Trance X E+ 2022

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
It is with some regret, that my pending-shipment Trance Advanced e+ Pro 0 order was canceled today😥

A 2021 medium Trance X e+ Pro 1 became available on the Giant website, and I swapped. The stable is now all one color.. Polished-Silver.

Oddly, it seems the only way to get XT brake pads, is to purchase a bike with them already installed.

😔maybe next year.

HarleyMYK

Dec 11, 2021
SoCal
Hey guys I’m new here. I bought this bike from Wheelworld in Woodland Hills last week, I’m having an issue charging mine. I can only get it up to 70% battery capacity. This seems to be a problem with these bikes, is there a way around this without pulling off the battery? I took it out on some trails last week and it rode in handled excellent! Just need to get the charge up to 100% so I can ride it again.
Hi Shaunnyb! I would be interested in any additional impressions you have of the bike and Wheel World, as I am also thinking about getting the Giant Trance X Advanced E+ 2 from Wheel World. I drove from Woodland Hills to their Culver City store to test ride the Trance X Advanced E+2 and the 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp in my size, but I could only ride them around the neighborhood (no hills or dirt). FWIW, I am 70 and mostly road bike now (I am the slowest regular rider going up the hills on Mulholland Hwy) but would like to get back into mountain biking, which I rarely do now as I now need to walk many of the steeper dirt hills I used to be able to get up on a "analog" mountain bike.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Hi Shaunnyb! I would be interested in any additional impressions you have of the bike and Wheel World, as I am also thinking about getting the Giant Trance X Advanced E+ 2 from Wheel World. I drove from Woodland Hills to their Culver City store to test ride the Trance X Advanced E+2 and the 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp in my size, but I could only ride them around the neighborhood (no hills or dirt). FWIW, I am 70 and mostly road bike now (I am the slowest regular rider going up the hills on Mulholland Hwy) but would like to get back into mountain biking, which I rarely do now as I now need to walk many of the steeper dirt hills I used to be able to get up on a "analog" mountain bike.
Going up is something i enjoy.
I have never been a stong person so i modify transmissions.
On a HT i switched the front 32 teeth to 28 and i love it.
On my fatbike i went from 36 rear to 42 and i can climb anywhere.

Shaunnyb

Nov 25, 2021
California
I went in there three or four times and rode different bikes before I decided on the trance X advanced E+2 I also rode the turbo levo, I decided to go with the giant bike because of issues I heard about the customers coming back with reliability concerns on the specialized bike. I haven’t had any issues yet with my giant. The guys were informative and helpful. They will set you up with the best bike for you.

F55B2C0A-43B1-4703-B70C-A6760692D6A8.jpeg

Shaunnyb

Nov 25, 2021
California
I went in there three or four times and rode different bikes before I decided on the trance X advanced E+2 I also rode the turbo levo, I decided to go with the giant bike because of issues I heard about the customers coming back with reliability concerns on the specialized bike. I haven’t had any issues yet with my giant. The guys were informative and helpful. They will set you up with the best bike for you.

View attachment 78077
I have taken it out a few times now on a few 1.5 to 2 hour rides, it does really well going up steep hills, its a joy to ride downhills and single track rides as well. There is plenty of battery power to get you through a two hour ride. The adjustable suspension is great, I love this bike in all conditions so far. This is my first electric mountain bike and I’m really happy that I did some looking around before I decided to go with this E-bike. I strongly suggest you getting one!

HarleyMYK

Dec 11, 2021
SoCal
Going up is something i enjoy.
I have never been a stong person so i modify transmissions.
On a HT i switched the front 32 teeth to 28 and i love it.
On my fatbike i went from 36 rear to 42 and i can climb anywhere.
On my 2x10 road bike I have 50x34 front and 10-36 in rear, so I can climb anything paved.
On my mountain

View attachment 78077
Thanks!

HarleyMYK

Dec 11, 2021
SoCal
I have taken it out a few times now on a few 1.5 to 2 hour rides, it does really well going up steep hills, its a joy to ride downhills and single track rides as well. There is plenty of battery power to get you through a two hour ride. The adjustable suspension is great, I love this bike in all conditions so far. This is my first electric mountain bike and I’m really happy that I did some looking around before I decided to go with this E-bike. I strongly suggest you getting one!
Thanks, Shaunnyb!

Jimfuel100

Nov 18, 2021
Frederick, Maryland. USA
Picked up my 2022 e+2 and had a chance to ride it today.
First mtb was 1992. First ebike ride was today. WOW.
Yes it is heavy. Yes it isn’t playful. I absolutely LOVE the bike.

I was in auto mode 90% of the time today. Cadence of 75-80 seemed perfect.

I’m in central Maryland…looking forward to exploring the DMV trails with the bike.

Jim.

REL1203

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
I havent got to post much about mine, but I;ve had it for 4 or 5 weeks now, and I love it... I went with the +2 and it has everything I need. It has completely changed my MTB style, and I was able to do 10miles (with about 1100ft elevation gain) and want to keep going.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
USA are not getting much love from Giant lately by not having all Reign E & Trance X E models...meanwhile in Canada we get everything lol!

The 2022 Trance X E+ 1 must be the best value trail oriented ebike on the market right now.

7499$ CAD / 6000 $ USD gets you an XT derailleur & brakes, Fox 36 & Float X performance and that 750WH battery is truly amazing.

Good luck trying to find such a good package for the price elsewhere!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
USA are not getting much love from Giant lately by not having all Reign E & Trance X E models...meanwhile in Canada we get everything lol!

The 2022 Trance X E+ 1 must be the best value trail oriented ebike on the market right now.

7499$ CAD / 6000 $ USD gets you an XT derailleur & brakes, Fox 36 & Float X performance and that 750WH battery is truly amazing.

Does it also get the new Yamaha weight saver?
For what i do i am interested in the Stance E+ and i have not seen the 2022.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

My guess is they don't want cut into other brands too deep, as they make frames for like... well, everybody?

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
A must watch! Trance X Advanced E+ finish 1st in the performance test, kind of surprised!

Solid performance for the price, almost half the price of a Levo, but more trail oriented.

However, Giant made a huge mistake by only offering the 625wh battery with the carbon model...should've been the 750wh battery like on the alu version.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I like the sleeker Down Tube compared to my Reign e+, and 625wh is enough for most of my rides.
Furthermore the smaller battery saves half a pound compared to the 750wh model.
So I'm quite happy with the Carbon Version and do not consider this as a shortcoming but rather good design by purpose.
For the epic rides I'll use my 250wh Range Extender or carry the power adapter with me to charge during the lunch break.

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I like the sleeker Down Tube compared to my Reign e+, and 625wh is enough for most of my rides.
Furthermore the smaller battery saves half a pound compared to the 750wh model.
So I'm quite happy with the Carbon Version and do not consider this as a shortcoming but rather good design by purpose.
For the epic rides I'll use my 250wh Range Extender or carry the power adapter with me to charge during the lunch break.

I still believe that an error was made somewhere when designing the carbon frame.

Their flagship model gets a 625wh battery while their lower end aluminum version gets the 750wh ? To me it's straight up like a GT3RS would have a 400HP engine while the entry level Boxster would get more powerful 500HP engine....it's not making any sense.

I'm not sure that the downtube on the carbon version is that much sleeker and the portion near the head tube is kind of really flat/massive versus the alu version that is smoother, is that what's eating space ?

Looks like the carbon model needs way more material in that area and need to have the downtube connect a little bit earlier with the top tube...giving away room for the battery ?

The 750wh battery is 1cm taller vs. the 625wh, so it might be too tight in that section.

EX3.jpg

EX4.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I doubt you are comparing the same frame sizes. Carbon looks like XL, wxhixh explains why it it so long around fhe Headtube. Anyway, that's your opinion on this cause, and I have mine.

PS: the 800wh Battery for the Carbon and Alloy Models will be released later this year, and then you might gonna think different about it 😉

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I doubt you are comparing the same frame sizes. Carbon looks like XL, wxhixh explains why it it so long around fhe Headtube. Anyway, that's your opinion on this cause, and I have mine.

PS: the 800wh Battery for the Carbon and Alloy Models will be released later this year, and then you might gonna think different about it 😉

Both bikes pictured are size XL.

Any source for a 800wh battery being released for both models ? Never heard of it.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I know I'm going against the grain here, but I like the option for smaller wattage, lighter weight battery. My first Trance, was a 2019 model with the 504Wh battery, and I found it sufficient for my needs. Built with today's tech, that battery weighs 2 or 3 lbs less.

If changing to a lighter tire casing can make the bike feel more playful, a few lbs is a significant performance improvement.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I might be the exception but at 64 years i do a morning ride and an afternoon ride.
Even in minus 25 a 500Wh is enough for me.
I can have 2.5Hrs of fun, eat, recharge while the bike is recharging.
It is mass production, each person does not get 100% of their likes
but for the price we find a bike that gets close.
I feel in paradise on my Yamaha/Giant in the woods and i love
the reliable aspect.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
It's perfectly fine for you guys to like lighter/smaller batteries, not trying on convincing you that 750wh batteries should be the only thing to ride on an eMTB.

What I'm trying to say here is that Giant's marketing strategy versus the competition is inadequate because of a design mistake on the carbon frame that is not able to fit their top of the line 750wh battery.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
the probable reason is that it is very costly to change an existing carbon frame design. It means new moulds which are typically cast alloy and are mega expensive. Re-designing an alloy frame is simple and far less costly by comparison.
The strength in the carbon downtube design....enabling clearance for the fork under the downtube is due to how much it is joined to the top tube.
Seems to me a number of bikes are now having to resort to straighter down tubes.. and therefore knock blocks, to accomodate these new larger batteries.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles