Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Maastricht

Can you explain about the remote is it only for android phones? and can you use it on the fly like a shifter to have many multiple levels of assistance adding or subtracting assistance from the motor?
Does the remote help save battery?

There’s been often times where I’ve been riding my 2019 levo and sometimes I’ve had too much assistance in eco ,other times I’ve had not enough assistance in trail.
It would be nice to have more levels of adjustments ,than just Eco, Trail and Turbo while the bike is in motion and you’re on single track and don’t have time to take your hand off the bar to adjust from the phone.

thanks for your help

Hi Bigfoot,

Yes, you are right, you can use it on the fly and this is exactly what I am doing. However I ride with Smart Power so what I change is not the % of assistance but I change the leg threshold power via the remote. BLEvo then calculates the corresponding % of assistance while maintaining the leg power at the set threshold.

While doing this you have virtually an unlimited level of adjustments, don't need to take your hands of the bar to change settings and it's highly efficient! My last rides only consumed between 3 and 4 Wh/km where you need to know I don't live in area with high mountains but more in an area full of hills so everytime shorter climbs. When I get too tired I just decrease the smart power threshold via the remote to for example 200W where I usually start with 250W.

I shared screenshots of my settings a few weeks ago in this thread. You could try them to experience my setup and modify them to your preferences.

In case of any questions left, just let us know.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi Bigfoot,

Yes, you are right, you can use it on the fly and this is exactly what I am doing. However I ride with Smart Power so what I change is not the % of assistance but I change the leg threshold power via the remote. BLEvo then calculates the corresponding % of assistance while maintaining the leg power at the set threshold.

While doing this you have virtually an unlimited level of adjustments, don't need to take your hands of the bar to change settings and it's highly efficient! My last rides only consumed between 3 and 4 Wh/km where you need to know I don't live in area with high mountains but more in an area full of hills so everytime shorter climbs. When I get too tired I just decrease the smart power threshold via the remote to for example 200W where I usually start with 250W.

I shared screenshots of my settings a few weeks ago in this thread. You could try them to experience my setup and modify them to your preferences.

Thanks for the advice. I only received mine today & just returned from a ride trying basic 5% up & down increments in the 3 power modes. Having both Turbo controller & multiremote results in a slightly more crowded bike cockpit from the future but I think BLEvo is now more intuitive & controllable.

I haven't used Smart Power much but will definitely try the up down smart power threshold setup. Sounds very efficient.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks for the advice. I only received mine today & just returned from a ride trying basic 5% up & down increments in the 3 power modes. Having both Turbo controller & multiremote results in a slightly more crowded bike cockpit from the future but I think BLEvo is now more intuitive & controllable.

I haven't used Smart Power much but will definitely try the up down smart power threshold setup. Sounds very efficient.

No thanks! May I ask you what you meant with the "Turbo controller"? The official Specialized turbo connect display perhaps?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
No thanks! May I ask you what you meant with the "Turbo controller"? The official Specialized turbo connect display perhaps?
Sorry I meant the standard Specialized Handlebar Remote - with multiremote, AXS Controller, BV6000 etc, it's definitely tech overload - in a good way.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi Bigfoot,

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi Bigfoot,

Hi Maastricht
Which iPhone are you running and do you prefer the android version of Blevo?
Or should I say which phone do you prefer to run on the handlebars ?
my iPhone X is getting old and the camera stabilization started acting up, I upgraded to iOS 13 and and the camera stop shaking.
I wasn’t sure if it was from running the phone on my handlebars.

What version of remote should I order I seem to remember reading a post there was a couple versions?

I’ve run smart power, and I’ve also run smart heart rate and smart power together, do you use both?

Also with the remote is it possible to have like six or nine levels of predefined assistance levels ?
opposed to the left hand button from specialized that just has Eco, Trail and Turbo?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Maastricht
Which iPhone are you running and do you prefer the android version of Blevo?
Or should I say which phone do you prefer to run on the handlebars ?
my iPhone X is getting old and the camera stabilization started acting up, I upgraded to iOS 13 and and the camera stop shaking.
I wasn’t sure if it was from running the phone on my handlebars.

What version of remote should I order I seem to remember reading a post there was a couple versions?

I’ve run smart power, and I’ve also run smart heart rate and smart power together, do you use both?

Also with the remote is it possible to have like six or nine levels of predefined assistance levels ?
opposed to the left hand button from specialized that just has Eco, Trail and Turbo?

Hi Bigfoot,

I tried BLEvo first on a iPhone 6 (but now have an iPhone 8 for daily usage) however the battery is not sufficient, at least in my case, to run continuous screen for a long time. Next to that it wasn't waterproof so I bought an android phone (BV6000) as per Paolo's recommendation. The phone is waterproof, cheap, very robust and yes, it's more heavy too due to the larger battery. I didn't insert a simcard and ride with offline maps which are great too.

When returning at home, I sync my rides via wifi to Strava.

I think you need to read the BLEvo manual too. You can find it here:
Instruction manual in english
The manual also contains the link to buy the remote.

I started with using Smart HR and Smart Power together. However at one moment I forgot my HR belt once and then only used Smart Power during that ride. I must say that afterwards I came to the conclusion that just running Smart Power alone is fine and more predictable in the assistance response. On the other hand I am still young and luckily not a cardio patient so might use Smart HR in future time too.

With the remote you will still keep the three levels of support (eco, trail and turbo) but you will be able to adjust the % of assistance during the ride by pushing the buttons on the remote which you configure once according to your preferences. Again, personally, I like to ride with Smart Power in Eco or Trail where BLEvo calculates the correct assistance % based on the selected leg power threshold (via the remote) and the bandwith of the smart power assistance. Check my previous screenshots to understand how this works. From my experience you will not need 6 or 9 predefined settings as BLEvo will do that automatically for you.

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
Hi Bigfoot,

I tried BLEvo first on a iPhone 6 (but now have an iPhone 8 for daily usage) however the battery is not sufficient, at least in my case, to run continuous screen for a long time. Next to that it wasn't waterproof so I bought an android phone (BV6000) as per Paolo's recommendation. The phone is waterproof, cheap, very robust and yes, it's more heavy too due to the larger battery. I didn't insert a simcard and ride with offline maps which are great too.

When returning at home, I sync my rides via wifi to Strava.

The manual also contains the link to buy the remote.

I started with using Smart HR and Smart Power together. However at one moment I forgot my HR belt once and then only used Smart Power during that ride. I must say that afterwards I came to the conclusion that just running Smart Power alone is fine and more predictable in the assistance response. On the other hand I am still young and luckily not a cardio patient so might use Smart HR in future time too.

With the remote you will still keep the three levels of support (eco, trail and turbo) but you will be able to adjust the % of assistance during the ride by pushing the buttons on the remote which you configure once according to your preferences. Again, personally, I like to ride with Smart Power in Eco or Trail where BLEvo calculates the correct assistance % based on the selected leg power threshold (via the remote) and the bandwith of the smart power assistance. Check my previous screenshots to understand how this works. From my experience you will not need 6 or 9 predefined settings as BLEvo will do that automatically for you.

Thanks
I saw your post number 2741 very informative I’ll have to study that after work today?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I like to ride with Smart Power in Eco or Trail where BLEvo calculates the correct assistance % based on the selected leg power threshold (via the remote) and the bandwith of the smart power assistance.
With the multiremote that setup works very nicely.

I've tried some granular variations such as reducing deceleration delay - seems like it could be a solution to the often mentioned power level overshoot without necessarily reducing Peak Power i.e. when you stop pedalling, power is still applied for a short period at the higher power levels.

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I noticed that that's for Android v.3.3.4 but I think the latest is v.3.5.6 and there seems to be additional features. Are there any updated manuals?

Also noticed the Smart Power Help button provides improved translation phraseology.

Not sure but I think this is from the website or forum & is also very helpful.

Attachments

• Smart Power ENG.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 618

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I noticed that that's for Android v.3.3.4 but I think the latest is v.3.5.6 and there seems to be additional features. Are there any updated manuals?

Also noticed the Smart Power Help button provides improved translation phraseology.

Not sure but I think this is from the website or forum & is also very helpful.

The link which I shared before:
contains the latest manuals.

You are right, there are some new features which need to be added to the manual too. As BLEvo started as a hobby project that got somehow out of control ;) it can take a while before the manuals will be updated again. However I think most of the key functions are explained. If not, then just ask for support here on the forum.

I know the specific smart power manual, according to my opinion, most of it is covered in the manual too. Until today I used all the recommended smart power fine tune parameters. I only found it very important to set smart power eco at min 1% until max... and smart power trail at min 2% until max... By doing so you will enjoy almost two different ranges of assistance which are linked to your desired smart power assistance % range which result in maximum battery efficiency. For me it doesn't make sense to for example set smart power trail at a min of 15% as you then constantly will ride with at least 15% assistance also at moments where it's not required.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Two things. One is that when reviewing a past ride by just looking at the log, Blevo exited on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.1.2 (or whatever is the latest as of today).

But, I am loving Blevo on iOS in general.

The other is that I devised a method to see which tires roll the best. I ride the same 7 mile course three times each with different types of tires, as fast as I can with hard pedaling at 100% assist. It really seems to show which tire has the least rolling resistance. But, I had an anomaly I could not explain - One of my Eddy Current rides was unusually efficient. I traced the problem to that being the only ride that started at 100% charge. So, I am pretty sure that the bike charges to MORE than 100%, and that is giving false consumption data. Not sure if Blevo can address this, or if it is a bike firmware issue to make people feel good about their battery.

Power Consumption Data
About crash, I will check..
About tires test, I think it is very important also the pressure of the tires.. I hope you kept the same pressure..
About the battery consumption I don't understand very well the issue.. you can check the data in the csv file..
Which isbyour TCU version?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Levo comp 2020, which connects fine to mission control.

Firmware etc not sure until i go out again i guess :(

Are you using the BLEvo Android or ios version? Do you close MC completely before opening BLEvo? Once you open BLEvo do you scan for the bike and it does not connect?

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Levo comp 2020, which connects fine to mission control.

Firmware etc not sure until i go out again i guess :(

Are you using the BLEvo Android or ios version? Do you close MC completely before opening BLEvo? Once you open BLEvo do you scan for the bike and it does not connect?
Android. I have mission control on my other phone, i turned bluetooth off (on it) before powering up.

Blevo finds the bike, but comes up with a pop saying trying to connect....but doesnt

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Android. I have mission control on my other phone, i turned bluetooth off (on it) before powering up.

Blevo finds the bike, but comes up with a pop saying trying to connect....but doesnt

I think the Levo 2019/2020 can only connect to one phone. Try to unpair/remove the bike from the phone where you made the initial connection with. Then try to run BLEvo and/or MC on the other phone. Big chance it will work but there can also be an issue with the TCU. So not only try to connect with BLEvo but try MC too on the other phone to exclude an issue with the TCU.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I know it's wrong but I tried Smart Turbo 100/100 today and all sorts of variations & settings. Finding subtleties without actually being certain. I turned Muscularity up to max & I felt even more masculine...whatever it was a blast.

The acceleration & deceleration delay in combination with progress low & high cadence definitely makes a considerable difference in terms of power curve in both directions & very worthwhile tweaking to understand the fine tunability.

Not religious so that's my confession.

Last edited:

RobertD

Jan 21, 2019
Weston-super-Mare
Hi my friend John has an Iphone his bike is 2017 Levo. Up untill Wednesday he had no connection isuues with BLEvo. His phone was upgraded from ios 13.1.1 to 13.1.2 and subsequently 13.13. He has not been able to connect to BLEvo since. I have been through all of the routines to try to get it to connect that have previously been discussed. When trying to connect BLEvo states 'Ble tooth not switched on'. I have checked this and it is. His phone is searchin for a blue tooth device but cannot find one. My phone is android and found his bike straight away. This indicates to me that it is a problem with the phone's upgrade. I have forced a restart on his phone but that made no difference. Has anyone got any suggestions (before you say it I know Android is better!!!) Thanks Robert.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi my friend John has an Iphone his bike is 2017 Levo. Up untill Wednesday he had no connection isuues with BLEvo. His phone was upgraded from ios 13.1.1 to 13.1.2 and subsequently 13.13. He has not been able to connect to BLEvo since. I have been through all of the routines to try to get it to connect that have previously been discussed. When trying to connect BLEvo states 'Ble tooth not switched on'. I have checked this and it is. His phone is searchin for a blue tooth device but cannot find one. My phone is android and found his bike straight away. This indicates to me that it is a problem with the phone's upgrade. I have forced a restart on his phone but that made no difference. Has anyone got any suggestions (before you say it I know Android is better!!!) Thanks Robert.
Back up then do a clean install not an upgrade of 13.1.3 would be my recommendation. Not certain but that should fix it.

iOS 13 Clean Install On iPhone: Here's How-To Guide On It

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Or try connect to the bike via Mission Control with your friends iPhone. Then you can exclude if the issue is related to the BLEvo app only. I am sure that would be very good to know for Paolo too.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Finally all the tests of version 3.6.0 of BLEvo for Android have been completed. I added 2 great news. Backup and restore data and rides list. Attached you can find a video that describes its operation (sorry it is in Italian.. maybe I will add the subtitles translated).
Here are all the news:

- Added data backup and restore management
- Added rides list page
- Added button to set the ride to follow
- Added the possibility of not keeping the screen active during the tour
- Added the possibility to have the map not centered
- Bugfix: Strava upload (now you can use special characters in the description)

Minor changes:
- Correct management of server response messages for Strava upload
- Strava privacy configuration removed
- Fixed GPX import with online tag
- Added GPX import control
- Removed MapBox map
- Added default values for the display
- Added button in bike monitor to copy the GPX to the MyRides folder
- Removed motor efficiency
- Added "Very Big" arrow size
- Now the zoom on the tour map is all the way
- Added cadence and bike power in TCX and GPX even if they are zero
- Optimized reading data from the Battery Monitor
- Added fullscreen button for displaying the tour map
- Now all the files associated with it are deleted along with the tour
- Bugfix: Smart Power did not decrease if cardio was enabled
- Bugfix: Add Waypoint could not be configured in remote command sequences

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Not sure if this should be a different thread.

Has anybody tried the Blevo App on a Turbo Creo? I just connected mine and seems to pair fine and work. Hopefully I'll get to test it out over the weekend.

And, if this works can one app be used to control two different bikes without reconfiguring for each bike every time? Does it associatet the saved Smart setting to a particular serial numbered bike?

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Not sure if this should be a different thread.

Has anybody tried the Blevo App on a Turbo Creo? I just connected mine and seems to pair fine and work. Hopefully I'll get to test it out over the weekend.

And, if this works can one app be used to control two different bikes without reconfiguring for each bike every time? Does it associatet the saved Smart setting to a particular serial numbered bike?
Really are you able to connect to Creo bike?!?! It was checked before unsuccessfully.. Maybe Specialized changed something in the connection procedure...
Let me know if you are able to change the settings or so on.. Could you send to me also the screenshot of the Battery Monitor?
Thanks.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Really are you able to connect to Creo bike?!?! It was checked before unsuccessfully.. Maybe Specialized changed something in the connection procedure...
Let me know if you are able to change the settings or so on.. Could you send to me also the screenshot of the Battery Monitor?
Thanks.
E53DB276-A5DD-4C4E-8E26-8CE6CF5DCB73.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles