Rail (625Wh) Trek Rail 9.9 BOSCH issue

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
So after 1650 miles I have this Loud Click and "slip" when im in my lowest(hardest gear) So I changed out chain(600miles) didnt help, swapped in new rear XTR cassette and the click or hesitation is still there. Anyone have this, heard of this or have any clue? Really only does it in the lowest gear(smallest cog.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Actually it turned out to be the motor, I happened to have a spare new bosch motor threw it in and all is well. for now.
Good to know, thanks. Got my Rail in 2019 and the motor is still quiet as ever(10k+kms, probably closer to 20k)). I have two other Gen 4 motors on Hardtails…a bit noisier though. I know my days are numbered …it’s been 3+ years for the gen4 on the Rail. 🤞

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Actually it turned out to be the motor, I happened to have a spare new bosch motor threw it in and all is well. for now.
that makes no sense!! The motor actuation is the same regardless what gear you are in. Changing the motor obviously meant removing cranks and chainwheel and refitting so it would suggest your issue was in some way associated with them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles