Levo Gen 2 Turbo Tacho - Alternative to Mission Control forAndroid

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Hello guys,

I've been riding a Specialized Turbo Levo since 2019, but I've always missed some aspect of Mission Control or similar apps. I also didn't really like the GPS-based bike computer apps. For example, I missed the integration of the AXS component, or the display and adjustment was a bit too cumbersome for me. I wanted an app that is easy to use, clearly displays the most important data and doesn't become a jack of all trades. I used the last few months in lockdown to teach myself Android and Bluetooth LowEnergy software development and since some month ago Turbo Tacho is an alternative Android app.
Turbo Tacho - Light - Apps on Google Play

I would be happy if other people use the app and give me feedback. The app is completely free, no ads, no registration required and no data is collected. The app is relatively small on your phone.
I only tested the app on my own bike. I am very curious about your feedback. If you have any problems using it please let me know and I'll try to help.

Thomas

Vorstellungsgrafik_TurboTacho.jpg

PS: Don't be affraid, it also support english.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello guys,

I've been riding a Specialized Turbo Levo since 2019, but I've always missed some aspect of Mission Control or similar apps. I also didn't really like the GPS-based bike computer apps. For example, I missed the integration of the AXS component, or the display and adjustment was a bit too cumbersome for me. I wanted an app that is easy to use, clearly displays the most important data and doesn't become a jack of all trades. I used the last few months in lockdown to teach myself Android and Bluetooth LowEnergy software development and since some month ago Turbo Tacho is an alternative Android app.
Turbo Tacho - Light - Apps on Google Play

I would be happy if other people use the app and give me feedback. The app is completely free, no ads, no registration required and no data is collected. The app is relatively small on your phone.
I only tested the app on my own bike. I am very curious about your feedback. If you have any problems using it please let me know and I'll try to help.

Thomas

View attachment 88812

PS: Don't be affraid, it also support english.
Hi, congratulations for your app, it's work with turbo levo gen3?

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Hi, congratulations for your app, it's work with turbo levo gen3?
Hi, as far as i know and have tested, it will only work with bikes equipped with the TCU. The new masternind TCU is not supported. I hope this helps.
Thomas

PS: One of the reason to develop the app was that i was missing some of the new feature of the mastermind TCU. For example Turbo Tacho supports the following Mastermind TCU features:
- colour theme depending on the assit level
- display of AXS gear
- monitoring AXS battery level, rear derailleur, ReverB

Cadusakaguchi

May 30, 2022
Brazil
Hello, Thomas.
I tried to install but the app is not available for my country. Could you release to Brazil?
My smartphone is a galaxy note 20 and I intend to test it with Levo SL and Creo SL.
Thanks.

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Hello, Thomas.
I tried to install but the app is not available for my country. Could you release to Brazil?
My smartphone is a galaxy note 20 and I intend to test it with Levo SL and Creo SL.
Thanks.
Hi,
i added brasil to the countries. It should be availabe in a couple of day.
BR, Thomas

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Is it available in South Africa ?
And can you add Range? the only feature I really want from the new TCU mastermind

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Is it available in South Africa ?
And can you add Range? the only feature I really want from the new TCU mastermind
Hi,
I added South Africa to the list. I could add range as a feature. To better understand your requirements what do you expect from range?
To estimate range how would you do it. e.g. range (KM) could be the remaining battery capacity (WH) diveded by average consumption (WH/KM)

Thomas

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Hi,
I need your help. I'm currently working on JumpDetector for the app. My idea is to use the acceleration sensor form the phone. Too garther more example data i would like to aks if you guys can help. If you like to help it is quite easy, what you need is the following app : Phybox. With the help of the app you can record your acceleration data with g forces. If you do this i need an export as a csv file. If you could send or post me the recorded csv file with a short desription what kind of jump you recorced and how many jumps it would be great.
Thanks a lot,
Thomas

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Hi,
I added South Africa to the list. I could add range as a feature. To better understand your requirements what do you expect from range?
To estimate range how would you do it. e.g. range (KM) could be the remaining battery capacity (WH) diveded by average consumption (WH/KM)

Thomas

Thank you Thomas.

Yes I would thing that estimated Ange would be as you stated, Battery capacity divided my ave consumption should give a fair indication of range is the terrain remains constant.

lthomas71

May 25, 2022
Munich
Thank you Thomas.

Yes I would thing that estimated Ange would be as you stated, Battery capacity divided my ave consumption should give a fair indication of range is the terrain remains constant.
Hi,
I would like to let you know that a new release will be available quite soon. :cool: The new release will be able to display the remaining range in km. You just need to click on the distance display field to switch to remaining range. The remaining distance is based on the avaverage battery consumption of the current ride.
Please let me know if you guys have other wishes.

Br, Thomas

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles