Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
That's new. My emails never had tracking info on there. It just said press below for tracking with no button or anything to press

Nothing happens when I click on it but at least there’s a button eh. ? Maybe they’ve changed a couple of things learning from your experience. Did you get your compensation after?

They reckon this new Levo battery will be too long to carry a spare. So carrying a spare Shimano gives you 1040wh total but never an option to have more than 700wh on the Levo. £1000 for the 700wh apparently.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
panic over mate, shipped by friday at the latest, in the uk sunday morning, delivered to your home by next tuesday/weds/thurs - smashing the trails on the weekend.

Really hope you’re right matey. I’ve got the boring stealth version but will post a few pics when it’s here.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
I went on live chat and they said I would have to email about it. Still no reply to my email but they normally have a turn around of 48hrs on emails
I tell a lie. I have just checked my emails and the reply is there, just says send the dropper post back to Canyon with proof of purchase in the box. The address is a UK one

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
I tell a lie. I have just checked my emails and the reply is there, just says send the dropper post back to Canyon with proof of purchase in the box. The address is a UK one

Some progress then. How about putting in a dropper you actually want and selling the new one they send you on eBay? New KS will fetch a bit.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Some progress then. How about putting in a dropper you actually want and selling the new one they send you on eBay? New KS will fetch a bit.
Potentially. To be honest the seatpost before it broke was fine. It's just the lever which can be easily replaced. I am just waiting for the E7000 controller to come out as I don't particularly like the look of the E6000

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
If I remember right both mine and @dwr budr got shipped out on the Friday of the provisional week. Got my fingers crossed that your delivery goes smoothly

clanseys me old mucker, when you swapped bars did you use the cable tidy that the remote wire runs through on the stock bars or just leave it hanging ? and if you did use it, any tips on getting it off without damaging it?
Just asking as i’m probably going to put my renthal carbons from my orange 5 on it.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
clanseys me old mucker, when you swapped bars did you use the cable tidy that the remote wire runs through on the stock bars or just leave it hanging ? and if you did use it, any tips on getting it off without damaging it?
Just asking as i’m probably going to put my renthal carbons from my orange 5 on it.
Yeah I reused it. I just lifted one side to get the wire out in the first place then left it on the old bars until everything was set up on the new ones to try and retain any tackyness.

Seems okay up to now and I've been on some really rough terrain and had it on the roofrack. The stem is 35mm just so you know, my old renthals weren't

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Yeah I reused it. I just lifted one side to get the wire out in the first place then left it on the old bars until everything was set up on the new ones to try and retain any tackyness.

Seems okay up to now and I've been on some really rough terrain and had it on the roofrack. The stem is 35mm just so you know, my old renthals weren't

yeah the stem and bars on my orange were 35mm so they will go straight on, i’m more concerned about being able to reuse the stick on cable way - wonder if you can buy a spare ?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
yeah the stem and bars on my orange were 35mm so they will go straight on, i’m more concerned about being able to reuse the stick on cable way - wonder if you can buy a spare ?
It's not listed on the canyon site as one of the ebike spares but you should be fine transferring it you can always add a bit of glue if needed but mine didn't need it

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
It's not listed on the canyon site as one of the ebike spares but you should be fine transferring it you can always add a bit of glue if needed but mine didn't need it
you just prize it off with a screwdriver/stanley blade?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Just contacted live chat because my card hasn't been charged yet. Turns out when the email says it's been shipped it really means it's been labelled and barcoded ready for shipping.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Just contacted live chat because my card hasn't been charged yet. Turns out when the email says it's been shipped it really means it's been labelled and barcoded ready for shipping.
Yeah mine showed shipping on Friday and DHL tracking showed they actually received it on the monday

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Canyon are saying it is in stock.
not that it necessarily will be if you pony up and order it (from experience)

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Canyon are saying it is in stock.
not that it necessarily will be if you pony up and order it (from experience)[/QUOTE
Apologies for being thick, but does anyone know what “from stock” on the canyon site means?
As far as I'm aware from stock means that they have all the components and a frame in stock. If you order youe order will be added to the preparation queue and your bike will be built and tested before sending to you. It normally takes around a week before it leaves the factory and then another week shipping if you are lucky.

I know I was very unlucky but I ordered from stock and mine took 6 painstaking weeks ?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
it ain’t gonna take you 2 days to swap brakes and handlebars is it ?

?. I am bit slow. Haven’t got 2 whole days on it. Fair list to do mind. Tubeless and torque caps for the wheels. Routing brake cable through the frame and full bleed shouldn’t be too bad. Got some 3M tape to put on. Used an invisiframe kit for last bike but not made for this frame yet. New dropper lever and Shimano switch. But yeah should easily get it done in an afternoon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles