Specialized Warranty Question

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
I have a 2020 Levo and just wondered if I was away on a trip in the UK somewhere and had a failure under warranty can i take it to any bike shop that deals in specialized or must it go back to the point of purchase LBS

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I have a 2020 Levo and just wondered if I was away on a trip in the UK somewhere and had a failure under warranty can i take it to any bike shop that deals in specialized or must it go back to the point of purchase LBS
Hmm is Scotland still part of the UK? :) In the UK, I don’t think you’d have any issue.

Outside of the UK, it’s not entirely clear from the documentation. Maybe, maybe not but it seems they’re just reserving the right to limit to the country of origin & that’s not surprising in a document. My guess is, in fairness, that with proof of purchase, they’d more than likely honour the warranty. Of course it would depend very much on the individual dealer.

(yes I know Scotland is still in the UK)

To take advantage of this Warranty, a dated proof of original retail purchase must be presented to Specialized in Europe. Proof of original retail purchase is needed whether you are the original retail purchaser or subsequent owner. In all events, Specialized reserves the right to limit warranty service to the country where the Product was purchased.

https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000109731-warranty-uk-en.pdf

Matty B

Dec 11, 2019
South West
I'm pretty sure that any Specialized dealer in the UK will help you out no problem. I've had my bikes in various dealers for warranty work over the last few years.

I was actually wondering this myself, but for outside the UK and in Europe. I have a trip planned to Morzine in the summer on the new Kenevo and was also thinking would I be able to get assistance should I have an issue with the bike out in France? I may run this question past the supplying dealer and see what they think and if they have any experience of it in the past.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I think would also need to have your proof of purchase receipt. Berkshire Cycles requests if you are an out of towner a call before you arrive to discuss the issue and proof of purchase receipt when you arrive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles