• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Suitable helmet for Exposure lights? Advice?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Recently bought an exposure Diablo helmet light but the vents on my current helmet are not central which means the light is either too far forward or towards the side which unbalances the helmet as the diablo light is fairly heavy.
Any suggestions for a helmet which is suitable for light attachments. I don’t want a full face helmet however.
Many thanks

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
My Smith Forefront 2 works like a charm with a Diablo - you can either use the Exposure mount (which is a bit shonky IMO) or use the Smith mount that is available separately.

Benefit of the Smith Go-Pro style mount is you can tilt the beam, benefit of the Exposure mound is it sits much lower to the helmet.

IMG20230920173340~2.jpg IMG20230920173656~2.jpg

Last edited:

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Recently bought an exposure Diablo helmet light but the vents on my current helmet are not central which means the light is either too far forward or towards the side which unbalances the helmet as the diablo light is fairly heavy.
Any suggestions for a helmet which is suitable for light attachments. I don’t want a full face helmet however.
Many thanks
Pictures speak 1000 words.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles