Trance X Adv. E+1 High
BB Height 357mm
Motor Ground Clearance 295mm
Rear Axle 377mm

Reign E+1 High
BB Height 337mm
Motor Ground Clearance 275mm
Rear Axle 357mm

After these measurements I'm keen to turn the Trance into a Mullet to see how it rides with the lower seat and steering angles. Also Reach & Stack would be affected, but it should be fine.

Last edited:

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Finally got ahold of the X1 Trance. I've had a few low key rides to and from the local trails here in Porthhills Christchurch, and taking it easy while I get used to it. The weight is clearly the biggest hurdle to get used to as well as the huge (like massive!) wheels. The smile on my face starts from the second I take off and get back though. A really awesome bike and I love that it rides and feels different to an analog bike. The contact points being in house Giant are particularly worth a mention- the seat is so comfortable.

A few things I'm keen to swap are a riser bar, longer drop post as there is way to much sticking out, and the official Fox mudguard upfront. I also need to familiarise myself with the suspension and set it up better.

A brilliant feeling riding this bike and in particular on flat trails it's so balanced that cruising no hands is a goer 100% ! 😂 The workout you get is quite different too compared to analog bikes. I love being able to dial in the level of resistance and boosting up steep fire road climbs is far more fun than grinding with lower back screaming.

P1050273.jpg

P1050276.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

Last edited:

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
So
Trance X Adv. E+1 High
BB Height 357mm
Motor Ground Clearance 295mm
Rear Axle 377mm

Reign E+1 High
BB Height 337mm
Motor Ground Clearance 275mm
Rear Axle 357mm

After these measurements I'm keen to turn the Trance into a Mullet to see how it rides with the lower seat and steering angles. Also Reach & Stack would be affected, but it should be fine.

In theory would the trance bb be 447mm in low position?
You wouldn't get any pedal strikes in high

For you to mullet would take 4min, swap one back wheel for the other 👍

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
This is just the change my bike needs (size L), 170mm too short for my legs. Do you know which store has a 210mm/30.9mm available as all the places I have looked seem to be out of stock of that dropper? Cheers

I ordered mine from T7 , they had some at there stock warehouse.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
I did weight the bikes today using a travel case lift unit. Seam to be pretty close give or take 200grams at a guess.

The above 2022 Trance in XL with pedals and 210 dropper is 26.1kg (750wh battery, mid/lite weight tyres)

2019 Trek powerfly LT9 in XL 25.7kg (500wh battery, coil shock, heavy tyres, mullet)

2019 Trance e+0 size M 24.5kg (500wh ,xtr build,27.5 mid/lite tyres everything standard)

Some quality useless information 😀

LielyF

Apr 13, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
210mm Oneup dropper installed. Much better. Can now slam the seat all the way down to the seatpost collar and still have a bit of extra height in full extension. Perfect. Would highly recommend for longer legged riders. Only $289NZD from T7 too. Fingers crossed it's reliable.
dropper1.jpg

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
210mm Oneup dropper installed. Much better. Can now slam the seat all the way down to the seatpost collar and still have a bit of extra height in full extension. Perfect. Would highly recommend for longer legged riders. Only $289NZD from T7 too. Fingers crossed it's reliable. View attachment 89352
That cover might = over heating. The manual suggest we do not use them.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
210mm Oneup dropper installed. Much better. Can now slam the seat all the way down to the seatpost collar and still have a bit of extra height in full extension. Perfect. Would highly recommend for longer legged riders. Only $289NZD from T7 too. Fingers crossed it's reliable. View attachment 89352
This is my second oneup dropper, I used a 180mm on a Trek powerfly, the low stack height was a real bonus , seat dropped another 35mm from std post.
I'm keen to try the oneup carbon bar as well, apparently helps to reduce some buzz/ vibration.
What city do you live?

LielyF

Apr 13, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
This is my second oneup dropper, I used a 180mm on a Trek powerfly, the low stack height was a real bonus , seat dropped another 35mm from std post.
I'm keen to try the oneup carbon bar as well, apparently helps to reduce some buzz/ vibration.
What city do you live?
Hmmm might have to look into that bar - although I have no complaints in regards to the stock one. I'm in Auckland.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
So a random question for the X1 owners, what size brake rotors has your bike got?
The giant page says the X1 has 220mm and X2/X3 has 203mm.
Mine has 200mm or there abouts, do shimano even make 220mm rotors? (Center lock)

Brakes only just doing it for me by the end of a decent down hill, everywhere else they are fantastic. I'm 110kg+ so thats not ideal!

Cheers

LielyF

Apr 13, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
So a random question for the X1 owners, what size brake rotors has your bike got?
The giant page says the X1 has 220mm and X2/X3 has 203mm.
Mine has 200mm or there abouts, do shimano even make 220mm rotors? (Center lock)

Brakes only just doing it for me by the end of a decent down hill, everywhere else they are fantastic. I'm 110kg+ so thats not ideal!

Cheers
203mm centerlock both ends (Size L). Yeah I also noticed that is was advertised as 220mm front (I'm guessing it's a mistake on Giant's website?). I'm <70kg so no issues with the XT brakes, they are awesome. I have upgraded the rotors to the 'Icetech' ones though but haven't noticed a difference, certainly haven't been able to get them to fade.

Once thing I have noticed as that my bike doesn't have the rubber fork bumpers. Was told by Giant NZ that they only come on the small size frame? Anyone know anything to the contrary?

1654987985543.png

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
203mm centerlock both ends (Size L). Yeah I also noticed that is was advertised as 220mm front (I'm guessing it's a mistake on Giant's website?). I'm <70kg so no issues with the XT brakes, they are awesome. I have upgraded the rotors to the 'Icetech' ones though but haven't noticed a difference, certainly haven't been able to get them to fade.

Once thing I have noticed as that my bike doesn't have the rubber fork bumpers. Was told by Giant NZ that they only come on the small size frame? Anyone know anything to the contrary?

View attachment 90063
Mine is small and has this bumper.

Twonks

Apr 16, 2022
Midlands
Hi all. First post here as I’ve just got my first ebike after 30+ years on regular mtbs.

will hopefully contribute to the forum as time goes by but, for now here is a fresh new bike with no changes from factory.

SPD pedals to be fitted, although I don’t believe any other changes will be made as it rides so well. 😃

C992064C-9C7B-40F6-B60E-C37FAB050C81.jpeg

Trailblaze604

Jul 25, 2022
Vancouver
My first EMTB. Chromag Dagga pedals and spacers, Raceface sixC carbon bar and Turbine 50mm stem. RRP fenders. I spent to much time debating a EMTB purchase. Very impressed with the E+ 3 this far.

Despite being in the ‘Clydesdale’ class @ 6’5 and 140 kgs, I can get 70kms and 700m of elevation gain on the 625wh battery. That’s using mostly lower assist levels.

DFFDE085-65E4-4865-BF25-EE55239EC354.jpeg

BD86C714-D541-4F36-AA69-2E908BEDC618.jpeg

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm really considering a Trance X Advanced E+ 0 or 1 but not sure about the size.

I currently have a 2021 Stance E+ in Large but looking at the charts, it looks like the Trance runs a bit bigger, so thinking I should go Medium.

I'm 5'10, but more importantly, I've got a small inseam not sure of my measurement, but 30-inch pants are longer on me. I had to put a 120mm dropped on the Stance and run it fully inserted.

Why upgrade? - I find I've maxed my suspension on the Stance -- I love the bike so much, but it doesn't make sense to throw a few grand into upgrading it. To make things hard a Large is just a 5-minute drive away while a Medium I might need to wait.

Thanks!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I'm really considering a Trance X Advanced E+ 0 or 1 but not sure about the size.

I currently have a 2021 Stance E+ in Large but looking at the charts, it looks like the Trance runs a bit bigger, so thinking I should go Medium.

I'm 5'10, but more importantly, I've got a small inseam not sure of my measurement, but 30-inch pants are longer on me. I had to put a 120mm dropped on the Stance and run it fully inserted.

Why upgrade? - I find I've maxed my suspension on the Stance -- I love the bike so much, but it doesn't make sense to throw a few grand into upgrading it. To make things hard a Large is just a 5-minute drive away while a Medium I might need to wait.

Thanks!
I would go med. Never buy too big, if it feels a bit small for a few $ you can fix that.

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Picked mine up last week. Seat and pedals is all I've changed so far. BB is noticeably higher (rear wheel won't clear the ground on my custom built stand} and motor way more compact vs my 2021. The motor also feels a bit more urgent in power delivery. Wasn't expecting revolution, the evolution from 2020, 2021 to 2022 has been good.
IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Picked mine up last week. Seat and pedals is all I've changed so far. BB is noticeably higher (rear wheel won't clear the ground on my custom built stand} and motor way more compact vs my 2021. The motor also feels a bit more urgent in power delivery. Wasn't expecting revolution, the evolution from 2020, 2021 to 2022 has been good.
View attachment 99029
View attachment 99030
What size frame is it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles