Status
Not open for further replies.

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
OK... I'm in ECO mode. Leg Power is 225w and % of assistance is 10%... I should get 22.5w of battery boost but I'm actually getting 46w! (Double)... Earlier in the ride I would always get within the range of assistance 1 to 10% but as soon as I switch modes ECO to TRAIL and then back to ECO weird things start to happen and I get twice as much boost as requested.... I hope this helps... I'm sure I'm the only one that has this problem!

Blevo as far as I know is calculating power by multiplying V*I from the main battery (that means if you have an extender, the results is not correct unless you tell it that you have one), and so this is not the power from the motor but the power absorbed, you should calculate the loss for the efficiency of the motor, the power factor, the drive loss thru the chain to have the power at the pedal (mechanical).
But anyway, let's simplify a lot, and let's say Blevo shows the mechanical power.
Since 100% in the Levo 2019 means 320% proportional, if your leg power is 225W the assistance should be (indicatively): 225*3.2*0.1=72W not 22.5W, the answer is probably in the middle...

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.5.10 of BLEvo for iOS.
These are the news:
- Now in the map view, you can view cadence and speed without dedicating 2 specific fields
- Now the background color of the assistance percentage changes according to the level of assistance set, in order to have an extra field available
- Now the background of the engine and battery temperature are colored according to the value
- Added remote control commands to increase and decrease the Smart HR reference BPM
- Added voice message for high heart rate (10% above the threshold set in the Smart HR)
- Bugfix time display on map

Speed and cadence.png

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Unfortunately the math isn't that simple. Per Specialized, 100% support doesn't mean motor output is equal to your output. Depending on the motor it's about 3-4 times you. Read all about it:
And to make it even harder to compare biker vs motor, note the ending caveat regarding the displayed motor power is electrical consumption, not actual power output. Most likely Blevo is showing the same. Bottom line, Specialized is going for how it "feels" when they calibrated the support percentages. You can put away the calculator now :).
Hi Jeff... The problem is: in the beginning of a ride in ECO mode I constantly get between 1 and 10% (Set % of assistance) of my Leg Power which is set to 200w.... (Just what I asked BLEvo to do). This will last for hours until I change modes ie. TRAIL that is set between 10 to 30% assistance... As soon as I do this I get double to triple of the set Assistance! (Not what I wanted BLEvo to do) Then I go back to ECO and I continue to get double of the set amount... How do you account for this? I never had this problem before...

Venlo

Jul 2, 2019
Venlo The Netherlands
Hi there, I've just downloaded Blevo (ios) and it seems to work like a charm. I plan on using it on the alps in about 3 weeks. Can I use offline maps in Blevo ios? I've searched but can only find a way to do it in android. I can see the option in bike monitor to download for offline use but where is this map stored? After closing blevo and restarting, the map I've downloaded is not visible anymore. Kind regards

Hamiainen

May 19, 2020
Finland
I use the openandroidmaps.. It is strange that it is not working..
I will try to do some test...
Did you have chance to test the map from https://kartat-dl.hylly.org/2020-05-30/mtk_suomi.map?

I'm guessing that the problem could be related to map theme. In BLEvo app I have to select map theme, but I think that mtk_suomi.map does not support any of those themes. In that site there is own theme for that topo map https://kartat-dl.hylly.org/2020-05-30/peruskartta.zip.

Last edited:

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
Minor observation: If I have music on, the announcements from BLEvo don’t stop the music. But when listening to Audible, the playback stops completely after BLEvo announcements. There is no setting in Audible but this might be well on their side.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Hi Jeff... The problem is: in the beginning of a ride in ECO mode I constantly get between 1 and 10% (Set % of assistance) of my Leg Power which is set to 200w.... (Just what I asked BLEvo to do). This will last for hours until I change modes ie. TRAIL that is set between 10 to 30% assistance... As soon as I do this I get double to triple of the set Assistance! (Not what I wanted BLEvo to do) Then I go back to ECO and I continue to get double of the set amount... How do you account for this? I never had this problem before...
I hear what you’re saying. On your Creo, the motor power seems to truly be the % of biker power, at least initially, then jumps to twice as much when you switch away and back to the same mode in Blevo. Sometimes Blevo takes a bit to react to the mode change for the algorithm to adjust. Re-reading your initial post it sounds like you’re giving it enough time so that doesn’t seem to be it.

Maybe Creo tuning is closer to 1:1 vs 4:1 Levo and there’s a Blevo bug specific to Creo when the mode is switched? Just speculation. Paolo would need to look into this but as you’ve seen, there’s a bit of a language barrier.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Very strange issue.. never heard before.. your "before" is referred to which "before"?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi there, I've just downloaded Blevo (ios) and it seems to work like a charm. I plan on using it on the alps in about 3 weeks. Can I use offline maps in Blevo ios? I've searched but can only find a way to do it in android. I can see the option in bike monitor to download for offline use but where is this map stored? After closing blevo and restarting, the map I've downloaded is not visible anymore. Kind regards
Yes you can use offline map. Try to go in the GPX menu e select the area you want and download the map with the download button..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Minor observation: If I have music on, the announcements from BLEvo don’t stop the music. But when listening to Audible, the playback stops completely after BLEvo announcements. There is no setting in Audible but this might be well on their side.
ios or Android?

Gawain

May 7, 2020
Spain
I have just released version 3.5.10 of BLEvo for iOS.
These are the news:
- Now in the map view, you can view cadence and speed without dedicating 2 specific fields
- Now the background color of the assistance percentage changes according to the level of assistance set, in order to have an extra field available
- Now the background of the engine and battery temperature are colored according to the value
- Added remote control commands to increase and decrease the Smart HR reference BPM
- Added voice message for high heart rate (10% above the threshold set in the Smart HR)
- Bugfix time display on map

View attachment 33280

Thanks Paolo!
I will download it.
Just one question, which HR devices can I use with an iPhone?

I have read the list you published on Blevo forum but I have doubts if those devices can be used as well with iPhone (no +ANT)

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
The limit is due to the bike. You cannot have ECO greater than TRAIL and TRAIL greater than TURBO. So you have to think the configuration with this "limitation"

OK, thanks

What you mean with assistance limit? Remove the assistance if you go over 25km/h? I think you are the first that want to add a speed limitation. :p

Yes, I'd quite like to be able to set a speed limit on my eco mode. I ride trails all the time in Trail, occasionally hopping out to turbo. It would be good to have a "road" mode.

These are specified in the user manual

I add in the wish list

Ok, thanks

Could you share a screen shot?

See attached. It would be good if the map control could be resized to fit in the lower half of the acreen.

Btw, I love the app, I never use mission control now :p

Thanks

20200614140908.jpg

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Any reason why Blevo won't work with my Creo anymore? It finds the serial number, when I click connect, it won't connect. After a few tries I typically give up and use Mission Control app. Blevo still works with my Levo no problem.

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Any reason why Blevo won't work with my Creo anymore? It finds the serial number, when I click connect, it won't connect. After a few tries I typically give up and use Mission Control app. Blevo still works with my Levo no problem.
Could be a similar reason as why it won't work quite right with my Vado: it was designed for the eMTBs, and even though the other e-bikes are similar, the details are different. Paolo might have to do a lot of work to support bikes that he doesn't personally have access to.

Pelt

Feb 5, 2019
Pelt Belgium
Hello Paolo,
I have problems with the installation of the remote control .
scanning of the remote it worked but the command "save remote control device" fails.
I get stuck in this screen
how can I solve this
My phone is a rugged rg 655
Remote control OSY-12

foto instellem remote controle.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks Paolo!
I will download it.
Just one question, which HR devices can I use with an iPhone?

I have read the list you published on Blevo forum but I have doubts if those devices can be used as well with iPhone (no +ANT)
I think all the heart belt Bluetooth 4.0 can be used..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Try to remove the pairing with the bike and re-add it..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello Paolo,
I have problems with the installation of the remote control .
scanning of the remote it worked but the command "save remote control device" fails.
I get stuck in this screen
how can I solve this
My phone is a rugged rg 655
Remote control OSY-12

View attachment 33660
When you are in this screen, if you press a button on remote control, nothing happens?

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Could be a similar reason as why it won't work quite right with my Vado: it was designed for the eMTBs, and even though the other e-bikes are similar, the details are different. Paolo might have to do a lot of work to support bikes that he doesn't personally have access to.

Worked great for several months then a few updates ago it stopped working with the Creo. Also lost the 28mph allowed max in USA so now with Blevo it's only 15 MPH.

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Very strange issue.. never heard before.. your "before" is referred to which "before"?
Hi Paolo... If you remember, I'm the one who was having problems with loosing connection and all power even though BLEvo said that I was connected to the bike and my Creo was responding like it was connected... Now I have a slightly different twist to the same problem? Instead of loosing power it seems like BLEvo gets stuck in the TRAIL mode as soon as I switch from ECO to TRAIL and back to ECO... ECO is set to 10%, TRAIL is set to 25% and when I go back to ECO I get 25% boost and I continue to get power when I'm below my set Leg Power!! This is a new glitch and has not happened "Before"... I'm getting a new phone in the near future I'll let you know if that helps! Dexter

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
Hi. I see that I had my display showing Cadence Ø but the cadence is always lower than what I am expecting to see. Is this the average Cadence and I should be showing Cadence (RPM)?

Thanks in advance.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Worked great for several months then a few updates ago it stopped working with the Creo. Also lost the 28mph allowed max in USA so now with Blevo it's only 15 MPH.
I don't think BLEvo can decrease the max speed limit..
In the bike setup is only a fake information because the US limit is not handled correctly..

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
I don't think BLEvo can decrease the max speed limit..
In the bike setup is only a fake information because the US limit is not handled correctly..
[/QUOTE

When Blevo opens up on the Creo it says 15. I try to raise it to 28 and it will revert back to 15 once you start pedaling. It will mever stay at 28 anymore unless I use Mission Control instead of Blevo.

Swiss_Rider

Jun 22, 2020
Switzerland
Hi, I just bought a levo 2020 comp in Switzerland (TCU 3.038 , 26B and firmware 2.4.4.i guess the most recent ones ), 120 km ridden, and I d really like to have the advice of this highly competent forum on MC and BLEVO.
I struggle with both . MC does not currently even pair with the Apple Watch (Blevo does it, not well enough but it does ) and that s simply ridiculous for an ebike of that price (and a rather amateurish UI - not a compliment unfortunately, a laughing stock just like many automotive apps like Merc or Porsche - demonstrates that app development is not a side hobby or should not be...). Blevo is a noble individual effort and seems to do a lot more ( though it does not even have a UI to speak of) yet, as a beginner, it appears to me to be failing on various levels:
- the main dashboard kinda Often freezes between modes (eco, trail , turbo) until the user manually switches from one to the other. until then the levels of assistance appear to be somehow unresponsive to The changes in HR, and often random
- it pairs with the Apple Watch and occasionally loses the heart rate tracking (that s normal) but unlike Strava and other fitness app that quickly reconnect and show the right HR soon after, Blevo takes a lot longer to do it. one can see the HR reappearing on the fitness app while blevo is blind (Is it waiting for the fitness app to read from health kit? Why can’t blevo read straight from health kit?) This makes smart HR hardly usable.
- using only smart HR (not smart power) and a threshold of e.g. 130 bpm +- 3. with the highest responsiveness Setting, blevo is anyway super slow to increase assistance . E.g. with eco at 4% (range 1% to 79% in configuration) and HR quickly jumping to 140 on a hill climb, blevo Slowly makes progressive adjustments in 3% increments Which are nowhere near enough to keep the HR under control...Instead of quickly ramping up the assistance, which is then needed by changing mode (eg eco to trail)

thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles