The New Official BLEvo Thread

James T.

Dec 26, 2021
Germany
Hello Paolo,
first of all hope you had/have a nice X-Mas and also a healthy new year!
2 questions though, as I was not able to find answers to these:

1. Can Blevo app or RC also switch through the Standard Support Modes of the Levo SL (Eco/Trail/Turbo)?
2. Regarding OpenAndroMaps...I made my own Style-File(s), any chance to use them with OAM in Blevo? Havn't found any option to select different styles other than the standard once.

Thank you very much, James

KrisFl

Mar 4, 2019
Leefdaal
@PaoloBLEvo Hi, Paolo, I got a new motor on my Levo 2018 Expert. And the firmware shows now version 24. Any issues with this? Thx

Screenshot_20211228-143931_BLEvo.jpg

Screenshot_20211228-143825.jpg

p300

Apr 10, 2021
Barcelona
Hi Paolo..
I've been using Blevo for one year in my comp 2020. Everything is fine but in the smart mode I have the configuration to increase the percent in 3,2,and 1%..but when it comes a step section and the biker power increases more than 300 w, it rises up to the maximum percent (in my case is 40% in eco).. I mean, it goes for exemple from 10 to 13,15,16..but sudently goes to 40 and this change is too strong.. How can I do it to be smoother?

Thanks
View attachment 78926

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello Paolo,
first of all hope you had/have a nice X-Mas and also a healthy new year!
2 questions though, as I was not able to find answers to these:

1. Can Blevo app or RC also switch through the Standard Support Modes of the Levo SL (Eco/Trail/Turbo)?
2. Regarding OpenAndroMaps...I made my own Style-File(s), any chance to use them with OAM in Blevo? Havn't found any option to select different styles other than the standard once.

Thank you very much, James
1. No, you can't change the support level, but only the percentage of the assistance.. You can select the step in the RC configuration
2. Sorry but the style cannot be selected..

Merry XMas..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo..
I've been using Blevo for one year in my comp 2020. Everything is fine but in the smart mode I have the configuration to increase the percent in 3,2,and 1%..but when it comes a step section and the biker power increases more than 300 w, it rises up to the maximum percent (in my case is 40% in eco).. I mean, it goes for exemple from 10 to 13,15,16..but sudently goes to 40 and this change is too strong.. How can I do it to be smoother?

Thanks
View attachment 78926
Maybe because you activated the BOOSTER.. try to remove it..

KrisFl

Mar 4, 2019
Leefdaal
No issue with this version.. I don't know if you are able to change the max speed..
Thanks @PaoloBLEvo . yes, I can change the speed, but it seems I have not the full power of the motor available. When using mission control, I have more power. Can you see something in the ride statistics? Maybe something wrlng with the current?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks @PaoloBLEvo . yes, I can change the speed, but it seems I have not the full power of the motor available. When using mission control, I have more power. Can you see something in the ride statistics? Maybe something wrlng with the current?
Can you send the csv file of the ride to [email protected] explaining the issue and I will try to understand it

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today I tried a new phone holder. Since I could not find the handlebar attachment for the 35mm diameter I used the solution that attaches to where the SWAT is.
I am attaching the photos.
For me it is a very elegant and solid solution and the phone can be mounted both horizontally and vertically.
PS: for safety I used some screws and Bostik to fix the support because I don't trust much of the adhesive. I saw that there is something a little more professional and I leave you the link.

2022-01-07 17.23.45.jpg

2022-01-07 19.03.36.jpg

2022-01-08 15.11.14.jpg

2022-01-08 15.10.35.jpg

2022-01-08 15.11.01.jpg

2022-01-08 15.10.48.jpg

2022-01-08 15.12.30.jpg

2022-01-08 15.12.50.jpg

Supporto 35mm.JPG

Link to buy
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/40001828330....373c4c4d58Fb4t

Supporto con viti.JPG

Link to buy
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32999688469....373c4c4d58Fb4t

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Any plans on releasing blevo to work on android watches ? or even Huawei watch ?
no, no plan... Specialized changed to private the Bluetooth protocol, so the software will be compatible only with the "old" and so I don't want to spend my time in developing for something not appreciated by Specialized.. Sorry for that..

artzicat1

Mar 3, 2019
israel
hi paolo my levo got stolen :-( ...have got a new bike a rocky inctinct powerplay would blevo work with other bikes that have ant+lev ?

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
Hi Paolo, which outdoor smart phone with a built in atmospheric pressure sensor do you recommend for the Blevo app. BV6000 is no longer available. Thanks for your support.
I have a BV6000 bought last September with the recommended Pro 3 GUB mount, both new unused if you are interested?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
hi paolo my levo got stolen :-( ...have got a new bike a rocky inctinct powerplay would blevo work with other bikes that have ant+lev ?
No sorry.. for now BLEvo is not yet compatible with ANT+LEV profile because Garmin is not so happy to deliver the protocol specification for other competitor..

Stefan Mikes

Jan 27, 2022
Warsaw Poland
Hi Paolo,
Any update on BLEvo with the new Mastermind TCU/TCD-w?
I use BLEvo 3.11.0 Android. On my last visit to a Specialized store, I tried to connect BLEvo to a Tero. Nothing. Like the app could not retrieve anything from the e-bike.
Any chance you could decrypt the TCU 2?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi Paolo,
Any update on BLEvo with the new Mastermind TCU/TCD-w?
I use BLEvo 3.11.0 Android. On my last visit to a Specialized store, I tried to connect BLEvo to a Tero. Nothing. Like the app could not retrieve anything from the e-bike.
Any chance you could decrypt the TCU 2?
It's a no no ..

mkbauer

Mar 4, 2019
Karlsruhe, Germany
Bug report: I am a happy Blevo user. The lastest version on iOS (3.7.6) works flawlessly, but has an annoying behaviour.

Whenever Blevo is running in the background (e.g. when you switch to some other app, e.g. a maps application or to a messenger app and use that for > 2 mins), Blevo looses the connection to the bike. If you switch back to Blevo, it falls back to the start screen, it then reconnects with the bike after a couple of seconds. But you do have to click on "Continue" in order to continue the ride properly. If you forget this, Blevo won't track the ride and things like Smart Power,... are not working. Is anybody else observing this?

This was much better on Blevo for iOS 3.7.5. (At least things were working perfectly with that version in September/October where I used Blevo a lot on long rides without this problem -- certainly there could also be an iOS update to blame...)

Last edited:

Stefan Mikes

Jan 27, 2022
Warsaw Poland
It's a no no ..

Thank you for your hint. It is also good to know the Gen 1 TCU is compatible with the new Spec e-bikes!

elbielasmtb

Oct 7, 2019
España
I am a happy Blevo user. The lastest version on iOS (3.7.6) works flawlessly, but has an annoying behaviour.

Whenever Blevo is running in the background (e.g. when you switch to some other app, e.g. a maps application or to a messenger app and use that for > 2 mins), Blevo looses the connection to the bike. If you switch back to Blevo, it falls back to the start screen, it then reconnects with the bike after a couple of seconds. But you do have to click on "Continue" in order to continue the ride properly. If you forget this, Blevo won't track the ride and things like Smart Power,... are not working. Is anybody else observing this?

Esto fue mucho mejor en Blevo para iOS 3.7.5. (Al menos las cosas funcionaban perfectamente con esa versión en septiembre/octubre, donde usé mucho Blevo en viajes largos sin este problema; ciertamente, también podría haber una actualización de iOS a la que culpar...)
[/CITA]
yo tambien tengo ios y me pasa lo mismo

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
I have questions.

I'm trying to get the smart assist function working. The goal is to tie the assist to heart rate so I can get boosted assist when my HR is high, and suppress it when my HR drops too low. To me, this is the #1 advantage of Blevo and I want to experiment with it.

I use an apple watch for my HRM (you can see where this is going)

I have two problems:
1. Blevo does not reliably log the HR on the screen (or CSV file) so I have to assume it is not changing motor assist
2. When the HR does show on the screen (briefly for a few seconds), I'm not sure how to verify the function is actually working.

------------

For #1:

a) I read that apple watch does not continuously monitor HR for battery life. So I start the "Workout" app and start a bike ride. This brings up a page that shows HR continuously. I assume now the WATCH is continuously polling my heart rate.

b) Not sure how to get this heart rate into the iphone. I figured if Blevo can't see it, maybe it's because the watch isn't pushing the HRM data to the phone continuously. How can I do this? I tried starting the "Health" app and "Fitness" app but I couldn't see anything there related to continuously monitoring HR. Is there something else I need to do here?

c) switching from these apps back to BLEVO, I got the HRM to show up on screen, but it would last only a few seconds then stop. Blevo seems to be set up correctly, but I'm missing some setting to get me that last bit there.

For #2:

a) when the HRM shows continuously on the Blevo page while riding, is there something on screen that will change as my HR changes? The 'assistance level' says 'Smart Trail' and '% Assistance' is 80%. should I expect that 80% to change based on HR? is there somewhere else I can see it actually responding to my HR? Surely I don;t just assume it's working correctly, there is some kind of verification of function?

Thanks!

----------------------

Edit: I have more data.

I downloaded a free app called HeartCast. While this is running, I can see in real time on the iPhone, my heart rate from apple watch. But Blevo still does not pull the heart rate. Either Heartcast does not poll when it is in the background, or something else?

I tried running Blevo in the background and left Heartcast in the foreground, and went on a "ride". I took the CSV from Blevo and it has two entries in it for the whole ride. I'm guessing Blevo does not operate or datalog when it is in the background? Bottom line, it's not a solution.

I need a way to have two apps in the foreground at the same time....

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Bug report: I am a happy Blevo user. The lastest version on iOS (3.7.6) works flawlessly, but has an annoying behaviour.

This was much better on Blevo for iOS 3.7.5. (At least things were working perfectly with that version in September/October where I used Blevo a lot on long rides without this problem -- certainly there could also be an iOS update to blame...)
In the new release I didn't change anything in the BLEvo app... maybe it is changed something in the ios... I will check if the app should be set in some way to stay always active even if it is in background... I think the iOS has implemented some feature to kill the app not in foreground in order to save the battery...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have questions.

I'm trying to get the smart assist function working. The goal is to tie the assist to heart rate so I can get boosted assist when my HR is high, and suppress it when my HR drops too low. To me, this is the #1 advantage of Blevo and I want to experiment with it.

I use an apple watch for my HRM (you can see where this is going)

I have two problems:
1. Blevo does not reliably log the HR on the screen (or CSV file) so I have to assume it is not changing motor assist
2. When the HR does show on the screen (briefly for a few seconds), I'm not sure how to verify the function is actually working.

------------

For #1:

a) I read that apple watch does not continuously monitor HR for battery life. So I start the "Workout" app and start a bike ride. This brings up a page that shows HR continuously. I assume now the WATCH is continuously polling my heart rate.

b) Not sure how to get this heart rate into the iphone. I figured if Blevo can't see it, maybe it's because the watch isn't pushing the HRM data to the phone continuously. How can I do this? I tried starting the "Health" app and "Fitness" app but I couldn't see anything there related to continuously monitoring HR. Is there something else I need to do here?

c) switching from these apps back to BLEVO, I got the HRM to show up on screen, but it would last only a few seconds then stop. Blevo seems to be set up correctly, but I'm missing some setting to get me that last bit there.

For #2:

a) when the HRM shows continuously on the Blevo page while riding, is there something on screen that will change as my HR changes? The 'assistance level' says 'Smart Trail' and '% Assistance' is 80%. should I expect that 80% to change based on HR? is there somewhere else I can see it actually responding to my HR? Surely I don;t just assume it's working correctly, there is some kind of verification of function?

Thanks!

----------------------

Edit: I have more data.

I downloaded a free app called HeartCast. While this is running, I can see in real time on the iPhone, my heart rate from apple watch. But Blevo still does not pull the heart rate. Either Heartcast does not poll when it is in the background, or something else?

I tried running Blevo in the background and left Heartcast in the foreground, and went on a "ride". I took the CSV from Blevo and it has two entries in it for the whole ride. I'm guessing Blevo does not operate or datalog when it is in the background? Bottom line, it's not a solution.

I need a way to have two apps in the foreground at the same time....
I have many issue with the interaction with the Apple Watch because in order to save the battery the HRM data are not sent in real time... I think the better solution is to buy a pulseband as suggest by @Kave

elbielasmtb

Oct 7, 2019
España
En la nueva versión, no cambié nada en la aplicación BLEvo... tal vez haya cambiado algo en el ios... Verificaré si la aplicación debe configurarse de alguna manera para permanecer siempre activa, incluso si está en segundo plano. ... Creo que iOS ha implementado alguna característica para eliminar la aplicación que no está en primer plano para ahorrar batería...
[
/Hola Pablo
Hay algún avance en esto? Es muy molesto tener que que andar habiendo la aplicación y volver a ponerla en marcha

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Finally switch to a Levo and want to give BLEvo a try. The smart controls seem awesome. I’m trying to sort out what HRM to use. Ideally I would like something warn on the wrist. I’m looking at a Mio Slice as it also tells time. I don’t need a display but really miss the convenience of the clock from my shimano display.
I know there are issues with fit bits not using the correct protocols and want to make sure I’m no going down that road.
Will the Slice work?

thanks.

MarkXexar

May 15, 2021
Barcelona
Super happy long time Blevo user who will stick with the old Levo Turbo until Blevo is available on the new ones.

I have had a problem with my ride log recently. Something changed in Blevo between September 2021 and January 2022. I have full ride stats for the old rides. However when I try to view the map I get the error “no data found in the CSV file”. I thought it was something to do with the change in file locations, but all my data was in the legacy /Blevo folder and there is nothing in the new /Android/… folder. After adding some new rides in January they record fine and the map can be viewed without problem.

Now I have switched phones and I thought Backup and Restore would get rid of the problem. Alas no, but strangely the problem is reversed. My old rides are fine, and I get the same error with the rides since January. All the CSV files seem to be in place in the new folder /Android/…

I can live with it, but would be sweet if we can fix this little niggle.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Super happy long time Blevo user who will stick with the old Levo Turbo until Blevo is available on the new ones.

I have had a problem with my ride log recently. Something changed in Blevo between September 2021 and January 2022. I have full ride stats for the old rides. However when I try to view the map I get the error “no data found in the CSV file”. I thought it was something to do with the change in file locations, but all my data was in the legacy /Blevo folder and there is nothing in the new /Android/… folder. After adding some new rides in January they record fine and the map can be viewed without problem.

Now I have switched phones and I thought Backup and Restore would get rid of the problem. Alas no, but strangely the problem is reversed. My old rides are fine, and I get the same error with the rides since January. All the CSV files seem to be in place in the new folder /Android/…

I can live with it, but would be sweet if we can fix this little niggle.
Do you have Android 11?
I don't understand where you have the CSV file now.
In the /BLEvo folder or in the /Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/BLEvo ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi everyone,
I just released version 3.11.1 of BLEvo for Android.
In the new release I have fixed the display of the icons of the points of interest in the Andrompas maps. You can see from the attached image how the fountains, toilets and other points of interest are displayed. Also for this type of map I added the possibility to choose a custom theme, uploading the necessary files in the folder /BLEvo/MAPS/theme/ and selecting the custom theme as you can see from the second screenshot.
I also changed the Levociraptor Gen2 icon to 🦖 so that it doesn't have a red icon on the peripherals status line. I also added the cardio battery percentage. If the battery goes below 40% a yellow LED will appear 🟡 or 👎 depending on the Android version.
Finally, now BLEvo will warn at startup if the peripherals to connected are not found. This is because if BLEvo does not display the BLUE LED 🔵, it may not be able to connect to the peripheral even if it is powered on. I therefore always advise you to wait for the BLUE LED 🔵.

I list all the changes here:
- Now if .map files are run with BLEvo, they are copied to the maps folder
- Added customizable file style for Andromaps (install files in /BLEvo/MAPS/theme/)
- Updated style for Andromaps from Elevate4 to Elevate5
- Added voice message for maximum heart rate last km
- Added percentage of battery charge of the cardio and remote
- Bufix: Now Andromaps maps correctly display images of points of interest
- Forced re-reading of the wheel size at each connection to make a correct count of KM and speed
- Optimized CSV import
- Optimized FIT / TCX file export to avoid strava ascent calculation problems
- Added PRO preset for Smart Power
- Bugfix change and Smart Power configuration selection
- Correct link for the purchase of the remote (multiremote | o-synce Shop)
- Added request to leave without having found the peripherals
- In the home the back does not close the app but puts it in the background
- Correct visualization of the altimetric graph on vertical display
- Levociraptor icon changed to 🦖
- Put yellow dot when cardio battery is below 40%
- Compatibility with VADO 3.32 battery (460wh) added

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

Mappa dettagliata.jpeg

Screenshot_20220213-212521.png

New Bike status.png

Screenshot_20220213-184004.png

MarkXexar

May 15, 2021
Barcelona
Do you have Android 11?
I don't understand where you have the CSV file now.
In the /BLEvo folder or in the /Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/BLEvo ?
Thanks Paolo for looking into this, but no need to spend time if there does not seem an easy fix. The first phone was Android 7.1.1 with the files in /BLEvo. The second phone is Android 10 and the backup was restored into /Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/BLEvo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles