Rail battery cover removal

knobster

Oct 7, 2020
Portland
Anyone know how to remove the cover off the battery? Bike shop scratched mine up and ordered me a new one but didn't tell me how to remove the old one. Looks like it just slides off but I don't want to damage the battery case trying to remove the old one.

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
If they scratched it...they should replace it for you!

But, basically you need to remove the plastic end caps with a few different size of Torx drivers. 6 on one end, 4 on the other. Don't lose the little spring and pusher on the handle side when you take it off. Then the cover just slides off.

knobster

Oct 7, 2020
Portland
If they scratched it...they should replace it for you!

But, basically you need to remove the plastic end caps with a few different size of Torx drivers. 6 on one end, 4 on the other. Don't lose the little spring and pusher on the handle side when you take it off. Then the cover just slides off.

Yeah you're right about that! It had been nearly a year since this happened and I posted a negative review of their store and boom, they ordered the cover. Funny how that works.

Thanks for the info on that. I had removed the end cap opposite of the handle and thought it would just slide off that direction, but nope...

knobster

Oct 7, 2020
Portland
Yeah you're right about that! It had been nearly a year since this happened and I posted a negative review of their store and boom, they ordered the cover. Funny how that works.

Thanks for the info on that. I had removed the end cap opposite of the handle and thought it would just slide off that direction, but nope...
Posting this in case someone searches for this topic. If you take the end cap off the opposite side of the handle which is 4 screws, then take the two smaller screws closest to the cover on the handle side, it'll slide right off.

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
Yeah you're right. You just need to remove the bottom cover or the handle cover entirely (doesn't matter), and then the smaller 2x screws on the opposing end.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles