Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It sounds like if motor is 6.1.0 and TCU version is 1.011 (confirmed with ligtblue) then it cannot be changed yet.

This is what my 2019 Levo unfortunately is. Hopefully they’ll be a fix soon....
Sorry, but what you mean with "they"?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Can someone clarify if the Levo 2019 model can now be derestricted?

It sounds like if motor is 6.1.0 and TCU version is 1.011 (confirmed with ligtblue) then it cannot be changed yet.

This is what my 2019 Levo unfortunately is. Hopefully they’ll be a fix soon....
How do you find out the TCU? Looked on light blue and can't see anything that matches that.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.0.4 of BLEvo for Android.
The version of the TCU can now be checked in the battery monitor. From the various tests done, it seems that if the version of the TCU is 2.019 (for the Levo 2019) the wheel circumference is modifiable. Instead if the version is 2.025, the wheel circumference is NOT changeable. The "old" Levo / Kenevo will present the TCU version V1.7.0.

Here are the news:
- The default wheel size is 2300 for the Levo 2019
- Fixed the Wh of the battery on 2019 (added a factor of 0.9)
- Added the possibility of not disabling the keys when the screen is located (for those holding the phone on the handlebar)
- Added reading of the TCU version

Screenshot_20181101-120139.png

Download the update from Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Enjoy your ride

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
That's cool. But I want to check it works via light blue before purchasing the app.

I can't find TCU under any of the options in light blue.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
its the software version, I would say your bike is modifiable

Midie

Nov 1, 2018
Aachen
Hi there, next week, I‘ll get my Turbo Levo 2018 with the new Turbo Connect Display. I have just bought Blevo for my iPhone (xs). Now I‘m thinking if the combination TCD and Blevo is ideal. What Do you think? Is it better to mount the iPhone on the Levo bar and use Blevo as a Display?

And is there a good Mount for the iPhone which you can recommend?

Last edited:

Matt00

Sep 30, 2018
Worcestershire
Hi Paolo

My 2019 Levo is:

Motor 6.1.0
Firmware revision 1.011
Software revision 2.025

The speed adjust slider works but when bike is reset, returns to it original position so does not work.

You mentioned wheel size which defaults at 2255 (I’m on iOS)

I understand that the speed adjust will not work at this time.

Are you saying that the wheel size can still be changed to ultimately over ride the speed restriction i.e. pretend the wheels are smaller?

Thanks

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Ok, I've bought the app.
.... and... are you able to change the speed limit?
Yes. Changed the kph up to 50. Restarted the bike, set off along the road. It didn't stop at 25.

Reset back down to 25 and restarted bike.

So is that all you need to do to keep it derestricted?

Is it traceable?

Do you need to have the app running for it to take effect? Because I don't have a mount and I'm not interested in all the data, speed etc.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Maybe I'm too paranoid but I would immediately delete the original Specialized Mission control from your phone as I'm suspicious that they are logging loads of stuff from your bike even if the app is turned off. Specialized have in another thread described(same concept as Tesla) how they are able to interact, via the app, with your software installed on your bike behind your back. That is if you want to keep your warranty safe ;)

I'm also a BLevo user and whatever you can do in MC, you can do so much better in BLevo anyway. Also, don't update any bike firmware/software in the future as you could loose important functions in BLevo.

Karsten

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yes. Changed the kph up to 50. Restarted the bike, set off along the road. It didn't stop at 25.

Is it traceable?

Do you need to have the app running for it to take effect? Because I don't have a mount and I'm not interested in all the data, speed etc.
No, you don't to keep the App up and running if you don't want to use smart power..
Enjoy with your unlocked bike..

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
No, you don't to keep the App up and running if you don't want to use smart power..
Enjoy with your unlocked bike..
But before every ride, you have to start the app and pair it with the bike, so that all the settings take effect?

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
What would you recommend when receiving new bike?
Register and set up everything with mission control fisrt and then use BLevo or skip everything and just set up everything with BLevo? :unsure:

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’ve hacked my bike using light blue. Will this affect BLEvo as it’s still recognised the wheel size as 2250 but mission control sees it as 700mm..

If so does anyone know the Hex code to put my bike back to standard size to just use blevo? Cheers. Jon

Boots3150

Sep 24, 2018
Melbourne

Is it traceable?

Was this acheived on your 2019 Levo?
I have tried running this app on IOS 12 and apart from scroll wheels spinning out of control and not sticking and messages displaying over other messages, it simply failed to save any change in the Max Speed beyond 25km/h.
I have not seen an app update come through that may have remedied these issues.

Any tricks or tips would be appreciated. Is there a video anywhere of someone successfully using this app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles