Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hallo everybody. I am new here. I ride one of the first LEVO comp FSR in Holland. I got in warrenty a new battery.
I use BLEVO from the beginning it was there. I used it only to change some parameters. Now I discovered that there is smart and hartpower. I understand that the IPhone must stay connected while using smartpower. I also use a Garmin 1030 while I am riding.Also I use the Garmin wireless controller for changing ECO/TRAIL/TURBO. I use GPS for speedmy question is: Can I use this all together. Ps. Excuse my English
Yes, sure.. you can use Garmin and BLEvo at the same time.. Garmin use ANT+ protocol, BLEvo Bluetooth..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks Paolo, I have been doing some tweaking to my settings, and based on your comment, I think I've found the sweet spot. I went yesterday for a 55 km ride and I think that never gotten the average Wh/km such low and also never done so little amount of manual assistance changes during the ride. I was using my home-made, extra 250 Wh battery and came back with 43 % battery left :cool:

Now my settings are:
7-65 %
70-80 %
94-95 %

And thresholds set up so that Eco power goes up quite soon, when I push pedals hard, but also comes down, when I don't need the power anymore. Trail is for steeper and/or more technical uphills and Turbo for going over logs or other short technical sections.

I do have one wish though:
I have "Duration" visible in my 3+3+3 horizontal dashboard, but the moment, when duration goes over 1 hour, the value goes to two rows and then it messes the layout (see the attached image, lower right corner and the whole bottom row). Would it be possible to have a setting that, when duration goes over 1 hour, the seconds are not shown anymore?

View attachment 13510
I will check the field of time in this kind of display...
Thanks for the notification of the issue..

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I'm brand new to Blevo having just picked up a Turbo Levo HT for the girlfriend and have to say its great, but I have one possible "feature" request for us here in the UK. We use a mix of Metric and Imperial figures, and it would be great if these could be chosen for different fields. eg....
- For speed we use MPH
- For distance we use miles
- For measurements such as wheel size we use mm

I can set it all to imperial, but this makes the wheel measurement in inches.

I know this isn't really a significant request, but would add flexibility

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm brand new to Blevo having just picked up a Turbo Levo HT for the girlfriend and have to say its great, but I have one possible "feature" request for us here in the UK. We use a mix of Metric and Imperial figures, and it would be great if these could be chosen for different fields. eg....
- For speed we use MPH
- For distance we use miles
- For measurements such as wheel size we use mm

I can set it all to imperial, but this makes the wheel measurement in inches.

I know this isn't really a significant request, but would add flexibility
I will try to add another configuration flag to select the wheel size unit..

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Paolo,

Are you happy for bug reports to be submitted in this thread, I've used BLEvo for my first commute today and I've found a couple of "display" bugs. Happy to share them here, or alternatively I can email them etc.

Darren

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo,

Are you happy for bug reports to be submitted in this thread, I've used BLEvo for my first commute today and I've found a couple of "display" bugs. Happy to share them here, or alternatively I can email them etc.

Darren
Don't worry, share here, so if someone has the same issue, he knows that the issue is under investigation..

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
OK, here goes...... Some of these might be because I am colour blind - but I am sure there are a number of others who might have difficulty in a few areas.

I 100% appreciate that this is not your full time job, but I have to say the application is absolutely brilliant and the smart power functionality (even without a HR monitor) is awesome! My list below are all minor things, but would make the app even better.

1) When using the "Open map of ride" after the actual ride, and selecting the "Value to show" of assistance - it looks like the scale shows low assistance as a really dark colour (black?), but this makes it look like it was a "high assistance" section. Would it make more sense for 0% assistance to be right at the very bottom of the scale (Green side) rather than black? Many of the other scales run from 0 and work really well.

2) Again when viewing the map - if I use "Speed (km/h)" it all works, but I have mine configured as MPH, the speed is shown in MPH in the top section of the map, but the scale shows km/h (actual speed on the scale is mp/h though)

3) Last one for the map - on the bar showing the scale the text for max is very hard to see (Black text on red) - could the max text be a light colour (eg white)

4) When uploading a ride to Strava the message at the end says something like "Strava upload terminated" - I appreciate English isn't your first language but I originally thought that because the work "Terminated" was used the upload had failed, using the word "completed" may be a better phrase.

5) On the main ride screen (Vertical BM 2+2 etc) I have a field enabled named "Total Kilometers" which shows the distance travelled in this ride, However as I am configured for Miles / MPH etc it actually counts in Miles, but in the screen it shows km. The "Statistics" screen after a ride however is correct

6) I am not 100% on this, but I think the altitude / climb settings may also be similar to the KM / Miles display variations. I think mine is set to feet, but all displays etc show metres. The "Statistics" screen after a ride however is correct

7) The last bit is in relation to the Upload to Strava and some discrepancies that occur here, the discrepancies are......
- Maximum Speed - Blevo shows 32.7 for my ride, Strava shows 36.9 - I think that Blevo is probably closer to the truth here, although Strava makes me look better :) Interestingly average speed is correct (within 0.1mph)
- Average Power - Blevo shows average biker power as 205w, Strava as 153w. Max power however is the same in both (Blevo 562, Strava 562)
- Elevation - Blevo shows total ascent as 357ft, Strava shows 400ft

Darren

-

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
OK, here goes...... Some of these might be because I am colour blind - but I am sure there are a number of others who might have difficulty in a few areas.

I 100% appreciate that this is not your full time job, but I have to say the application is absolutely brilliant and the smart power functionality (even without a HR monitor) is awesome! My list below are all minor things, but would make the app even better.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.. I like very much Smart Power.. and if you will try a bike without it, you will miss it

1) When using the "Open map of ride" after the actual ride, and selecting the "Value to show" of assistance - it looks like the scale shows low assistance as a really dark colour (black?), but this makes it look like it was a "high assistance" section. Would it make more sense for 0% assistance to be right at the very bottom of the scale (Green side) rather than black? Many of the other scales run from 0 and work really well.

The value is black because the cadence is 0 so, even if the assistance level is high, the motor consumption is low.

2) Again when viewing the map - if I use "Speed (km/h)" it all works, but I have mine configured as MPH, the speed is shown in MPH in the top section of the map, but the scale shows km/h (actual speed on the scale is mp/h though)

Label Bug. Will be fixed

3) Last one for the map - on the bar showing the scale the text for max is very hard to see (Black text on red) - could the max text be a light colour (eg white)

Color Bug. Will be fixed

4) When uploading a ride to Strava the message at the end says something like "Strava upload terminated" - I appreciate English isn't your first language but I originally thought that because the work "Terminated" was used the upload had failed, using the word "completed" may be a better phrase.

English Bug. Will be fixed

5) On the main ride screen (Vertical BM 2+2 etc) I have a field enabled named "Total Kilometers" which shows the distance travelled in this ride, However as I am configured for Miles / MPH etc it actually counts in Miles, but in the screen it shows km. The "Statistics" screen after a ride however is correct

Label Bug. Will be fixed

6) I am not 100% on this, but I think the altitude / climb settings may also be similar to the KM / Miles display variations. I think mine is set to feet, but all displays etc show metres. The "Statistics" screen after a ride however is correct

Label Bug. Will be fixed

7) The last bit is in relation to the Upload to Strava and some discrepancies that occur here, the discrepancies are......
- Maximum Speed - Blevo shows 32.7 for my ride, Strava shows 36.9 - I think that Blevo is probably closer to the truth here, although Strava makes me look better :) Interestingly average speed is correct (within 0.1mph)
- Average Power - Blevo shows average biker power as 205w, Strava as 153w. Max power however is the same in both (Blevo 562, Strava 562)
- Elevation - Blevo shows total ascent as 357ft, Strava shows 400ft
For the max speed, BLEvo is conservative.. there is a filter for max speed
For average Power, BLEvo calculate the average without considering the value of the biker power when the cadence is under 30rpm. This is because the average is greater.
For elevation depends if you have the barometer or not. With the barometer the values are the same (more or less), otherwise BLEvo will be always wrong
Paolo

In a few days I will release the new version..
Thanks for the issue notification.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi! Rode to work today, and to my surprise when changing up to trail from eco, the power went down almost to nothing! Turbo, was no better!... Switch back to eco.. and all is ok.
So I checked all the regular things:
Turned batt. On and off
Turned app. On and off
Checked batt. Connector and cleaned.
Checked power settings in the app.
Reloaded settings...
Reloaded other settings..
Tried reloading settings and restarting bike...
All kinds of combinations, but still the problem persists!
Any ideas?? Anyone had this problem? Solutions?
Thanks!
Tim.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi! Rode to work today, and to my surprise when changing up to trail from eco, the power went down almost to nothing! Turbo, was no better!... Switch back to eco.. and all is ok.
So I checked all the regular things:
Turned batt. On and off
Turned app. On and off
Checked batt. Connector and cleaned.
Checked power settings in the app.
Reloaded settings...
Reloaded other settings..
Tried reloading settings and restarting bike...
All kinds of combinations, but still the problem persists!
Any ideas?? Anyone had this problem? Solutions?
Thanks!
Tim.

Strange issue. Not sure which bike you have but maybe a factory reset of the bike will help? For the Levo 2019 I know the procedure is explained in the manual.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
I think you have a kenevo with old firmware and in TURBO you violate the rule Assistance% x CM < 999..
Am I right?

I don't know..? 10.22.3? Is that the firmware?
What firmware should I be running..??
Sorry, I've just been riding and enjoying the bike and the app!? Untill now.. putting off trying to understand all this "tech" stuff..
I guess now I will have to..
Can you tell me how to update it!? And what is the recomended firmware version for the kenevo, so I don't have problems!?
Thanks!!
Tim

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I don't know..? 10.22.3? Is that the firmware?
What firmware should I be running..??
Sorry, I've just been riding and enjoying the bike and the app!? Untill now.. putting off trying to understand all this "tech" stuff..
I guess now I will have to..
Can you tell me how to update it!? And what is the recomended firmware version for the kenevo, so I don't have problems!?
Thanks!!
Tim
If you want you can keep this version, but set the CM to 9% so you can have the full assistance percentage from 1 to 100 without any strange behaviour..

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Does anyone have recommendations for a cheap phone to use with Blevo? I'm not intending to actually add a SIM card (I might add a cheap PAYG if required). Ideally I'd like a waterproof / smash proof phone without spending hundreds of £

I've seen a few people recommend the Blackview, but which one would be best to go for? Does anyone use any of the below?

BV5500 - £100
BV5800 - £150
BV6000s- £140
BV6000 - £160
BV7000 - £150

Another option is the Cubot KIng Kong at £100

Darren

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Does anyone have recommendations for a cheap phone to use with Blevo? I'm not intending to actually add a SIM card (I might add a cheap PAYG if required). Ideally I'd like a waterproof / smash proof phone without spending hundreds of £

I've seen a few people recommend the Blackview, but which one would be best to go for? Does anyone use any of the below?

BV5500 - £100
BV5800 - £150
BV6000s- £140
BV6000 - £160
BV7000 - £150

Darren

Speaking about Blackview, it depends if you want the barometer or not. The BV5500 or BV5500PRO do not contain the barometer. I (and Paolo) use the BV6000 with barometer.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Speaking about Blackview, it depends if you want the barometer or not. The BV5500 or BV5500PRO do not contain the barometer. I (and Paolo) use the BV6000 with barometer.

Whilst I am sure the barometer is good and also makes the ascent counters more accurate - I'm not convinced it is worth £50-60 more than one without.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Whilst I am sure the barometer is good and also makes the ascent counters more accurate - I'm not convinced it is worth £50-60 more than one without.

Then I would just choose a cheaper model without barometer like the BV5500 or BV5500PRO.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

BV5500 - £100
BV5800 - £150
BV6000s- £140
BV6000 - £160
BV7000 - £150

Darren
The only with barometer are the BV6000x... I like the BV5500 but it doesn't have the barometer...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
On the Apple store is available BLEvo version 3.4.3 for iOS
I added the management of the second battery. You need to activate it in the configuration menu. Then at startup it will be asked to enter the capacity of the second battery.

Here are all news:
- Added second battery management
- Now the static values are restored even if you are not using Smart Power
- Update for iOS 12.2
- Bugfix: Distance calculation with bike sensor
- Bugfix: GPX import with larger longitudes 100
- Bugfix: CSV header creation
- Bugfix: Reading data at the beginning of the tour

Download the update from iTunes ..
Let me know if you found issue or bug.
Enjoy your ride.
Paolo.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Oh!? Ok!
I'll try it right now!
Thanks!
Tim

O.k.! Thanks again for saving me Paolo!!!???
Turned cm down to a fixed 9%.
And bingo! Everything works fine again! Without updating firmware or anything!
I don't really understand it... But just so it works! Now I know never to mess with the cm setting!???
Thanks!
Tim

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Bug report here: Once I select use miles instead of kilometers, in the slider where I can adjust speed, it still shows kph. ( for you naughty boys and girls out there 40mph = 65kph ) :devilish:

Rheingold

May 1, 2019
Germany
Hi there,
I'm curious how you set up the motor-percentage for Eco/Trail/Turbo and how that works with your heart rate monitor?

I have the motor-settings to: Eco 30%, Trail 50%, Turbo 100%

When driving with heart rate set I have the following settings:
Eco: 1-49%
Trail: 31-99%
Turbo: 99-100%

My question is: can I easily drive with a heart rate setting, so that power settings are between 1-100%?

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles