So here's my new E160 S

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
Got it just over a week ago.....size XL at a good price.
Got my LBS to swap the Guide RE's for the purple Hope Tech 3 E4's from my S150.
Added some purple Hope F22 pedals, a Kiox 300 setup and some purple (see the patttern here) Muc Off tubeless valves.

Had a few rides and its great.

Looking forward to many more.......

20230620_150112.jpg 20230617_102824.jpg

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Looks great! Mine should arrive today or tomorrow. I've gone E160s, black like yours. I wanted MX, but there were only 29ers left in black/medium. Whyte inform me it's just a case of changing the flip chip and I have plenty of wheels. I've gone with the charger 3 for the fork, a marzocchi coil and a set of TRP DH-R Evos. Can't wait to get it!

How have you been getting on with it? What's your local riding like?

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
Looks great! Mine should arrive today or tomorrow. I've gone E160s, black like yours. I wanted MX, but there were only 29ers left in black/medium. Whyte inform me it's just a case of changing the flip chip and I have plenty of wheels. I've gone with the charger 3 for the fork, a marzocchi coil and a set of TRP DH-R Evos. Can't wait to get it!

How have you been getting on with it? What's your local riding like?
Getting out regularly which I couldnt do on my S150 (knackered knees).
Not done loads of offroad (gutted), but what I have done (Grizedale Forest, Kentmere etc) it just eats up.

Still playing around with the stock suspension, but very interested to know how you find the Charger 3.
I test rode the RSX in March and loved the suspension feel of the Fox, especially on the smaller bumps, so wondering if the Charger could gimme a simialr feel!?

IT is a heavy beasty, but I dont really notice it when riding.....

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I test rode one and would definitely agree it doesn't feel heavy to ride. In fact it felt much snappier than the decoy I was riding before which is a good bit lighter.

I have a 38 factory on my regular bike and it is great, but I always got on well with lyric ultimate so I'm hoping the new charger 3 will be as good or better. It just arrived in the bike shop today, can't wait to get it!

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Thanks all! Tried to spend money in sensible places. The Marzocchi Bomber was recommended by my local bike shop and no need for a climb switch etc on this. Will get out tomorrow. I am going to try really hard to do some actual suspension setup, but we'll see!

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
+Ive - super easy to ride and very fast, fork felt great, brakes were great once fully bed in. Superb traction from motor even on slippery and steep climbs. Rides like a much lighter bike. I would say suspension set up is about 85% there.

-ive - assistance periodically cut out for reasons unknown. Will take back to LBS got diagnostic.

Did about 31km and 1200m, still around 20% battery. All in turbo and emtb over about 2.5 hours.

Assuming motor issues get sorted, very very happy with this bike.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Probably a lose cable might even be the wire that goes into the back of the remote on the bar, they just push in and pull out.

Last edited:

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Probably a lose cable might even be the wire that goes into the back of the remote on the bar, they just push in and pull out
Yeah, very hopeful it's something simple like this. LBS suggested similar and also that the sensor at rear wheel might need moved slightly. Performance of the motor was superb otherwise so fingers crossed it's just a minor glitch.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
@militantmandy further feedback on the Charger 3 damper?
I am considering the upgrade as I want something more 'plush' than it is now....is that a good option?

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles