ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
Hi @vadII yesterday my Orbea Rise finally arrived and today I tested your app (iPhone + Watch). The app was great during the ride but I had two, important issues:
1- during a break the Rise turned off, and ST Ride was disconnected. It automatically exported the ride to iOS workouts, even if I selected “Do you want to resume? YES” when I turned the Rise on again. The Watch disconnected and there was no way to reconnect it again, so I had to stop the ride and to start a new one.
2- at the end of the first ride the app didn’t exported the GPS track in the gpx, and it didn’t registered any data in the second. Also the climbed meters info was completely missing. Basically, I lost my ride :(

It was quite disappointing, so I’d like to know if I did something wrong.
Also, is there a way to keep the EP8 turned on longer before it goes in standby?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi @vadII yesterday my Orbea Rise finally arrived and today I tested your app (iPhone + Watch). The app was great during the ride but I had two, important issues:
1- during a break the Rise turned off, and ST Ride was disconnected. It automatically exported the ride to iOS workouts, even if I selected “Do you want to resume? YES” when I turned the Rise on again. The Watch disconnected and there was no way to reconnect it again, so I had to stop the ride and to start a new one.
2- at the end of the first ride the app didn’t exported the GPS track in the gpx, and it didn’t registered any data in the second. Also the climbed meters info was completely missing. Basically, I lost my ride :(

It was quite disappointing, so I’d like to know if I did something wrong.
Also, is there a way to keep the EP8 turned on longer before it goes in standby?
It's not possible to lost a ride session at all (the app writes records in internal database each second and only you can delete those data by deleting a ride session form the Sessions list). I have no idea why you got such issues.

Try to simulate the same situation and tell me if you succeed.

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
It's not possible to lost a ride session at all (the app writes records in internal database each second and only you can delete those data by deleting a ride session form the Sessions list). I have no idea why you got such issues
It’s not possible but it happened… can I send you the first gpx file? Maybe you find out why there are data missing…

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
It’s not possible but it happened… can I send you the first gpx file? Maybe you find out why there are data missing…
You said that you lost your session. Isn't it? When you resume a session after a connection lost - the App will not create a new session, it will continue to write to that session.

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
You said that you lost your session. Isn't it? When you resume a session after a connection lost - the App will not create a new session, it will continue to write to that session.

I’ve lost the second session, the first one has been exported to iOS workouts without GPS and climbed meters. But fortunately those info are still in the gpx file, so using other apps I can access them.

I will test the app again, but can you check why GPS and climbing info are not exported to iOS workouts? Thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Where did you lost it? In IOS workouts? If yes, this is because you didn't connect STRide on watch with the bike.
Your full ride session (2 parts) is 100% stored in STRide

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
Where did you lost it? In IOS workouts? If yes, this is because you didn't connect STRide on watch with the bike.
Your full ride session (2 parts) is 100% stored in STRide
Session 2: when I pressed “stop recording” ST Ride gave me a summary with 0 recorded in each field. The session is still 0 in ST Ride archive.

Session 1: this ride is fine in ST Ride archive, but it was automatically exported to iOS workouts with many info missing. See the attachments: iOS workout doesn’t have the map nor the climbing

BD7E85AD-EE81-48F9-9966-C6A58926066D.png

0AB83805-DD6F-4CE0-883B-71A4ED3FFA9B.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Session 2: when I pressed “stop recording” ST Ride gave me a summary with 0 recorded in each field. The session is still 0 in ST Ride archive.
What is "session 2"? You said that after connection to the bike you pressed "continue previous session". New session was not created in this case.
Where screenshots anyway?

Session 1: this ride is fine in ST Ride archive, but it was automatically exported to iOS workouts with many info missing. See the attachments: iOS workout doesn’t have the map nor the climbing
STRide does not export to IOS workouts. STRide creates IOS workout to retrieve your heart rate, even if you do not record your session. It's required by WatchOS to retrieve a heart rate. Moreover, IOS workouts contains only Heart Rate and distance. Nothing else!

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
Vadll I don’t understand why you’re so aggressive, I’m just trying to help you to improve your product - which is great and I’ve already recommended to some friends!

As I explained, I’ve selected “resume” but the app had already saved the session to iOS workouts (session 1).

During what I call session 2, the info were correctly showed in Apple Watch, but at the end I have no session recorded anywhere.

And finally, yes you can export GPS and climbing data to iOS. The attached screenshot has been recorded with the app WorkOutDoor: as you can see, map and climbs are there.

2161AC1E-CAC5-47B2-8457-CDBA305546CB.jpeg

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Vadll I don’t understand why you’re so aggressive, I’m just trying to help you to improve your product - which is great and I’ve already recommended to some friends!
Am I aggressive? You said in your first message that App doesn't work (it's not true), you lost your data (it's not true) and you are so disappointed. But you didn't give me any information. I said you what you should to do in my first message. But you continue send messages with screenshots from other Apps in the public thread. For a what purpose?

Once again: STRide doesn't export session into Workouts. This feature has not been announced anywhere, and most likely it will never be. Workouts are only created to get the heart rate from the Apple watch.

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
Ok, you think that I’m a troll or a competitor. This is really sad because I recommended your app in many groups of Orbea Rise owner and I’m just trying to suggest you improvements to an app that, as I already said, has a great potential.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Ok, you think that I’m a troll or a competitor.
OMG... I couldn't even imagine it.

This is really sad because I recommended your app in many groups of Orbea Rise owner and I’m just trying to suggest you improvements to an app that, as I already said, has a great potential.
Ok. I'm still working on a major App release for iOS. But it looks like you won't need it anymore.

p.s. I have received feedback and help with issues from other users on this forum. Thanks again to everyone. But these were normal posts, none of them started the posts with a message that they were frustrated, disappointed and nothing was working. Moved into communicating via direct message or email and everything was resolved...

Last edited:

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy

Ok. I'm still working on a major App release for iOS. But it looks like you won't need it anymore.

I didn’t say that! I will give the app some other chances of course. I just think there’s a bug when the EP8 goes in standby but I will test it again, hopefully tomorrow. For the iOS workouts I’ll try some workarounds, like exporting to Strava and re-importing to iOS with all the info I need. Keep up the good job 💪

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy

p.s. I have received feedback and help with issues from other users on this forum. Thanks again to everyone. But these were normal posts, none of them started the posts with a message that they were frustrated, disappointed and nothing was working. Moved into communicating via direct message or email and everything was resolved...

Next time I’ll DM you ;)

When will you release the major update to the iOS app?

DaveW2

Dec 16, 2021
Calgary
When Strava imports a ride from ST Ride, it classifies it as Ride, not an E-bike Ride. It states E-bike ride in the description, but not where it shows the type of activity. Is this a problem in the ST Ride app, or with Strava?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
When Strava imports a ride from ST Ride, it classifies it as Ride, not an E-bike Ride. It states E-bike ride in the description, but not where it shows the type of activity. Is this a problem in the ST Ride app, or with Strava?
It's Strava issue. They didn't make it possible to point out that this is an EBike Ride when importing. I wrote to their support, they ignore it...

ped

Aug 7, 2018
germany
Hi Vadll,
at the beginning of this thread you asked for suggestions for the further development of the App.
I would appreciate a free userconfiguration of the dashboard.
It would be great if the user can choose how many parameters are displayed, which parameter ist displayed, and the position of the choosen parameter.
I know, you offer some presets in your app, but to be honest, none of them really meets my needs.
Another helpful feature would be to select between profile1 and profile2 in STride.

Geornat

Apr 11, 2022
france
Hello
I would like to know if it can be a problem to alternately switch from an sc-e8000 to an ew-en100. Let me explain: use the sc-e8000 for my short outings and the sw-en100 with STRide for my longer outings to save my data. By connecting the sc-e8000 or the sw-en100 depending on use.
Thank you for your opinion.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I don't think there will be any problems.
Hello
I would like to know if it can be a problem to alternately switch from an sc-e8000 to an ew-en100. Let me explain: use the sc-e8000 for my short outings and the sw-en100 with STRide for my longer outings to save my data. By connecting the sc-e8000 or the sw-en100 depending on use.
Thank you for your opinion.

Geornat

Apr 11, 2022
france
Hello . I'm curious, are the different parameters of the eco, trail, bost modes memorized in the display or in the motor part?

CrunchBytes

Subscriber
Oct 7, 2021
Warwick, UK
Just a quick note to say thank you - noticed I. The summary tonight that when imported into Strava it now gives a % battery used - brilliant! Was going to ask if it’s possible to give start/end battery %, but this is just as good. TY.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Just a quick note to say thank you - noticed I. The summary tonight that when imported into Strava it now gives a % battery used - brilliant! Was going to ask if it’s possible to give start/end battery %, but this is just as good. TY.
You can see the start/end battery level and total consumption in STRide

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Hi vadll,

Scheme:

is it possibile to make a dash without the speedometer ?
please do you have a List for all XML Entries to Create own Dashes ?

Thanks
nanu

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles