MudRocker or new Mudhugger V2 on E160

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Has anyone fitted either of these? - they are similar in style and price.
Both have a tongue that extends down to the bearings but I am not sure how they would fit around the seatstay bridge and if bottoming out the rear shock would hit the mudguard against the seatpost.

On my 160s mullet with all the air out of the rear shock I measured 25mm of space between the seatstay bridge and the seatpost fully compressed which might be enough - just not sure.

Would like to hear from anyone that has tried them - I'm getting tired of wearing sheep shit!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Has anyone fitted either of these? - they are similar in style and price.
Both have a tongue that extends down to the bearings but I am not sure how they would fit around the seatstay bridge and if bottoming out the rear shock would hit the mudguard against the seatpost.

On my 160s mullet with all the air out of the rear shock I measured 25mm of space between the seatstay bridge and the seatpost fully compressed which might be enough - just not sure.

Would like to hear from anyone that has tried them - I'm getting tired of wearing sheep shit!
Got the mudrocker on my e160 its ok but slaps against tyre on downhill, it not an issue just noisy. Its sits quite close to tyre so likely to have mud clogging issues in winter and wont keep mud off rear pivot. Not seen the new mudhugger, but the old one was fugly but did a better job than the mudrocker of keeping rider clean. Mudhugger doesnt keep crap off rear pivot either. Hope this helps

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Got the mudrocker on my e160 its ok but slaps against tyre on downhill, it not an issue just noisy. Its sits quite close to tyre so likely to have mud clogging issues in winter and wont keep mud off rear pivot. Not seen the new mudhugger, but the old one was fugly but did a better job than the mudrocker of keeping rider clean. Mudhugger doesnt keep crap off rear pivot either. Hope this helps
Also that tongue on the mudrocker is useless on the whyte

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
Even if it needs a little trimming or alteration the Mudhugger V2 should fit your bike. The tongue does a pretty good job of keeping mud off the bearings on my Rise. I've got the first version on my Cube and rivetted on a bit of old mudguard to act as the tongue - looks ordinary but most of my riding is in muddy conditions.

orbearise.jpg cubefox.jpg

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have mudhuggers on 29er
fyfjfj.jpg

You have to cut it slightly narrower where the seat stay bridge is and shorten it at the bottom or it will rub near the motor.
I just used a pair of really sharp scissors.
the part that slides through the seat stay bridge just clicks into the mudguard btw
fyfjfj.jpg

I still get a few spots of mud on my back and when it's been raining when I hit like 15mph there's a big rooster tail shooting pretty much vertical up into the sky from the backwheel

with mullet I guess the rear mudguard covers the full length of the tyre though

Last edited:

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
I'm the OP and decided to go with the SKS Mudrocker which I fitted today - along with a Mudhugger front.
Overall I am happy - it fits well on my 160S MX (Mullet) under the seatstay bridge so no issues when bottomed out and plenty of tire to mudguard clearance
But I have a few niggles:
1. The front extension piece could be longer to protect the lower bearings- I wish they had made it 50mm longer since the user can trim it easily with scissors.
2. The frame protection they supplied is only 84mm wide so it does not quite wrap around the seatstays. Luckily I had some spare 100mm material.
3. They only supplied 2 pieces of frame protection but you will likely need some for the seatstay bridge and the back of the motor where the extension may rub.

The Mudhugger 'bolt-on' front fitted just fine but it is annoying they charge an extra fiver for a small piece of plastic to fit the Zeb!
IMG_7964.JPG

IMG_7965.JPG

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The size L mudhugger extends past the end of a 29" wheel and can be trimmed by about 2cm.
I'm sure mine is a Large mk2 and it definetly doesn't as shown in the picture I posted in this thread.

maybe mk1 were longer? but also it could depend on the angle of the rear suspension pivot beam thingy whatever it's called that the guard attaches to.
so one one brand it does but on a whyte E-160 it doesn't because of the shallow angle it sits on.

Like on the your Cube pic. it looks like the mudguard sits a lot higher on the frame than on my whyte

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I hate mudguards on my bike but for a short spell I put this set up on. Mudhugger + a cut down piece of another mudguard wedged in to extend it for a bit more protection. Does the job, looks like shite but is only on there for a couple of months. Did I say I hate mudguards on my bike. 😂👍
IMG_4078.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles