SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
No it is reading the current and voltage at the motor. Nothing to do with the rider, unfortunately.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It is interesting for the peak output of the motor. Continuous it is supposed to be a 250w motor but I noticed that the Bafang battery spec states a max output current of 18amps from the battery. Which would mean an absolute max possibilty of 650w peak for a short time. So that looks in line with what you were reading.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Wow so light. If U have pictures when weighing pls share. What components use?
1. Miranda FB connecting rods really suited me, they are a little wider and I like it.
2. Fork Rockshox Lyric select 170.
3. Rear shock absorber Sidlux 210x50.
4. Rear derailleur X01.
5. Wheels carbon, dt240, sapim.
6. maxxis dissector tires 29x2.4 EXO (Exo + is heavier).
7. 10ah battery - 1.6kg.
8. Carbon steering wheel. The saddle and dropper are carbon fiber. With these components, you can save a lot of weight.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Power is measured in watts, for instance Peter Sagan is the strongest cyclist ever , I think during a tour of Italy sprint he maintained around 440w for 20 minutes and in another peaked at over 1400w
So, one can put the power mode to "0" (not off which then the motor is decoupled and then it's just human drive train only. Then measure watts and calculate power output...if one got the power meter pedals, it would probably be more accurate and the just do the calculation automatically. But they run $500-$1500, so yipes 💸💸💸

A good YT reviewer named Francis at EMTB Review is now using power meter pedals to do more objective measures between mid- and full-powered Emtbs. So we might be saying the same thing?😇 Check it out and then just DM me if you want👍

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Should not read anything with the motor off. Again it is reading the power used by the motor. Unless the motor acts like a generator...

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Should not read anything with the motor off. Again it is reading the power used by the motor. Unless the motor acts like a generator...
Whoops. Looks you can hit cadence and watts modes in 0 power mode but no metering like you said. But it's does do the speed, trip etc. I just checked in the bike stand now.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Yesterday torture ride, this CEF50 and Bafang M820 ride flawlessly. Arrive at home with 16% battery left.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-19 at 08.37.02.jpg

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
Did you mean carbon seatpost? I never heard of carbon dropper post.
There's a significant weight difference between a carbon seatpost and a normal dropper post.
The shortest dropper is quite light as well. I don't use it on road, so for a 100mm dropper, the weight savings is quite significant.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles