Levo Gen 3 Suspension and Coil shocks for Gen 3 - Fox 38 vs Zeb

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
The Lok circuit is on its own shim stack that can be independently tuned. So it is definitely possible to have it full lock out. Very few people have actually requested this though and none were using the damper on an e-bike from what I can recall. We do have people from time to time ask for the Lok circuit to be softened up a bit to use as a flow/jump trail setting. I am curious how frequently people here use the Lok lever/ Climb switch in their normal riding if at all. With the added torque of a motor it seems in a lot of climbing situations it may be preferable to have the additional traction by just leaving it open. But I can definitely see the benefit for people who do a lot of fire or paved road grinding.
Thanks a really good idea to get the lok set for jumps/flow trails. Do you have any thoughts on how much softening or what I should ask the suspension shop todp? TIA

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Can I ask what weight you are? I got a 650/700 in the box and am about 106kilos/ 235lbs geared up

104kg. first ride today, shock feels great and clickers have more noticeable adjustment than the ttx Ohlins I had did on my last levo.
The LOK lever is in a terrible position, definitely not easy to find on the move

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
104kg. first ride today, shock feels great and clickers have more noticeable adjustment than the ttx Ohlins I had did on my last levo.
The LOK lever is in a terrible position, definitely not easy to find on the move
You are right, but with time you can easily find it using frame to feel the position.

With Cane creek, the lever was in perfect position, but during the ride, sometimes without any reference i need to look at it to find it.

Hope it's clear

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
FWIW I've put my RockShox Super Delux coil RCT on my 22 Alloy comp. It's a take off from my Meta Power. I'm tipping the scale at 255LB nekked and I'm running a 750lb spring with about 30% sag. Running an EXT spring. If the shock isn't up to the task and blows up I'll get an eStoria, but I'm going the cheap route first.

The selling point of the eStoria is the bottom out control and steel damper shaft. I really like having an adjustable bottom out is key to good coil feel. You can run a slightly lighter spring for small bump plushness and dial in the bottom out speed. I love the HBO on my Smashpot.

FYI air springs suck for riders over 225lbs. Steel is real!

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
Hi mate. It’s great so far. I’m going to sell the Storia V3 if you’re interested let me know.

Selling as I’ve purchased a new bike and this coil doesn’t fit. £600 with a single spring. If you want you can try it first see what you think.

Rob.
Hi Rob, do you still have the Astoria for sale?

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
Finally got around to running the e storia, very impressed, 2 rides now on the expert and i am impressed by the HBO, very noticable over drops that i have struggled with on the DVO jade X. Quite smooth on the pedals at high speed and definatley more poppy than i would have thought, quite surprisingly poppy. So for me as a heavier rider the HBO is quite amazing...feels like you landing on soft sand ( not a great explaination) but it seems to just slow to bottom rarher than hit a sudden stop....
20220410_125713.jpg
20220410_125723.jpg

L’ex

Oct 13, 2021
Italy
Hi guys! Am I OT if ask to you which fork are better between Zeb and Lyrik? I have some doubt.. I would to buy Lyrik because it’s lighter than Zeb but I don’t know if should be the right choice
Thanksssssss

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Hi guys! Am I OT if ask to you which fork are better between Zeb and Lyrik? I have some doubt.. I would to buy Lyrik because it’s lighter than Zeb but I don’t know if should be the right choice
Thanksssssss

If you have to ask then the Lyrik will be more than ample.

L’ex

Oct 13, 2021
Italy
I don’t know if the lyrik should be more Thanks ample.. i just ask.. i like to jump to ride fast and on the rocks! I‘m not a pro At all! I really like agile and funny Ride! I’m evaluating lyrik just because i’m thinking which that fork could make me ride a little bit agile more than zeb

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
I don’t know if the lyrik should be more Thanks ample.. i just ask.. i like to jump to ride fast and on the rocks! I‘m not a pro At all! I really like agile and funny Ride! I’m evaluating lyrik just because i’m thinking which that fork could make me ride a little bit agile more than zeb
its easy, take the zeb

Mike640

Dec 10, 2021
Portugal - Sintra
On a Ebike, always the Zeb...

ccnartin10

Apr 28, 2022
Essex
HI, Im looking to buy a TTX 22M with an 800lbs EXT Spring, Wondering if i will have any clearance issues with the larger spring and its diameter? from a conversation with MOJO the EXT spring is 58mm external diameter.

Thanks

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
HI, Im looking to buy a TTX 22M with an 800lbs EXT Spring, Wondering if i will have any clearance issues with the larger spring and its diameter? from a conversation with MOJO the EXT spring is 58mm external diameter.

Thanks

Why not just use an EXT shock? it actually works better than the Ohlins (yes I have had both)

ccnartin10

Apr 28, 2022
Essex
Why not just use an EXT shock? it actually works better than the Ohlins (yes I have had both)
Just going on what i've been recommended by Plush and J-Tech, quoting the Ohlins is more durable? and parts more readily available to service? also slight price difference.

How would you say it preforms better? interested in your perspective as you have run both?

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Just going on what i've been recommended by Plush and J-Tech, quoting the Ohlins is more durable? and parts more readily available to service? also slight price difference.

How would you say it preforms better? interested in your perspective as you have run both?

The bottom out function on ext is fantastic and the clickers feel like they actually do something unlike with the ohlins

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
I'd have probably kept the X2 in the Levo, but the shock is now faulty. Air has air mixed with oil. I first noticed a sloshing sound when compressing the rear. After a few more rides I could feel a slight knocking feel in the rear with small repeated kits (for example riding over 200 metres of tree roots, it felt a bit off, slight bumping sensation).

I know something wasnt quite right. So I took it out. Letting out a bit of pressure out and compressing the shock and watching it return, I could see it 'bump' through the travel... ie not completely smooth - it would start smooth and then almost stop, then bump through the final part of the travel.

I've really liked every coil based bike / shock that I've ridden, so hoping that the EXT lives up to to its reputation on the Levo.
After about eight rides on my new levo expert the rear shock was aerated as well. Looks like another Fox assembly issue. Much like the fork having too much grease, like mine had. I sure wish Fox would sort this issue with the their assembly process .The shock has been repaired and seems to work fine. It does have a little bit of a click sound when I push down on the bike by hand but I don’t notice anything when I’m writing aside from something rattling or clanking when the rear wheel goes over a sharp edge. I’m starting to think that it might be the shock after all, as I have ruled everything else out. Might have to try a coil shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles