Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
ok, ok, now i see! the .22 and .23 discussion was all about this. i am starting to catch on... so mine must have been updated from .22 or earlier to the dreaded .23 - an improvement on MC but some unpopular changes for skilled BLEvo users. sorry to waste your time pablo?

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
This is good!!
so... I'm going to guess here. If my battery firmware is listed in the MC app as 2.23.1 - the first number is the version of the actual battery. 2016 would be 1, 2017 would be 2, 2018 would be 3 and 2019 would be 4? then the firmware version which means mine would be 23.1 ya?

Glen

Nov 19, 2018
New Zealand
For now no, because I saw that they are not for free.. I'm trying to add the OpenStreetMap. The 4umaps.eu map seems to be good for mtb.
Thanks. Just asking as they show, at least for New Zealand, the available trails making planing a day easy, especially if I get off track.
Love the app. I particularly like being able to put in fine tuning instead of 5,10,15 etc. Cheers

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
so... I'm going to guess here. If my battery firmware is listed in the MC app as 2.23.1 - the first number is the version of the actual battery. 2016 would be 1, 2017 would be 2, 2018 would be 3 and 2019 would be 4? then the firmware version which means mine would be 23.1 ya?
No.. the first number is the version of the battery.. 460, 504, 500, 700 wh..
It depends of the bike version..
For Levo 2019, there is 0.3.1 is the 500wh, 700wh is the 2.3.1..

2manytickets

Dec 7, 2018
California
Yesterday I sent a new version (3.2.1) to Apple Store.
I hope before the end of the day it will be available for everyone.
The new version should handle better the Bluetooth connection.
Sorry for the late response but I wanted to follow up with the problem I was having. The app was not connecting with the bike. I let Paolo know and he was quick to put out a new version for ISO. I updated the app and everything worked out great. Now time to see what the app can do. Thanks for the help Paolo. ??

Vstrom650

Dec 29, 2018
Czech Republic
Hello, own Levo 2017, 460 Wh battery. The engine software version is 4.0.255 and battery 4.9.255. It is good to have a new firmware uploaded or rather to leave the original firmware? I do not want to hurt you. Thank you. I apologize for English (translator).
I used Blevo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello, own Levo 2017, 460 Wh battery. The engine software version is 4.0.255 and battery 4.9.255. It is good to have a new firmware uploaded or rather to leave the original firmware? I do not want to hurt you. Thank you. I apologize for English (translator).
I used Blevo.
The 4.9 is very old firmware but it is good.
In the middle there are the x.18, x.22 and the latest x.23..
I think if you want to use the latest mission control, you need the latest firmware.
BLEvo is compatible with allthe the firmware..

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
Just tried out BLEvo for the first time this evening around the block. The app works great but when I tried to upload the data to strava it just comes out as a text file. Do I need to run strava as well and upload the text file or can it produce a strava map and data like just running it through Strava? Sorry if this has been covered already I did try a search with no luck and this thread is now 37 pages long so will take some time to go through it all. Looking forward to using Blevo properly on my next ride.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Just tried out BLEvo for the first time this evening around the block. The app works great but when I tried to upload the data to strava it just comes out as a text file. Do I need to run strava as well and upload the text file or can it produce a strava map and data like just running it through Strava? Sorry if this has been covered already I did try a search with no luck and this thread is now 37 pages long so will take some time to go through it all. Looking forward to using Blevo properly on my next ride.
Hi Matt,

Within the Strava webpage you should be able to import the tcx file which you are able to export from BLEvo after you end your tour.

Vstrom650

Dec 29, 2018
Czech Republic
The 4.9 is very old firmware but it is good.
In the middle there are the x.18, x.22 and the latest x.23..
I think if you want to use the latest mission control, you need the latest firmware.
BLEvo is compatible with allthe the firmware..
Yes, the current Mission Control does not work with the unit.
So I recommend using new software? I use Blevo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo,
In the newest version of BLEvo (ios) when voice messages are turned on, after the first message, music (for example Spotify) stops playing.
I tested the voice with a podcast player, and the podcast continues after voice messages.. I will check with Spotify.

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
The music also stops playing every time you open the app and it was closed on the background (so you get to the starting screen).
Also with Apple Podcasts.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The new version 3.3.0 of BLEvo for Android will soon be available online with the new map functionality. I will soon make a video to explain in detail all the added features. For the moment, play a bit and let me know what you think.

Here is the complete list of news:
- Added maps in the bike monitor
- Added the ability to add more GPX on the map
- Adding offline map management
- Bugfix: Restore the connection status in the bike monitor

I remind you that the maps can be imported with the following ways:
- saving the GPX in the BLEvo / GPX folder
- connecting the phone to the computer and putting the GPX in the BLEvo / GPX folder
- from an attachment of an email choosing BLEvo as an application for the GPX

I am attaching a bit 'of screenshots.

Screenshot_20181230-154401.png
Screenshot_20181230-154643.png
Screenshot_20181230-154819.png
Screenshot_20181230-154901.png

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
The new version 3.3.0 of BLEvo for Android will soon be available online with the new map functionality. I will soon make a video to explain in detail all the added features. For the moment, play a bit and let me know what you think.

Here is the complete list of news:
- Added maps in the bike monitor
- Added the ability to add more GPX on the map
- Adding offline map management
- Bugfix: Restore the connection status in the bike monitor

I remind you that the maps can be imported with the following ways:
- saving the GPX in the BLEvo / GPX folder
- connecting the phone to the computer and putting the GPX in the BLEvo / GPX folder
- from an attachment of an email choosing BLEvo as an application for the GPX

I am attaching a bit 'of screenshots.

View attachment 9199 View attachment 9200 View attachment 9201 View attachment 9202
Cool, do you plan an iOS release as well?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK

When you finish your ride on BLEvo, hit the “Send TCX” button and email the file to yourself. Save it locally and upload via Strava - at least that’s how I do it... No need to run Stava when riding. Hope this helps but shout if there are any gaps?

Good luck

EDIT: Sorry, just seen the earlier reply!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
When you finish your ride on BLEvo, hit the “Send TCX” button and email the file to yourself. Save it locally and upload via Strava - at least that’s how I do it... No need to run Stava when riding. Hope this helps but shout if there are any gaps?

Good luck
In the next version you could connect the iPhone via iTunes and then download the TCX via file sharing..
This will be useful also for upload the GPX tracks on the iPhone..

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
I would like a cost affective heart rate monitor rather than using my apple watch. To be honest have a habit of coming of and can see the watch getting damaged so a chest mounted monitor would be great. I am only looking to keep an eye on my own progress so cheep and reliable would be good. What are people recommending please?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I would like a cost affective heart rate monitor rather than using my apple watch. To be honest have a habit of coming of and can see the watch getting damaged so a chest mounted monitor would be great. I am only looking to keep an eye on my own progress so cheep and reliable would be good. What are people recommending please?

Dear Matt,

Maybe my earlier post can help you as well:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
So I’ve had my brand new 2019 Turbo Levo out for 2 rides now. 1st ride, no Blevo, 2nd ride Blevoed! Best 9 dollars I’ve ever spent.

I have a couple of questions about getting the most out of my motor though. We were climbing very steep single track, at close to the limit of what I think will be possible. My friend has 2019 Giant with 27.5 wheels. Clearly the Levo is 29. He seemed to be able to climb steeps much easier with his bike. When it was a more moderate grade we were about even. On flats my bike was clearly faster. On non ebikes we are about equal.

1. Are there settings we can change that will improve the climbing power of the motor? Do you think it is a function of wheel size? I think with practice I can improve my technique, but the difference in the bikes “potential” to climb was clear.

Also, I noticed it was much easier to get started again on steep grades on his Giant bike. Several times I just couldn’t on the Levo, and had to hike up to get to a flatter section before I could get going again. These were very steep sections of trail but again the difference here was clear. His motor seemed to have more immediate support and less tendency to abruptly shut off when the pedaling slowed.

2. Can we tune how quickly the motor gives support and provide a more gradual taper off of that support?

It’s not all bad news for the Levo owners though. The 700Whr battery was the clear winner at the end of the day as I could have managed another full climb and his battery was dead.

The very steep section I’m talking about was the shorter 2nd peak.

C459BA35-A22D-4265-8847-78E3C263EA00.png

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
So I’ve had my brand new 2019 Turbo Levo out for 2 rides now. 1st ride, no Blevo, 2nd ride Blevoed! Best 9 dollars I’ve ever spent.

I have a couple of questions about getting the most out of my motor though. We were climbing very steep single track, at close to the limit of what I think will be possible. My friend has 2019 Giant with 27.5 wheels. Clearly the Levo is 29. He seemed to be able to climb steeps much easier with his bike. When it was a more moderate grade we were about even. On flats my bike was clearly faster. On non ebikes we are about equal.

1. Are there settings we can change that will improve the climbing power of the motor? Do you think it is a function of wheel size? I think with practice I can improve my technique, but the difference in the bikes “potential” to climb was clear.

Also, I noticed it was much easier to get started again on steep grades on his Giant bike. Several times I just couldn’t on the Levo, and had to hike up to get to a flatter section before I could get going again. These were very steep sections of trail but again the difference here was clear. His motor seemed to have more immediate support and less tendency to abruptly shut off when the pedaling slowed.

2. Can we tune how quickly the motor gives support and provide a more gradual taper off of that support?

It’s not all bad news for the Levo owners though. The 700Whr battery was the clear winner at the end of the day as I could have managed another full climb and his battery was dead.

The very steep section I’m talking about was the shorter 2nd peak.

View attachment 9226
I managed to get going yesterday on a steep muddy climb by fully dropping the seat down using the dropper post, it seemed to help me get more weight over the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles