They don't make them like they used to...

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Well, yesterday on landing my foot came off the pedal and I landed rather heavily on the front of the saddle...
First time I've ever had this happen!
Fortunately I have a few spares but I was surprised and had to ride the next six miles with it pitching me forward! :)
SaddleSml.jpg

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, yesterday on landing my foot came off the pedal and I landed rather heavily on the front of the saddle...
First time I've ever had this happen!
Fortunately I have a few spares but I was surprised and had to ride the next six miles with it pitching me forward! :)
View attachment 59692
I have the same bike and saddle and my foot slipped off. Wasn't that heavy but my seat rails bent and bowed in the middle. Replaced it with an Ergon SMC which I like.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Is that the original. If so, you've done your self a favour. The original Merida saddles are the most uncomfortable things I've had the displeasure of sitting on. Good riddance....

Gordon

Reactions: mas

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Is that the original. If so, you've done your self a favour. The original Merida saddles are the most uncomfortable things I've had the displeasure of sitting on. Good riddance....

Gordon

My e160 Limited came with Merida's GX Comp saddle (pictured) and it's not that bad. My wife's e160 700 came with Merida's GX Expert and that isn't comfortable. I'm having to use it until I buy one as I don't think my spare saddles are the best, still have my original rock hard Bontrager from 1995!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles