Other Turbo Levo e-experience

Sepo

Nov 13, 2020
Slovakia
Dear Friends, since May 2020 I'm riding Turbo Levo Carbon and I have to say it's excellent bike...or better to say, could be excellent bike if I can forget my 6 months experience with powering/controlling unreliability. Here is the list:
  1. after 1 month battery failure and replacement through EU dealer in Netherlands
  2. riding the bike, turning OFF during a break and no response on turning ON after the beak, simply "dead", this happens 2 times, after cleaning rosenberger contacts, multiple on/off tryouts suddenly started (1 time), the 2nd time forced transport home and after couple days of "relax" in the garage problem disappeared
  3. preparing the bike in the evening, battery charged, everything OK, in the morning "dead"....no ride that day
  4. charging the battery, 3rd led flashing, green led on adapter and no charging...battery probably needs to be replaced again (direction Netherlands )
I thing, the electrical connections are extremely sensitive to humid conditions, rosenberger connector, its position and motor cable is probably not the best design. When riding, I try to bypass all gobbets, bringing the bike over creeks on my hands, my friends riding different e-mtb systems of course laughing. This is not normal for bike carrying Specialized name and for that cost.
I am not expecting my problem solution on this forum, I just need to cry on somebodies shoulder.
Anyway will be very thankfull for any kind of advice/recommendation
Peter from Slovakia (not Sagan

)
P.S. could somebody give me please the contact on Customer Service rep. directly in Spec organization? Thx

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
To be honest the complete catalogue sounds like problems with water ingress........even the battery change which I doubt was the cause of your problem when that was changed. Have you checked/changed the power cable between battery and motor. If it is the old model and has suffered the same damage as most it will probably have caused all of the problems you describe. The most vulnerable electrical part whilst actually on a ride is the charging port/magnetic connector. Making sure that is properly sealed is important. The connector has a single rubber "o" ring. Making sure that is in place, clean and lubed is necessary. I have actually made a cover for mine.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
FWIW my VW cars have Brose electric motors for windows and locks and after 12 years of owning VW's I find that when the window motor stops working - or door lock stops working , all I have to do is unplug the motor and plug it back in and then clear the faults with Vagcom and it works normally again! I think that all the vibrations cause wear in the multi plug so that the contact points eventually open up, and the process of unplugging and reconnecting scores new contact points.

I can't think of anything else.

I am not saying this is happening here - but who knows?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Better start beating the jungle drums ?
Maybe then you can get a response from Specialized rider care. lol . Been over a week since I asked for their assistance ...
They're not obliged to jump when you beat your drum :)

Keep in mind they're busy and are already dealing with their normal jobs and all the other rider care queries through other channels .. That we have them here at all is miracle and not something to be abused and complained about because the genie didn't appear when you rubbed your lamp.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
They do work for Specialized in customer relations ?
Or are they doing it out of the goodness of their heart ?

No abuse . No complaint .It was an attempt at humour . I contacted Specialized Australia directly via telephone and got the answers I was seeking immediately .

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
They're not obliged to jump when you beat your drum :)

Keep in mind they're busy and are already dealing with their normal jobs and all the other rider care queries through other channels .. That we have them here at all is miracle and not something to be abused and complained about because the genie didn't appear when you rubbed your lamp.
You are a very understanding client, wish all my clients were like that even after paying thousands of €.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Its like the Karate Kid .

Mr Miyagi explains to Daniel : Karate do - OK . Karate don`t do - OK . Karate maybe not OK .
Cross the highway - OK . Don`t cross the highway - OK . Start to cross then stop in the middle - not OK .

Kinda like - offer a service OK . Don`t offer the service OK . Offer the service intermittently . Not OK .

Last edited:

Sepo

Nov 13, 2020
Slovakia
To be honest the complete catalogue sounds like problems with water ingress........even the battery change which I doubt was the cause of your problem when that was changed. Have you checked/changed the power cable between battery and motor. If it is the old model and has suffered the same damage as most it will probably have caused all of the problems you describe. The most vulnerable electrical part whilst actually on a ride is the charging port/magnetic connector. Making sure that is properly sealed is important. The connector has a single rubber "o" ring. Making sure that is in place, clean and lubed is necessary. I have actually made a cover for mine.
Could you please send me the picture of your cover? Thx
[email protected]

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Dear Friends, since May 2020 I'm riding Turbo Levo Carbon and I have to say it's excellent bike...or better to say, could be excellent bike if I can forget my 6 months experience with powering/controlling unreliability. Here is the list:
  1. after 1 month battery failure and replacement through EU dealer in Netherlands
  2. riding the bike, turning OFF during a break and no response on turning ON after the beak, simply "dead", this happens 2 times, after cleaning rosenberger contacts, multiple on/off tryouts suddenly started (1 time), the 2nd time forced transport home and after couple days of "relax" in the garage problem disappeared
  3. preparing the bike in the evening, battery charged, everything OK, in the morning "dead"....no ride that day
  4. charging the battery, 3rd led flashing, green led on adapter and no charging...battery probably needs to be replaced again (direction Netherlands )
I thing, the electrical connections are extremely sensitive to humid conditions, rosenberger connector, its position and motor cable is probably not the best design. When riding, I try to bypass all gobbets, bringing the bike over creeks on my hands, my friends riding different e-mtb systems of course laughing. This is not normal for bike carrying Specialized name and for that cost.
I am not expecting my problem solution on this forum, I just need to cry on somebodies shoulder.

)
P.S. could somebody give me please the contact on Customer Service rep. directly in Spec organization? Thx
What year is the bike and what color? I have the 2020. In the cobalt blue

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa

)
Is this a 2020 model? There only 2 choices on the Turbo,. Mine which is the cobalt blue and a Brown one. Not the SL

SurreyOldman

Jul 25, 2020
Uk
I’ve had a number of issues with my Levo 2021 carbon. Needed a new battery after a few months as it wouldn’t charge.
I’ve now gone through intermittent lurching , various warning lights and total cut off all of the time which fixed itself when I banged the bike up and down on tarmac to clear some mud. So it sounds like a battery connection issue. The latest issue is more warning lights today and the bike keeps turning on when I power it off. I’ve sorted this by opening the charging ‘flap’.
Time to go back to the shop again....

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
I’ve had a number of issues with my Levo 2021 carbon. Needed a new battery after a few months as it wouldn’t charge.
I’ve now gone through intermittent lurching , various warning lights and total cut off all of the time which fixed itself when I banged the bike up and down on tarmac to clear some mud. So it sounds like a battery connection issue. The latest issue is more warning lights today and the bike keeps turning on when I power it off. I’ve sorted this by opening the charging ‘flap’.
Time to go back to the shop again....
Very sorry to hear. I have a 2021 expert since July. Have about 100 hours on her. Not one problem at all.

PXL_20201227_175438116.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles