Levo Gen 2 Specialized Warranty Question

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
See that Specialized offers lifetime warranty on some parts of a Levo if registered within 90 days of purchase.

Question....how did you know or how would you know that you needed to register within 90 days?

My user manual only says a warranty policy is provided with bike. I did not receive one. Is this normally provided?

GL1

Oct 22, 2020
Golden, Colorado USA
Ya, I just registered on the website, both my Levo and Kenevo. Two warranty issues so far and I brought a copy of a screenshot of the Spec website to the LBS showing it registered and no issues. Let them keep the copy. If you have the original receipt bring that. I do not and the shop I bought it from has closed down permanently but another LBS Spec dealer has dealt with my issues no prob.

GL1

Oct 22, 2020
Golden, Colorado USA
I should mention that you should register on Spec website as soon as you buy a bike...original or as a second owner. It records the date you register it on there and I think it gives the LBS more comfort if you've had it registered on there for a long period of time. (As opposed to showing you just registered it the day before and are now bringing it in for warranty although I'm sure that happens all the time.) If you're the original owner, bring your receipt for all warranty issues as well as a screen shot of it registered on the Spec site that especially shows the serial # and the date you registered it. If you're a second owner, I'd get and save a bill of sale (just to have some kind of proof for yourself that it is not stolen in case ever asked) but I would NOT bring that for a warranty, only the screen shot of you having it registered on the site. The motor warranty is transferable for all subsequent owners anyway and you never know about other stuff. Just my .02 having done this a few times with one bike where I am the original owner and one that I bought used and am the second owner of. Oh and yes, all this should match up with your Mission Control app account as well for good measure.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Thanks for the info. Just looking to have one of my Roval wheels covered under warranty and they note there is a time limit to initiate coverage, but was not aware of this when I purchased the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles