ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
>As in on the phone itself?

internal Storage

you need a filemanager (e.g. totalcommander)

path:
android/data/com.stunlocker.app.ride/files/Schemes

WogsRus

Sep 13, 2021
Tasmania, Hobart
Guys

Is this correct if this is what i want to see

<dash_scheme cols="2" aspect_ratio="2" size="30" size_land="50" name="Var #2: 2 cols x2" desc="Rng/Batt/Assist/SDisT/STime/Climb/AssiAvg/Cad">
<text ids="Rng"/>
<text ids="Batt"/>
<text ids="Assist"/>
<text ids="SDistT"/>
<text ids="STime"/>
<text ids="Climb"/>
<text ids="AssiAvg"/>
<text ids="Cad"/>
</dash_scheme>

how do i then load this scheme up, do i also need to modify the tiles somehow.

Sorry, trying to learn here.

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Is this correct if this is what i want to see

yes is it

you must append or replace the wanted or not wanted Item see Param. List

eg. if you want Heartrate
insert <text ids="HR"/>
or
Total km of the Bike DistC Cumulative distance
insert <text ids="DistC"/>

in the head Line is
cols="2" you see 2 columns change to 3 you see 3 columns 😉

aspect_ratio="2" defines the Dimensions of each Tile play with this Value to see what you want e.g 1.5
name="Var #2: 2 cols x2" give it a new name otherwise you can it not recognize in the app e.g. name="my sheme"

copy the new sheme to the phone and load it (close/open the App)
good luck 👍

WogsRus

Sep 13, 2021
Tasmania, Hobart
Ahh so I need to change the name under the name value. So the app can recognise it? Do i also need to change the file name saved? Is make it the same?

Will the tiles you see on the screen, automatically change to mimic the changes I have made?

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
Funktion Automatic reconnect to Bluetooth Devices

Setting>Common Settings>Automatic reconnect to Bluetooth Devices
what should this function do?
i see no diff. between on /off

i understand under Autoreconnect :
the Device connect byself (without any Tab on Screen)to last known
MAC Adr. (Motor / HR Sensor) solong if i disconnect in the app by tapping Disconnect.

sorry.......it's annoying every break of the connection needs a lot of Action to reconnect.

jayv

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area
@vadII I have now used the ST Ride twice, on iPhone + Apple Watch to record a ride, it seems to work great, thanks for all the work! I did have to restart the App on Apple Watch in order to get it to connect more than once, not a major issue. One thing I've noticed with the heart rate measurements from the Apple Watch, they are displayed on the iPhone app as part of my recorded rides, but they somehow don't seem to transfer over to Strava when I import or share my session.
Is there some setting I'm missing? Thanks!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
but they somehow don't seem to transfer over to Strava when I import or share my session.
Yes, it's Strava issue. They do not import heart rate data into their sessions...
Thanks

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Bummer. Any idea how Garmin and Wahoo do this? I see friends that use these devices and still get heart rate data in Strava.
Sorry, my fault. Strava imports heart rate and STRide exports it into GPX files which uploads to Strava. It looks like something wrong with your ride session, which does not have recorded HR.

Here is info

jayv

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area
Sorry, my fault. Strava imports heart rate and STRide exports it into GPX files which uploads to Strava. It looks like something wrong with your ride session, which does not have recorded HR.

Here is info

In the ST Ride app I see heart rate data from my session, I'll see to export the file to take a look later:

IMG_2944.PNG

jayv

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area

Here is info

My exported .gpx file indeed does not have either of the fields from the garmin or cluetrust gpx extension's defined in their xsd however in exported ST Ride file I do see data, what also is strange is my candence reported as 0.0 while it has some value:

GPX

XML:
            <trkpt lat="37.99334419418411" lon="-122.60433452945517">
                <ele>109.1</ele>
                <time>2022-08-21T00:25:00Z</time>
                <extensions>
                    <gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
                        <gpxtpx:cad>0.0</gpxtpx:cad>
                    </gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
                    <gpx:altitude>109.1</gpx:altitude>
                    <gpx:speed>21.945</gpx:speed>
                    <gpx:distance>2233.165</gpx:distance>
                    <gpx:cadence>0.0</gpx:cadence>
                </extensions>
            </trkpt>

STR

XML:
<pt acc="1" assist_level="22" assist_level_avg="22" assist_mode="3" batt_consumption="5" batt_level="95" cadence="220" cadence_avg="454" climb_total="692" descent_total="54" di2_fr="0" di2_rr="0" gps_alt="1090" gps_bearing="2314" gps_lat="37.993344976766785" gps_long="-122.60479826837734" gps_speed="20" gps_speed_avg="114" gps_speed_max="320" heart_rate="115" heart_rate_avg="111" hrm_batt="-32766" id="651" kcal="150" mode_boost="224" mode_eco="265" mode_trail="297" ms="625065" phone_batt="100" range_boost="280" range_eco="850" range_trail="420" s_traveling_distance="2094" s_traveling_time="8" sens_alt="612" slope="44" speed="41" speed_avg="129" speed_max="337" total_distance="40838" traveling_distance="40838" traveling_time="130" />

That said, the data looks kinda whack tho, only 6 different HR data points

Code:
 ~  zcat Downloads/Session\ 20220820-171424.stridegz | yq -p=xml '.session.pt[].+heart_rate' | grep -v null | sort | uniq -c
      6 107
      7 108
      6 114
   2925 115
      2 126
   5888 157

Last edited:

dipol

May 19, 2022
Italy
Dear Vadll,

I bought your App and I really appreciate it.

For the dash I downloaded the Online schemes list and I use the d_22_1 version that shows all the data that interests me.

I would like to ask you if there is the possibility of enlarging the characters.

I'll give you an example below of how the display is at the moment and how I would like it.

d_22_1.png
d_22_1mod.png

Let me know if it is possible and if I can do it by myself, thank you for your work and for your support.

Hello

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I'll give you an example below of how the display is at the moment and how I would like it.
add attribute for main XML node (for 30% increase of text size):
Code:
<dash_scheme ... size_mul="130"...>

Geornat

Apr 11, 2022
france
OK, thanks I did not make myself understood. On Stride there is a number displayed which represents the percentage of assistance. What I will be interested in is whether it is in the form of a bargraph on the same model of the bargraph of remaining battery capacity.

dipol

May 19, 2022
Italy
add attribute for main XML node (for 30% increase of text size):
Code:
<dash_scheme ... size_mul="130"...>

Dear vadll,
if I understood correctly I have to add only the parameter you indicated in the d_22_1.xml?

<dash_scheme cols="2" aspect_ratio="2" size="30" size_land="50" size_mul="130" name="Var #2: 2 cols x2" desc="Mode/Batt/HR/Dist/Time/Climb/Clock/Cad">

Correct?
Thank you for your support

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
OK, thanks I did not make myself understood. On Stride there is a number displayed which represents the percentage of assistance. What I will be interested in is whether it is in the form of a bargraph on the same model of the bargraph of remaining battery capacity.
You can configure any parameter as bargraph (vertical or horizontal) in XML file

dipol

May 19, 2022
Italy
Dear vadll,
if I understood correctly I have to add only the parameter you indicated in the d_22_1.xml?

<dash_scheme cols="2" aspect_ratio="2" size="30" size_land="50" size_mul="130" name="Var #2: 2 cols x2" desc="Mode/Batt/HR/Dist/Time/Climb/Clock/Cad">

Correct?
Thank you for your support

Dear vadll,
I tried to follow your directions but it doesn't seem to work see img below.

BEFORE AFTER

Original.jpg
Modified.jpg

This is the modified d_22_1.xlm:

<dash_scheme cols="2" aspect_ratio="2" size="30" size_land="50" size_mul="190" name="Var #2: 2 cols x2" desc="Mode/Batt/HR/Dist/Time/Climb/Clock/Cad">
<text ids="Mode"/>
<text ids="Batt"/>
<text ids="HR"/>
<text ids="SDistT"/>
<text ids="STime"/>
<text ids="Climb"/>
<text ids="Time"/>
<text ids="Cad"/>
</dash_scheme>

Please let me know if I did something wrong.
thanks bye

nanu

May 8, 2022
Austria
a bug in the Export

ST Ride: 1.12.64

a recording with HR sensor which is continued after a pause without HR sensor when exporting >GPX
the File is cpl. without HR sensor.
the part of the recording with the HR sensor is missing in the GPX file

suggest
The Export > Gpx takes a long time, a progress bar would be very helpful.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles