E160-RS-MX 2023 New bike. Few Mods :)

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Hi Guys

Just got my E160-RS-MX Mullet , 2023 in shocking :) Lime :) , Got it for £4700 which I think was a good price,

I have done a couple of mods all ready following on from the forum posts , thanks to everyone who helped me out..

Bash plate extender made from KYDEX to cover the exposed bottom bracket .
CONTROLLER .jpg
BASH1.jpg
BASH 2.jpg

Added the mini remote and will move the LED controller to the other side when the new mount comes , works fine with the LED remote , added via flow app.

Fitted frame protection , what a faff but manged to get it looking good in the end :)

Set up tubeless.

Ready to go to Windhill on Monday and then FOD on Tuesday , pending crashes :)

Paul

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I'm intrigued about the mini remote. Where are you going to put the big one? It's my one gripe with this bike. It's a horrible remote in a daft, vulnerable location.

You're going to love it I'm sure. Absolutely adore mine!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
That looks like the cable into the repositioned Led Remote would be pulled out on full left lock. Just mounted closer to the stem on the bars on the left hand side looks a better bet.
Personally I have no issues with the LED Remote in over a year riding with it......but then I only really use it to switch on/off and rarely change mode from EMTB.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hi Guys

Just got my E160-RS-MX Mullet , 2023 in shocking :) Lime :) , Got it for £4700 which I think was a good price,

I have done a couple of mods all ready following on from the forum posts , thanks to everyone who helped me out..

Bash plate extender made from KYDEX to cover the exposed bottom bracket . View attachment 122420 View attachment 122421 View attachment 122422

Added the mini remote and will move the LED controller to the other side when the new mount comes , works fine with the LED remote , added via flow app.

Fitted frame protection , what a faff but manged to get it looking good in the end :)

Set up tubeless.

Ready to go to Windhill on Monday and then FOD on Tuesday , pending crashes :)

Paul
Hi Paul
Did you make the bash guard or can you buy them ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Assumin there was a reason why Whyte chose not to extend the rubber flap on the bottom battery cover I wonder if covering that area with Kydex will impact motor cooling??

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Fitted the led remote bracket , nicely out the way , checked full lock , no issues , I like the feel of the min remote much more than the LED controller , now its out of the way and less likely to get pinged.
IMG_20230818_153902.jpg
IMG_20230818_153820.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles