Trek Rail Battery Cover

Topper85

May 23, 2021
Bristol
I'd like to transport my bike without the battery, but then it will leave an empty space in the frame with the electrics exposed. I'm surprised Trek don't sell empty covers that click in. Has anyone tried the "unofficial" ones outs there? Thoughts?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I cut out a thick piece of dense foam that sits in the frame over the battery connections. Seemed to work alright but bike does look silly without the battery in it...

Outlate

Apr 25, 2021
SoCal
I'd like to transport my bike without the battery, but then it will leave an empty space in the frame with the electrics exposed. I'm surprised Trek don't sell empty covers that click in. Has anyone tried the "unofficial" ones outs there? Thoughts?
I ordered the one from Etsy. It’s pretty well made and fits pretty good. I plan on trying to use my Rail without the battery at snow summit bike park. Since they have lifts, it’d be nice to shed those extra pounds.

Topper85

May 23, 2021
Bristol
Not a frame cover, but to just cover the connection, this is a very cheap addition.

Screenshot_20210607_082438.jpg

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
I’ve seen battery ‘blanks’ for sale on eBay. Swapping the handle, cover, etc from the battery to the blank takes a few minutes.

Outlate

Apr 25, 2021
SoCal
I bought the Etsy cover so I can shed the battery weight when riding snow summit’s bike park (lift access ?). It’s perfect!!! It would probably get thrashed on a bad fail, but damn…it’s so much lighter.

Hotrod

Nov 30, 2023
So Cal
I have been trying to source a cover or some kind of plug for my Rail 9.7. I do a lot of camping and traveling with the bike and I transport it with the battery out and I often ride it around camp w/o the battery. I'm somewhat amazed that Trek does not make a dummy cover of some kind. I saw one on Etsy but the person who 3D prints it does not ship to the US. I saw the neoprene sleeve idea but I don't think it will work due to the water bottle cage. This is an older thread so was hoping someone had a source on a cover.

superglwl

Aug 5, 2023
Malaysia
I have been trying to source a cover or some kind of plug for my Rail 9.7. I do a lot of camping and traveling with the bike and I transport it with the battery out and I often ride it around camp w/o the battery. I'm somewhat amazed that Trek does not make a dummy cover of some kind. I saw one on Etsy but the person who 3D prints it does not ship to the US. I saw the neoprene sleeve idea but I don't think it will work due to the water bottle cage. This is an older thread so was hoping someone had a source on a cover.

i bought this for my 625W battery with cover. Its a tight fit but doable.

Hotrod

Nov 30, 2023
So Cal
Correct, looking for a cover for the frame opening when the battery is removed. The tape does work, but not the exact thing I was looking for. Clearly there is no demand for something like this based on the lack of anyone making one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles