my normal bike might feel skittish the larger tyres and extra weight inspires a lot more confidence and just ploughs thru the downhills.
The motor, ive never ridden another ebike so i’ve nothing to compare it to but i’d say it probably is a bit noisy you tend to notice it whirring away but i like that you can hear it working and also acts as a reminder to non ebike riders to get out of the way !!
Ive just got home, cleaned our lasses car and the bike and just took it fir a spin round the block make sure everything’s still working properly and i haven’t developed any creaks or untoward noises and everything’s fine.
I think the biggest positive for me is because i’m not as knackered during my ride i feel like i am more focussed and less likely to make silly mistakes which might lead to an off.
I’m now aseiously thinking whether or not to get rid of the five as i can’t see me using it much now i’ve got this.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
so i caved in and instead of waiting for the towbar fitting in a couple of weeks i put the back seats down in our lasses car, removed the front wheel of the canyon, whacked it in the back and set off to cannock.
did the dog and monkey in about an hour and half using a mixture of eco, trail and boost and used about half the battery although the temptation to whack it in boost is too great just for the smile inducing buzz you get.
Belted up cardiac hill at 20 kph and at the top were around half a dozen youths out on a trip with their mentor blowing out of their arses and taking a well deserved sit down on reaching the top. As i whizzed by i was greater by a chorus of ‘cheat’ which put a bigger smile on my face as i sped off into the distance.
The bike is an absolute beast, it climbs like a rocket and yes the front end is playful and wants to ride up on the steep ascents but it’s just a case of spreading you weight, had a couple of pedal strikes but only in the same places i would normally expect a pedal strike.
On the rock sections where my normal bike might feel skittish the larger tyres and extra weight inspires a lot more confidence and just ploughs thru the downhills.
The motor, ive never ridden another ebike so i’ve nothing to compare it to but i’d say it probably is a bit noisy you tend to notice it whirring away but i like that you can hear it working and also acts as a reminder to non ebike riders to get out of the way !!
Ive just got home, cleaned our lasses car and the bike and just took it fir a spin round the block make sure everything’s still working properly and i haven’t developed any creaks or untoward noises and everything’s fine.
I think the biggest positive for me is because i’m not as knackered during my ride i feel like i am more focussed and less likely to make silly mistakes which might lead to an off.
I’m now aseiously thinking whether or not to get rid of the five as i can’t see me using it much now i’ve got this.
Definitely second the having more energy and focus for the downhills. I feel like my riding has improved quite a bit in this respect. Not sure if I'm getting better or having that extra energy to throw the bike around and have fun. Glad you enjoyed it mate!

If your ever at Llandegla or Gisburn give me a shout.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I can only dream of getting up cardiac hill without having a coronary..... Wish I could make my mind up on which ebike to get.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
I can only dream of getting up cardiac hill without having a coronary..... Wish I could make my mind up on which ebike to get.

haha i know what you mean, i can get up it but i’m one of those you usually see sat down at the top furiously searching for an energy drink or a flapjack.
What options are you considering?

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
haha i know what you mean, i can get up it but i’m one of those you usually see sat down at the top furiously searching for an energy drink or a flapjack.
What options are you considering?
Well....
Kenevo
Focus jam2
Spectral on
Haibike nduro allmtn 7.0
Bulls estream 7.0
I've a budget of 4.5k and I'm really struggling on choice.

Oh and my Lbs can only get Orbea wild fs, but in the new 2019 red/black colour dosnt look quite so ugly. I do like to support them as they do look after me and my bikes.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Well....
Kenevo
Focus jam2
Spectral on
Haibike nduro allmtn 7.0
Bulls estream 7.0
I've a budget of 4.5k and I'm really struggling on choice.

Oh and my Lbs can only get Orbea wild fs, but in the new 2019 red/black colour dosnt look quite so ugly. I do like to support them as they do look after me and my bikes.

i don’t think for that budget you’re going to end up with a bad one, just pick one out af a hat at random, that should get it over with, you’re spending too much time thinking when you could be out on it ??

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
i don’t think for that budget you’re going to end up with a bad one, just pick one out af a hat at random, that should get it over with, you’re spending too much time thinking when you could be out on it ??
Oh yeah and the Haibike fat bike HT....
It's really confusing ?

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
☹️ Don't put anymore in the mix

?? don't worry I've been back and forth for months the more you dig the more confused you get. ! I should of just got the vitus and be done with it but in all honesty i like the brose motor and blevo app seems a great addition to tailor my rides .
I will probably end up with a levo 2018 .....or will I

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
?? don't worry I've been back and forth for months the more you dig the more confused you get. ! I should of just got the vitus and be done with it but in all honesty i like the brose motor and blevo app seems a great addition to tailor my rides .
I will probably end up with a levo 2018 .....or will I
If you want brose then don't forget Bulls or Maxx which come in any colour u want ?

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
If you want brose then don't forget Bulls or Maxx which come in any colour u want ?
Looked at bulls a while back ..meant to be really heavy and nearest shop to me is Leicester to much travel for me ....never seen maxx... But seen Hercules

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
Looked at bulls a while back ..meant to be really heavy and nearest shop to me is Leicester to much travel for me ....never seen maxx... But seen Hercules
Yeah that's the only Bulls shop, and Maxx are mail order like Canyon.

Anyway sorry for high jacking the thread. That's all for now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles