2023 E160 S Battery Insertion Issues

bmxerdan

May 30, 2023
Wales
Hi Guys,

I got my first eMTB in the middle of April. Got myself a 2023 E160 S which I absolutly love, it's awesome. I am however having some difficulty with the battery and getting it to slide in and connect properly.

I remove the battery for transport to reduce the weight of the bike up on my roof rack carrier so the battery gets put in at the trails and then removed again for the trip home.

The internally routed cables seem to be the problem and cause the battery to jam and not slide in properly anywhere from half way to three quarters insertion, it changes each time I pull the battery out. This is a pain as it means I have to fight wth the battery wiggling it and removing/inserting it multiple times before I can get it to slide all the way in and clip into the rail. There doesn't seem to be quite enough space to make taking the battery in and out effortless.

I've had the whole rail system out and have tried to make the cables sit in a better place but they just keep springing back to where they want.
The little cable comb/guide thing that came attached to most of the internal cables (around the bottle cage area) has come unclipped and out of the frame. I have no idea how I could put that back in as I can barely get my hand in the frame, let alone do anything that would require any type of movement ot dexterity.

Any 2023 e-160 owners have/had this issue and have any suggestions on how to make my life easier with the battery insertion?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
You could spray the battery tube with some kind of silicone spray, I would think that a liberal coating with the bike inverted would help 😉

samjlevy

Jan 27, 2023
Manchester UK
That's strange, the cables shouldn't be getting in the way, they're supposed to be secure and hidden to make the battery removal process simple.

I take mine out before and after every ride and never have any issues, it just slides in and clips first time. It sounds like an issue that you should probably get your LBS to look at.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It sounds like you have dislodged the system used to clip the cables to the upper face of the downtube. From memory there are 3 of them spaced at intervals up the downtube...... and ( again from memory) 3 clips a cross on each. You need to sort that to resolve your problems. I say from memory because I have only removed the battery once in nearly a year of ownership and that was to position some pieces of foam behind the cables to stop them rattling.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Mine works great but must push on the cables a bit and kinda clamp them because I couldn't pull my dropper cable out to adjust my droppers insertion depth without taking the battery out first.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles