Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
aloha fellow BLEvo’ers! i am taking my bike in for service soon. i want to take the precaution of restoring my factory settings. should i use mission control? is there a manual reset? it’s a 2017 levo. any help would be great. i have read this entire thread, and i remember it being discussed, but i don’t know what to search nor do i recall the preferred method?‍♂️??

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
for 17/18 levos there should be a reset to factory settings button in MC

Tibo

Jan 24, 2019
France
Yes it's a circle arrow in the upper right side of the setting's screen. It doesn't change the wheel size so my advice is to set the wheel size in BLEvo to something like 2250mm or 2300mm (depending on the value you had befor moving to BLEvo) and then connect MC and do the reset.

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Yes it's a circle arrow in the upper right side of the setting's screen. It doesn't change the wheel size so my advice is to set the wheel size in BLEvo to something like 2250mm or 2300mm (depending on the value you had befor moving to BLEvo) and then connect MC and do the reset.
You are right. But in BLEvo shouldn’t you set up correct (manufactutre) speed limit as well (in Poland 25 km:h)? Because otherwise if you have speed limit set to for example to 40 km/h in BLEvo and you set correct wheel size in BLEvo to for example 2250 mm, BLEvo will set up diffrent wheel size in Levo’s hardware.

So in my opinion to reset levo you should:
In BLEvo:
- set up correct wheel size - in my bike 2250mm
- set up correct speed limit - in my bike 25 km/h
In MC:
- reset bike.
Am I correct?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
You are right. But in BLEvo shouldn’t you set up correct (manufactutre) speed limit as well (in Poland 25 km:h)? Because otherwise if you have speed limit set to for example to 40 km/h in BLEvo and you set correct wheel size in BLEvo to for example 2250 mm, BLEvo will set up diffrent wheel size in Levo’s hardware.

In BLEvo:
In MC:
- reset bike.
Am I correct?

Yes, you are correct!

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
in my experience just doing the factory reset in MC will also reset the wheelsize to what spesh think it should be.
Have you tried doing the reset and see what happens?

Tibo

Jan 24, 2019
France
@RobertK Yes you right !

@ccrdave Tried it last saturday with latest version of MC. No it doesn't... The value was 2300mm in MC, I switched to BLEvo and set it to 2175mm. Then moved to MC and reset the value was still at 2175mm. Then got back to BLEvo, set 2300mm, moved to MC, reset and everything was on the screen like after my update in the LBS one week ago. Hope that make sense... It was just to check if I can go back to the initial settings.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Thats ok as long as the setting in MC is more than 2000 its allowed by spesh in MC

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
in my experience just doing the factory reset in MC will also reset the wheelsize to what spesh think it should be.
Have you tried doing the reset and see what happens?
From where MC „knows” wheel size to which it should be set up? Your solution will work if you didnt change wheel size in BLEvo. Otherwise I have no idea how MC guesses wheel size of your bike. Am I right or wrong?

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
From where MC „knows” wheel size to which it should be set up? Your solution will work if you didnt change wheel size in BLEvo. Otherwise I have no idea how MC guesses wheel size of your bike. Am I right or wrong?

Ok. There may be default settings in MC. But in my bike it didnt work. I had to change to correct wheel size and speed limit in BLEvo and than reset in MC. You have to remember that only one app can work not two aps parelly.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think you are wrong, i had 2017 levo and 2018 levo and when I used blevo or another app to set the wheel size below 2000 it always came back when i reset to factory.
that was with old MC the new app may be different,
does the new MC allow you to change wheelsize down to 2000? factory reset should set the wheelsize to 2250 if I remember.
you can try this
set the cut off speed in bleveo to say 40kph
look in MC and note the wheel size, should be 900 or something
now do factory reset in mc, wheel should now be 2250 or near
if not then set cut off in belevo to 25kph and do mc reset again
now all parameters will be legal in MC
I hope :)))

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
i forgot to say im sure you know but when you do a factory reset you must turn the battery off then on for the changes to take effect

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
I think you are wrong, i had 2017 levo and 2018 levo and when I used blevo or another app to set the wheel size below 2000 it always came back when i reset to factory.
that was with old MC the new app may be different,
does the new MC allow you to change wheelsize down to 2000? factory reset should set the wheelsize to 2250 if I remember.
you can try this
set the cut off speed in bleveo to say 40kph
look in MC and note the wheel size, should be 900 or something
now do factory reset in mc, wheel should now be 2250 or near
if not then set cut off in belevo to 25kph and do mc reset again
now all parameters will be legal in MC
I hope :)))
In BLEvo:
In MC:
- reset bike.
Am I correct?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
In BLEvo:
In MC:
- reset bike.
Am I correct?
yes that should work

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
ok, so the new mc app looks pretty bad. i think it is dumbed down even more than the previous version. before installing mc i changed the settings in blevo to ‘specy default’ - perfecto! funny part was that my wheel circumference was in inches, but no prob. then i disconnected blevo and turned off bluetooth on the bv6000. then installed mc on my iphone and checked bike. seems good. odometer correct. didnt look like you can change wheel size. kinda glitchy too. it kept disconnecting, then reconnecting every 60 seconds or so... here are some screenshots:
CA42415F-116D-4960-A67B-D433B5D0DD93.png
424DA6A8-BB0D-401B-ACAB-0BC04B547FE1.png

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
ok... so the saga continues: i'm not trying to be paranoid, but i was trying to avoid mc registering the fact that my wheel size had been changed, but as you can see... it's listed as 1015mm. now, after getting mc working better and doing the factory reset on mc, the wheel size is up to 2300mm. oh well! we'll see what happens. tomorrow i'm taking it in to the lbs and they'e going to install a 2018 handlebar switch on it so i'll have walk mode and be able to switch assist levels easily. but, part of that will be hooking up to the specialized dongle and updating the firmware. will flags be thrown? i'll keep you all posted! also - after turning my phone on and off and the bike on and off a few times, mc settled down and stayed connected with no interruptions.

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
also - after turning my phone on and off and the bike on and off a few times, mc settled down and stayed connected with no interruptions.
I think it is normal. After turning bike off connection works some time. I think I was reading about it in the past. Am I right?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I updated the user manual of BLEvo for Android to the latest version with the explanation of all the new features added.
Many thank to my friend Erik for his patience in reviewing the manual and for helping with the English translation.
Remember that the manual is always accessible from the button in the main menu, as shown in the screenshot.

Here are the links to download them.

Manual in Italian:

English user manual:

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

tasti menu principale eng.png

Noblefart

Jan 26, 2019
Norway
Hi. I've just got Levo Expert 2019 and mounted 27.5 wheelset (due to studded winter tyres). I noticed it is not possible changing wheel size in MC. It is a long way to my dealer (doing a "hard reset") and soon I will do it again putting default wheelset on.

It is to new/expensive bike to void the warranty in my mind and it is not important for me going over 25 km/h - I just want accurate settings (eg distance).

Do I void my warranty innstalling BLEVO? (I know, newbie question and probably answered somewhere in this rather extensive thread)?

If no: What is your take?: Would you have done it and do I gain more than just accurate distance/speed?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi. I've just got Levo Expert 2019 and mounted 27.5 wheelset (due to studded winter tyres). I noticed it is not possible changing wheel size in MC. It is a long way to my dealer (doing a "hard reset") and soon I will do it again putting default wheelset on.

It is to new/expensive bike to void the warranty in my mind and it is not important for me going over 25 km/h - I just want accurate settings (eg distance).

Do I void my warranty innstalling BLEVO? (I know, newbie question and probably answered somewhere in this rather extensive thread)?

If no: What is your take?: Would you have done it and do I gain more than just accurate distance/speed?

Hi and welcome to this forum!

Just a question, have you read the BLEvo manual? You can download it via the post above your post. It will provide you exactly with all the answers on the questions you were asking.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

As Maastricht said, in the user manual are present all the answer.
In any case the warranty is not broken with BLEvo.. I don't know why there is this "voice in the air".. the warranty is broken only if you change the speed limit and you can do with many application..
With BLEvo you can set the wheel size corretly or you can use the gps distance..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks - yes please.

I’ll be wearing my watch anyway so if it could have been used for HR (with Android) it would save getting a separate HR monitor

Hi @Stumpy, @Kiwi in Wales and others,

I received the BV6000 last saturday and I also received the GUB Plus 8 (rotatable handle bar bracket). Remember Paolo uses the GUB G-85 which is a non rotatable bracket.

First of all I paid for the BV6000 about €160,- including shipping, custom fee and taxes. The bracket costed about €10,-.

I started with mounting the bracket on the handle bars. The bracket (as it is rotatable) has some internal play but there is a central bolt which you can tighten more and then the play is almost gone. The bracket itself is very stable, it works like a vice and it holds virtually any phone very well.

Regarding the BV6000, I will share my first feelings as I haven't rode a long tour yet with it. The installation went very smoothly at first. However as soon as I started to play around with the display brightness settings I ended up in troubles. Suddenly the screen became very dark and, although I selected 100% brightness, it changed every time automatically to dark again. I thought to download a firmware update which maybe would solve the issue but wifi also continuously stopped working. Long story short, I performed a factory reset and started all over again. Wifi is now very stable, brightness is now at 100% and the firmware update has been installed. I don't know what the problem caused but it's ok now.

Then I installed BLEvo. The Levo 2019 can only be paired to one phone! First I deleted (at least I thought to have deletec) my 2019 Levo from my IOS bluetooth settings. However still I wasn't able to connect the BV6000 I found out that you need to swipe the bikes name in IOS (with the bike turned on and connected) and then select "forget this device". It's then unpaired from the ios device. After that I was able to connect the BV6000 and vice versa.

I read that other riders had problems with connecting their phones to their 2019 Levo's as well. Maybe you should try to delete the bluetooth connection from the phone which was originally paired with the bike. (maybe this can even have been your shop owner's phone?) I am not 100% sure but in my case it seems that this solved the issue.

So once I succeeded to connect the bike I started to add all the BLEvo settings and there are many. ;) @PaoloBLEvo tried to work to a one size fits all app so you can customize really everything in high detail. I have set the bike monitor display, smart power, downloaded the offline Open Street Maps 4umaps.eu. I have downloaded the maps as I will use the BV6000 as a display only and not a phone so I haven't inserted a cellular card. In future I will still carry my iphone with me when riding but I will not add it to the handlebars anymore. If required via the iphone you can always set up a personal hotspot with the BV6000 in case you need a data connection due to whatever reason.

Some differences compared to the ios version are:
- graphics are more attractive then the ios version (but this is just a personal preference)
- open street maps which I like much more then the maps available in ios
- elevation data of the selected track
- gpx track direction (small arrows show which direction the track is meant to ride)
offline map availability
- Smart Power settings can be tuned in more detail
- Detailed graphs of the tour
- Barometer
- in general much more customization possible
- direct upload to Strava possible

Too be honnest too, at home, I got some strange faces, why does daddy needs a new phone? Well technically you are right but it's just a smart display with a huge battery inside. This last is also great advantage. I charged the device last saturday and it's still at 50% battery level. So where I first connected my iphone to an external powerback that's not required anymore.

Overall I am very happy that I followed @PaoloBLEvo 's recommendation. As an addicted ios user I never thought to switch to an Android device before. In case of any questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
On Apple Store there is the new version 3.3.4 of BLEvo for iOS.
These are the news:

- Changed the name from "Map to north" in "Map to drive direction"
- Added Italian translation
- Bugifx: Audio messages in the background with screen off
- Bugifx: Map display with invalid values
- Bugfix: Management of cadence at zero
- Bugfix: Setting the configuration name on firmware x.23
- Bugfix: GPX reading from Strava
- Bugfix: Fixed GPX header (failed to import the file on some tools)

Update it from Apple Store
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Enjoy your ride

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The user manual for BLEvo for Android has been translated to French.
Thanks to Christian for the job.
This is the link.

It is always available clicking the user manual button in the main page of BLEvo.

Pelt

Feb 5, 2019
Pelt Belgium
Hi Maastricht,
Why do you prefer the BV6000 above the garmin 1030 or st66
Is it possible blevo to use on Garmin
Ik will receive my bike , turbo comp, the next month

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Pelt,

First of all welcome to this forum!

For clarification I have never owned a Garmin device I do know that it offers a lot of options besides the navigation function too. Via the link underneath I have seen it should be possible to show some key metrics related to the Levo as well:
Ebike Field - Garmin app ~ UPDATE: New Diagnostics app - EMTB Forums

I decided not to buy a Garmin as the BV6000 (or a different cheap Android phone) in combination with BLEvo will cost you approximately 1/3 of the price. But here price is certainly not leading. You will notice also the screen is bigger of the BV6000 and the combination with BLEvo it's a very powerfull device. BLEvo can offer, according to my opinion at least, everything what the Garmin is capable of but next to that it's offering much more features and benefits for example like the smart power functions. It will let you enjoy dynamic support based on leg power and/or hear rate. I suggest that you download the BLEvo manual which will offer you a good insight in all the added values.

I must need to make one correction. I think Garmin will offer you navigation to a specific address too. BLEvo will not (yet) do that. This is depending on Paolo where we should understand BLEvo is his hobby. You can still buy a Garmin of course but I assume when you go riding you will bring a phone with you too. Even if your Garmin is on the handle bars and your phone with BLEvo running is in your pocket or backpack, you can enjoy the smart power functions.

If I may suggest, I would buy BLEvo for only €9,99 and then first test how you like it on your normal phone. If you like it, I would buy a cheap Android phone like the BV6000 and just use it as a display when riding. If you don't like it I would buy an expensive Garmin and then depending if you like to use the smart power functions of BLEvo or not, you may have lost €9,99 and @PaoloBLEvo will be happy that he can buy some excellent Belgium beers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles