The New Official BLEvo Thread

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have a Creo that I ride with the app. The Smart Assist is super nice. I am considering the range extender for my bike. How does the app handle them?
The App is able to detect the Specialized range extender showing the percentage of the extender and of the main battery...

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello, I have an iPhone 8 and an Apple Watch series 7. BLEvo is on the iPhone but the BLEvo app doesn’t appear on the Apple Watch. It also doesn’t show in the list of apps on the Watch app on the iPhone.
Does BLEvo work with Apple Watch series 7?

thanks
James
Sorry but BLEvo doesn't work with Apple Watch new series...

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
When BLEvo is disconnected from the Bike, the support is the latest set with the Smart HR. You can check on the CSV file. It should be logged.
But why BLEvo was disconnected?

No idea why it disconnected. My phone stays in jersey pocket, so I just noticed when I stopped that only the first two miles were recorded.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Hi,
First time poster here trying to get the lay of the land. I think I understand the situation in regards to 2022 models with the Master Mind TCU. BLEVO will not work with these models. I have a couple of questions about the possible workarounds being suggested please:

1 - Replace Master Mind TCU with basic TCU as suggested by Paolo. This sounds very promising but I don't see any ride reports confirming this is feasible. Has anyone actually tried this approach?

2 - Levocirapotor integration: I've read through the threads and do not fully understand the level of integration with Blevo? Are all of the Smart Power features fully functional with this solution?

Am I missing any other options? Thanks!!!

(I did post this in another thread which I think was the wrong place)

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Hi

With the latest version of Strava (Android app), we can now choose if it is an eMTB activity or a "normal" ebike ride.

I use BLEvo to automatically upload my activities to Strava and I don't have the choice to choose between an eMTB ride and a normal ebike ride. STRAVA records all my activities as eMTB rides. I use a Turbo CREO SL for my daily commute and I would like to have the choice in BLEVO to choose how to record the activity in Strava: eMTB or eRoad Bike.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Seb

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
Quick questions just to confirm. Looking at buying either a 2022 Gen 3 Comp Alloy or Comp Carbon. I had a 2022 Expert late last fall and sold it to try a different brand eMTB. Now I want to get back into a Levo. The one feature I really found useful on the Mastermind is the Micro-tune adjustment. I've read through the various BLEvo threads on here but am unclear for certain of these things:

1) BLEvo will work on Gen 3 Comp Alloy with non-Mastermind TCU?
2) BLEvo has a Micro-tune type feature?
3) BLEvo is able to change speed limiter on US-based bikes?

Thanks for any help. I know this info is probably here somewhere but I've been unable to find it all and I'm possibly purchasing today.

Last edited:

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
1. yes
2. yes i think i read something in the blevo manual..but you need a remote https://www.o-synce-shop.de/shop/en/remotes/108/multiremote-wireless-remote-control-for-smartphones
3. yes but only in combination with levociraptor v2

Thank you for responding. I was able to get BLEvo working but haven't used it on a ride yet. I always use a Garmin on all my bike rides, so I'm trying to figure out how I want to incorporate BLEvo. I love all the data it provides but I also don't want to lose the Garmin integration.

I ordered the remote and levociraptor and (unrelated) a bash guard. I'm in the US and all the items I had to order from overseas so I'm playing the waiting game now. Crazy how little aftermarket support there is here in the US for Levos but I think also just e-bikes in general.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I've been using BLEvo for a long time without any problems, but the other day it started crashing while trying to record a ride. I restarted it several times but it would not record the ride. So I deleted the app and re-installed it.

Today I was able to record my ride but I am getting an error when I try to upload to Strava:

Strava Upload Error
Error uploading activity in Strava. Error 1.2: (null)

I have tried "Remove authorization" and then "Add authorization" again, but I am still getting the same error.

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro iOS version 15.5 and BLEvo v3.7.9 iOS.

Please help!

Alan

Tigerruss

May 26, 2020
Oxon
Apple Watch HR and Blevo - Still not working - Can we resolve this once and for all and get definitive answers
I’ve been using Blevo for 3 years and have never managed to get the Apple Watch HR to work properly. I’ve read all the threads and most say its at best unreliable.
FYI, I’m an IT professional so generally know what I’m doing and I’ve now tested more than on 6 iPhones, all IOS versions, 3 or 4 Apple Watches, and have spent too many hours trying.
@Paolo -
1. Can you confirm that it should work reliably ?
2. Do you need to run a workout on the watch as I’ve found this does nothing
3. Are there any settings that should be set in the watch/iphone?

I’ve also tested with 2 dedicated BT HR monitor and they too have been unreliable although significantly better.

What happens is, as others have reported, that Blevo initially sees the Apple Watch and shows the correct HR but it then does not update. If you go for a long enough ride it may record a few times (about once every 30-45mins) . Al;so if you pause the ride or interrupt in other ways, when you start the ride again it often records HR once more. As we all have reported the iphone gets updates very second or two.

Hopefully Paolo or others can put this long standing issue to bed as its very much desired.

Bogo

Mar 5, 2021
Slovenia
App work fine nonstop (Android), until today. Now, it is crashing, freezing after few seconds of use. Already unistalled, fresh installed... problem still here.

2 days ago working normaly...

Please help.

Bogo

Mar 5, 2021
Slovenia
App work fine nonstop (Android), until today. Now, it is crashing, freezing after few seconds of use. Already unistalled, fresh installed... problem still here.

2 days ago working normaly...

Please help.
It seems it interfere with Samsumg buds. When I put buds near bike, problems started. When I put buds away, all workin fine...

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Tiny improvement suggestion.

If you ride with gpx route, default suggested name for the saved ride could be same as the name of the gpx file.

btw.
There is tiny bug. If you use custom tile server address and change some other settings, blevo will "forget" that you have used own map address. Maybe there is some trouble with config file and it won´t save "custom map" setting correctly.

.fit upload to strava won´t work if you have paused ride of turned bike off between the ride.

Aussie78

May 11, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Heath of your battery has degraded.

Yep, the BMS is doing Coulomb Counting, discharging/charging current is measured and integrated over time to calculate the amount of energy remaining inside the battery. The BMS compares theoretical to measured and returns the battery health number, starting at 100% and degrading from there as it’s used. What all manufacturers do is hide the Wh number from end users, as a nominal 500Wh pack showing as 425Wh’s after 100 charge cycles makes everyone unhappy.

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
Hi. I bought a new phone for my bike, an LG V60 and have Android 12 on it. I have installed BLEvo from new but now have the CSV file creation error (You need to enable CSV creation). I have given the app all the permissions it asked for. What should I do? Many thanks.

Andrew

Mar 25, 2022
UK
Does BLEvo derestrict the speed on a 2022 Comp Alloy? What’s the very last bike BLEvo can derestrict simply via the app with no external products required?

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
Does BLEvo derestrict the speed on a 2022 Comp Alloy? What’s the very last bike BLEvo can derestrict simply via the app with no external products required?

Fairly certain you need Levociraptor with any 2022 but BLEvo will work with the Comp Alloy because it has the TCU computer versus the new Mastermind. I had a Comp Alloy a few months ago and had BLEvo working with Levociraptor and it worked.

Tjchispas

Sep 12, 2022
Spain
Hello, I have a question, can someone confirm if using blevo+levociraptor on a levo 2022 loses the manufacturer's warranty?

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
I just got a 22 Levo Comp and my Levociraptor came in yesterday. It works great, but I can't seem to get Blevo to find the bike or the dongle. Everything I've read says it should work with this combo. What am I doing wrong? My TCU does NOT have a display, so it shouldn't be an issue (right?)

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
I just got a 22 Levo Comp and my Levociraptor came in yesterday. It works great, but I can't seem to get Blevo to find the bike or the dongle. Everything I've read says it should work with this combo. What am I doing wrong? My TCU does NOT have a display, so it shouldn't be an issue (right?)

Should work. I seem to recall needing to ensure the bike wasn't connected to anything else via bluetooth at the same time but I may be imagining that. Could vary by device as well, like iPhone vs Android. I was using iPhone.

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
Should work. I seem to recall needing to ensure the bike wasn't connected to anything else via bluetooth at the same time but I may be imagining that. Could vary by device as well, like iPhone vs Android. I was using iPhone.

Okay, I'll try that. I do have an edge 530 plus mission control app, so I'll disconnect everything else first and try again. Thanks.

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
I'm sorry if this has been answered, it seems like something that would have been in an FAQ and I did look to no avail.

I'm using Blevo with a levociraptor2 successfully for the first time on my ride this morning. I had my Garmin edge 530 along side of it and the speed is about 2mph slower on the GPS than it says in Blevo. I'm confused if the Garmin is getting its speed incorrectly from the bike or if it's using GPS speed, or if Blevo needs the wheels circumference recalculated, or which device is actually incorrect. It's not just a temporary reading difference, my average speed was reported by Blevo as 2mph higher than by the Garmin which were started within seconds of each other.

Thanks so much for the awesome app and your amazing support of it. You Rock!

Guenter

Oct 20, 2022
Bruckmuehl
I’m having the same issue since upgrading to IOS 16 on the iphone. Blevo shows about 3 km/h higher speed and respectively longer distance than my Garmin edge 1030. With Mission control app values are equal to Garmin.
Otherwise I really like the app and appreciate the support. Thanks.

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
I’m having the same issue since upgrading to IOS 16 on the iphone. Blevo shows about 3 km/h higher speed and respectively longer distance than my Garmin edge 1030. With Mission control app values are equal to Garmin.

I just switched it over to GPS speed and moved on. I'm not sure that I gain much doing it by the tire until I get into dense woods which I don't typically have an issue with that where I ride. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as hybrid GPS with autocorrections based on wheel diameter when reception reaches a lower threshold. Would be ideal but maybe overkill for most things.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
It might be worth checking that your BLEVo shows the same rear wheel diameter as your Garmin. I also use a Gamin Edge 1030 and manually set it's spd/cad sensor wheel diameter to the same as BLEVo and Mission Control. In my case it is 2300mm (2019 Levo)

Guenter

Oct 20, 2022
Bruckmuehl
I am using Blevo and the edge since almost 3 years with the bluetooth and ANT+ signals provided by the TCU. That was always working fine with no difference in the parameters. The wheel diameter is set to 2300mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles