Levo Gen 3 Suspension and Coil shocks for Gen 3 - Fox 38 vs Zeb

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi !

How many % sag are you running with the coil in the levo ?
I'm at planning the spring rate for my TTX22M which comes in this week.
With air i'm good at 28-30%. In theory i think the linear coil could need a few % less ?

Greets,

Chris

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi anybody heard any reports about one of these on a levo , I have one on my 21 Orbea Wild FS H10 with a cane creek progressive spring and I think it's a great little shock especially for less than half the price of a EXT , ohlins etc , I'd be fitting it to my 22 Levo pro 🤟🤟
Regards Stuart

Screenshot_2022-02-07-12-36-22-661_com.android.chrome.jpg

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Hi !

How many % sag are you running with the coil in the levo ?
I'm at planning the spring rate for my TTX22M which comes in this week.
With air i'm good at 28-30%. In theory i think the linear coil could need a few % less ?

Greets,

Chris
I think the sweet spot is 27%. I’m aiming for that when I get mine later this week.

Barbs734

Aug 2, 2021
UK
Anyone ordered the Cascade Components Long Shock Kit? If so what shock are you planning on using with it, air or coil?

Mike640

Dec 10, 2021
Portugal - Sintra
Anyone ordered the Cascade Components Long Shock Kit? If so what shock are you planning on using with it, air or coil?

Im planning to use a RS Super Deluxe, because is simple, reliable and it works! I have one on my Nomad and have never changed it, because it works fantastically well. Unlike the "obvious" Fox X2 that spends all the time being repaired... I also like the coil ones, but on a Ebike, i think it takes a little of "poppiness" of the bike..

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
It's a thing of beauty 🤟 is the lever switch easy to access it looks like it's in a awkward place to access or maybe just the pic ??
Yes, not so obvious to find and move, my old ammo had the lever in the other side.
But i need to try and tell you. The lever had free space to move without any issue

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
No, that was my wish. But unfortunately the inch-sized Öhlins have 6mm less travel then specified 🙈 and that without the bumper...

So i had to send back the 222x70mm which had effectively 60-63mm.
I also have measured a 216x63mm to 57mm.

So i took a 210x55 which has 52.5mm with bumper fully compressed.

Here the "70mm" TTX22M:

DB48DEEE-20C6-408F-812F-572A840F38BA.jpeg

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
In case anyone in the U.S. was thinking about an EXT shock we just got in an order of 210x55mm e-Storias. Many were pre-ordered but we still have a few available.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
My E-storia showed up today, documentation is terrible as is the location of the LOK lever...
Any other users have baseline clicker or bottom out settings?

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Just after some advice, please.

I've got a TTX22M 210x52.5 from my 2018 Levo.

Do you think it's worth changing it to 210x55 for a 2021 Levo?

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
My E-storia showed up today, documentation is terrible as is the location of the LOK lever...
Any other users have baseline clicker or bottom out settings?

For manuals you can find it here:
e-Storia_User_Manual_1.1.pdf (extremeshox.com).

You are right, documentation on the box was nearly nothing.
Location of the LOK lever is terrible yes, but after a few km you can easily find it and use it.

For me the performance are so great that this issue are bearable

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
For manuals you can find it here:
e-Storia_User_Manual_1.1.pdf (extremeshox.com).

You are right, documentation on the box was nearly nothing.
Location of the LOK lever is terrible yes, but after a few km you can easily find it and use it.

For me the performance are so great that this issue are bearable

Does your LOK lever actually do much? I expected a full lock out
700 spring yields 25% sag for me. First ride tomorrow

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
Does your LOK lever actually do much? I expected a full lock out
700 spring yields 25% sag for me. First ride tomorrow

The Lok circuit is on its own shim stack that can be independently tuned. So it is definitely possible to have it full lock out. Very few people have actually requested this though and none were using the damper on an e-bike from what I can recall. We do have people from time to time ask for the Lok circuit to be softened up a bit to use as a flow/jump trail setting. I am curious how frequently people here use the Lok lever/ Climb switch in their normal riding if at all. With the added torque of a motor it seems in a lot of climbing situations it may be preferable to have the additional traction by just leaving it open. But I can definitely see the benefit for people who do a lot of fire or paved road grinding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles