Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

May 31, 2018
Fleet
@PaoloBLEvo I think I found a workaround for Apple Watch HR issue. I messaged you on Facebook, but it won’t hurt if I put a post here as well.

Basically Apple Watch HR works like a charm with you app, all you have to do is start a Workout on your Apple Watch. It’s because power saving that Apple Watch is not updating HR all the time, it’s like measuring it from time to time. That might be a reason why it has a hissy fit with your app, as you app wants updates in real time. While in workout mode Apple Watch acts like you want it to so updates HR constantly, and therefore works with BLEvo as intended.

Hope it helps :D Cheers.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Hi @PaoloBLEvo

I have used Your app for a long with great pleasure (y)

Today I got an error when trying to upload to Strava via Blevo (android)

It seems like a problem with my password for Strava
But I can't find where to input the data in Blevo.
Are You able to help me :)
Strava.jpg

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo

I have used Your app for a long with great pleasure (y)

Today I got an error when trying to upload to Strava via Blevo (android)

It seems like a problem with my password for Strava
But I can't find where to input the data in Blevo.
Are You able to help me :)
View attachment 20686
Sorry, could you explain what you did?
Could you try to change the password in Strava and try to redo the authentication in BLEvo?

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Hi... got the App the other day went to try it today, turned bike on went into the app and the only button that works is "scan for bike/HRM/RC" so i pressed it and i get a warning, bluetooth is off..... its not off tho bluetooth on and bike is on what am i doing wrong?

thanks

RobertD

Jan 21, 2019
Weston-super-Mare
Hi... got the App the other day went to try it today, turned bike on went into the app and the only button that works is "scan for bike/HRM/RC" so i pressed it and i get a warning, bluetooth is off..... its not off tho bluetooth on and bike is on what am i doing wrong?

thanks

Hi, my friend John had exactly this problem. This weekend we found out what was wrong. It was very simple, he is using an iphone. In settings the global bluetooth can be switched on, however you then need to go into the Apps section in the setting menu and turn BLEvo's individual bluetooth on. My friend had, to save battery, turned all of his Apps individual blutooth's off. So even though the global bluetooth was on BLEvo's bluetooth was off! All works as it should now. Thanks also to those who had offered me solutions.
Robert.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Hi, my friend John had exactly this problem. This weekend we found out what was wrong. It was very simple, he is using an iphone. In settings the global bluetooth can be switched on, however you then need to go into the Apps section in the setting menu and turn BLEvo's individual bluetooth on. My friend had, to save battery, turned all of his Apps individual blutooth's off. So even though the global bluetooth was on BLEvo's bluetooth was off! All works as it should now. Thanks also to those who had offered me solutions.
Robert.
thanks, found it..... will try it again when I get home ?

wozzel

Oct 25, 2019
Germany
Not necessarily a BLEVO topic, but I wonder if it is known in this thread how to change the wheel circumference of a 2019 LEVO with the help of a 2018 Levo battery.

I found the following instructions in a German forum and interestingly enough it is referred to this thread. However, I found nothing here and would like to know where the instruction "How to change the wheel circumference on the Levo 2019" actually comes from.

Thanks

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Not necessarily a BLEVO topic, but I wonder if it is known in this thread how to change the wheel circumference of a 2019 LEVO with the help of a 2018 Levo battery.

I found the following instructions in a German forum and interestingly enough it is referred to this thread. However, I found nothing here and would like to know where the instruction "How to change the wheel circumference on the Levo 2019" actually comes from.

Thanks

Hi,

I have seen this document some while ago too. I never tried it myself but it should work as other riders confirmed it works. However the minimum value accepted by the TCU is 2000mm which results in a theoretical max. speed of 28,8km/h. In case you don't have a 2018 battery than you could also ask your LBS to adjust the setting to 2000mm via the Specialized dealer portal.

P.S. It will result in a false speed and distance when using MC but with BLEvo you can compensate the speed and distance to real values in case you decide to keep the original 29'' wheels in the bike.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Would just like to read the experiences of other users so far.

What I understood is that the procedure works. However I never tried it myself. I just went to my LBS and asked them to change the setting to the minimum value of 2000mm via the official dealer portal. If you have access to a 2018 battery and your LBS is not near to you than it the procedure could be helpful to be able to adjust the setting.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi
Hi, I have searched the forum top to bottom, how exactly does smart power work?? Is it like mission controls smart control?, please explain like I'm 5 years old! Thanks in advance!
It is not like mission controls smart control, it is very different..
Please read the user manual as first step.
The Smart Power is: set your legs power as reference then BLEvo will set for you the correct assistance percentage to keep the same legs power. This means same effort for all the type of trail..

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
Please let us know if it works as I have a 2020 levo HT and want to up the max slightly, thanks

Sounds like specialized have lock down the derestricing with a new firmware update 2.025 &2.026
Please correct me if I'm wrong guys but it appears bikes with resent firmware can no longer have pedel assist above 25kmp via blevo app. Only way is putting some sort of mechanical trickery (magnets). ???

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
bikes with resent firmware can no longer have pedel assist above 25kmp via blevo app. Only way is putting some sort of mechanical trickery (magnets). ???

Specialized made it so that wheel circumference (=change in pedal assist speed) can't be changed on the fly through apps.
There are different kinds of derestrictions for newer firmware atm:
mechanical (planet3,...)
electronic (Levociraptor, peartune)
hybrid (badassbox)

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
Specialized made it so that wheel circumference (=change in pedal assist speed) can't be changed on the fly through apps.
There are different kinds of derestrictions for newer firmware atm:
mechanical (planet3,...)
electronic (Levociraptor, peartune)
hybrid (badassbox)

Thanks. I've been looking for solutions. However, I'm not sure I will need them. I will ride it for a while first then decide . Pick up my levo HT 2019 next weekend from Specialized. Bargain !

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles