Trance X Adv E+ 0 2022 Bearing swop advice please

Wallyrider

Dec 13, 2022
United Kingdom
giant 1.jpg
Giant 2.jpg

Hi Newbie here to E-Bikes, having had several Anthems and Trances I cannot work out how to loosen the cables to get to the 4 lower bearings 6802's (from memory). In the olden times I could clip off the rear brake cable and remove the pivot. I have stopped to have a rethink before any damage is done. I just cannot move the linkage anywhere far enough out of the frame. I guess I have to open up motor and release power cables? remove speed sensor and remove rear brake? I do love internal routing.

This area gets very wet (it does have two natty drain holes) and the bearings are rough. I realise they don't move much, but I would like to install the new Enduro ones I have packed with fresh grease. Any tips greatly appreciated, all other bearings out no bother.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
You will have to remove all cables feom the rear triangle to get the lower linkage off the frame.
On the right side it is only the rear shifter cable, but on the left it is the break hose, speed sensor etc.

You can also try to unmount the rear brake and the shifter from the handlebar so you are able pull the cables a bit more back so you can move the rocker enough to access the inner bearings.

Goid luck!

Wallyrider

Dec 13, 2022
United Kingdom
That's what I am putting back in, but awaiting a delivery for another bearing for top of rocker - which moves about the most. I think I will try the loosening the cable from the front end first from under the battery. But this might not loosen the LHS entry cable.

It's the cables going out of the bottom of the LHS arm, above the word Yamaha in the first pic that have me a little foxed.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Enduro max good for this ?
I recommend a company called Trail Vision for their "Blue Seal" bike bearings. They pack them with marine grease and other good stuff. User friendly website too. In addition, fast delivery and their prices are competitive (after the big build up, I expected them to be more expensive).

Wallyrider

Dec 13, 2022
United Kingdom
5mBbjd4.jpg

I hope the above is useful, took an exploded diagram and added the bearing description to the location.

The trick here is to loosen the cables from the cockpit and pull them through from the battery area.
If you want a whole set you will need:
6900 X4
6802 X4
6902 x2
63800 x2

Headset is a (TH MR1221 1-1/8th 36'x45) top and a (TH MR229 1.8" 36'x45') bottom.
It only took a week to do....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles