SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
The EF 50 is a very versatile frame. On its basis, you can make a light trail bike with a stroke of 140mm and an enduro with a stroke of 180mm. The rear shock absorber with a 210x55 stroke and a 27.5 wheel gives a 165mm rear suspension stroke. In Height at CEF50 360 mm. Light carbon has 335mm. Find a good battery manufacturer and make yourself two removable lightweight batteries of 1600 or 2200 g. and get a capacity of 10Ah or 15Ah. If I'm not mistaken, a bike with a 140mm stroke and light parts should weigh 1600g with a 160 1600-1700 kg stroke. The lightest battery case is a bag. Or a bottle on Aliexpress. Aliexpress has a very large selection of bottles, but then the battery weight will be more by 700-1000g. Let's hope that the frame C EF 50 is light and reliable. Why the LSE930 weighs 3000g. we'll never know. Look at the Lexon brand on Aliexpress, it doesn't remind you of anything. Lexon is manufactured in the same factory as SUA 50. Lexon has been producing light frames for a long time and they have a very large selection of frames. They even have a copy of Scott with a hidden shock absorber.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-23 at 09.25.51.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-12-23 at 09.26.05.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-01-13 at 09.16.29.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-01-13 at 09.16.42.jpeg

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I hope the manufacturers get the message that it is a bad idea and should die a quick death.
Yeah, maybe IRC will better be than it seems. Or more extreme, resort to drilling in cable ports on the frame....could use epoxy to fasten in mounting tabs and plastic cable guides.😜

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I hope the manufacturers get the message that it is a bad idea and should die a quick de

I am not interested in putting my bike on the wall in the living room and showing it off. SO I would prefer simple external cable routing.
Not me...I have all my bikes in the house in every room...the CEF50 build will sit pretty in my bedroom. I want it to glisten with bling and little cosmetic flaws as possible...💎😁

Last edited:

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
I see the frame's offset is 51mm, do you have to use a 51 offset fork...? what will happen with a 44mm fork, do you get 63 degrees or so as the end result?

If I understood it correctly from someone earlier, you have to have up to 20 frames to get the frame redone. So far it seems that no one wants wires through the steering bearing. And if I understand correctly, the frames will not be made until the middle-end of February, how about making some sort of poll for a couple of weeks, and then show this to the supplier?

If we reach 20-35 votes, then the probability is that 10-15 will buy that frame I guess. And the supplier sees what sells? and redo this before the first frame? Those who have ordered a frame and want this are the ones who should perhaps contact the supplier about it?

Another thing, is it possible to drill holes yourself, without weakening the frame? I myself must have size S, the headtube is only 105mm on it, so I am skeptical. Maybe use the on/off switch hole for wires, right behind the headtube, will look stylish!!!

I was close to buying an orbea rise m20, 540wh, carbon 2023 usd 5886, (delivery early February)same there with wiring via headtube. Local shop said I could drill bigger holes in the rear frame for wiring because I will use Kindernay (2 hydraulic hoses) for gears in the rear frame, without it going beyond the warranty, (for the rest of the bike) with them, as it was not the load area.. who knows?

Another supplier has 2023 levo carbon S2 in store for usd 7,200, it's tempting, but has to change almost everything, so it will be terribly expensive, but it has short chainstay, 700wh battery, possibilities to change geometry, most important, dealer has extra engine in stock.... for warranty. and it felt just right in every way, but just sat on it in the store. 22.6 kg.
But then my Regin e+1, 2022 have to go, and i lose almost the same amount as the CEF50 costs, soo..

I myself cannot guarantee that I will join, as the Levo tempts me because this is the nearest shop, and extra engine in stock... as the waiting time for the CEF50 will be long

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
see the frame's offset is 51mm, do you have to use a 51 offset fork...? what will happen with a 44mm fork, do you get 63 degrees or so as the end result?
It will reduce the trail about 7 mm with no effect on the head angle if fork length stays the same. I doubt that anyone will be able to notice the difference.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I'm in that weird minority that digs through headset cables.

Shimano is updating their brakes, and the reason appears so that the brake can go through the headset bearing without breaking (pun!) the hydraulic line.

MamboN5

Dec 6, 2022
España
Hello colleagues, I am very interested in this bicycle frame, can you put a link to the store where you ordered it? If you have any link for the engine I'm also interested. Thanks!!

MamboN5

Dec 6, 2022
España
I like everything I read and learn about this frame motor assembly. Seriously considering purchasing a set, I have doubts about the 720wh model or the 420wh model.
For the battery, I have some experience in the manufacture of the interior modules and the carbon shell, I don't see a problem in making one.
Perhaps the best option would be the 720 Wh model with a DIY battery of about 600 wh, that is, 12S 3p with 21700 cells and carbon casing.
If I have understood correctly, the M820 motor has a 36v version and a 42v version, or is it actually the same one that can work in that range?
Well there is time until March to finish deciding.
It would be nice to be able to compare the big frame head-to-head with the small one because I understand that the down tube will be different, right?

MI Rida

Oct 23, 2022
MI
I like everything I read and learn about this frame motor assembly. Seriously considering purchasing a set, I have doubts about the 720wh model or the 420wh model.
For the battery, I have some experience in the manufacture of the interior modules and the carbon shell, I don't see a problem in making one.
Perhaps the best option would be the 720 Wh model with a DIY battery of about 600 wh, that is, 12S 3p with 21700 cells and carbon casing.
If I have understood correctly, the M820 motor has a 36v version and a 42v version, or is it actually the same one that can work in that range?
Well there is time until March to finish deciding.
It would be nice to be able to compare the big frame head-to-head with the small one because I understand that the down tube will be different, right?
Pretty sure it’s one frame with two different battery options. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

MamboN5

Dec 6, 2022
España
This is the Bafang BT F014 as claimed as alternative to the 720 Wh battery. Looks completely different.

View attachment 104900 View attachment 104901
According to the information provided, this battery is 42v, 12S 2P, 24 21700 cells of approx 4900 mAh that give those 410 Wh, very similar in section to the one my current trek fuel exe bike has.
Apparently the other battery is 36 v 10s 4P, 40 21700 cells of approx 4900 mAh = 710 Wh.
I highly doubt they are the same size.
What do we know about the motor voltage? Is it compatible with the full 36/42 v range or are they 2 different references that each have a specific controller? To be able to make extenders or a 600 Wh carbon cased battery to save weight would be interesting to know.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Here's the 720Wh in-house, bigger battery option. The smaller is the 410 Wh Bafang battery. Both are integrated (motor dismount required) in order to save weight on the frame cutout, cradle hardware, and key latch system. Purportedly, this strategy can save 2-3 lbs off the total build. We'll see! 💪🤞

No range extender is planned. So, I opted for the bigger one knowing the 75Nm/95Nm peak motor power will inherently consume more battery range. Plus, I'm a heavy Clyde-rider.

View attachment 103887
This is a picture of the 720 Wh battery. Completely different from the Bafang 410 Wh…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles