whyte e160 mx 2023

muddy Kev.34

Oct 2, 2021
bristol
any one had problem with the wire harness in the frame not had the bike long bike kept cutting out yesterday back in the shop waiting for parts

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
Can't say I have l, only proble. I had was battery after a couple of rides but all good now, hopefully won't take long to get you sorted out

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
how do you know it is due to wiring?? Very unlikely on a new bike. Known issues are failing to properly insert the battery and close the latch, and low battery charge in the LED Remote. The latter should have been charged by the LBS before handing the bike over to you. Once properly charged the LED Remote battery is charged by the main battery when the bike is in use.

muddy Kev.34

Oct 2, 2021
bristol
how do you know it is due to wiring?? Very unlikely on a new bike. Known issues are failing to properly insert the battery and close the latch, and low battery charge in the LED Remote. The latter should have been charged by the LBS before handing the bike over to you. Once properly charged the LED Remote battery is charged by the main battery when the bike is in use.
went back to the bike shop for them to find the problem and thats what i was told so only going by what the shop told me

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
went back to the bike shop for them to find the problem and thats what i was told so only going by what the shop told me
one other issue usually found on brand new bikes is the cable connection into the LED Remote not properly connected.....presumably when the bike was assembled. All the connections on the Smart System are the same. They have a white mark that aligns with the same on the component in order to align it correctly, then needs a firm push until it clicks. Worth checking.

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
I had exactly the same problem on my 2023 E160 RSX, 3 visits to the shop where they removed and refitted the wiring harness.

It seems the wiring was loose inside the down tube and was being pulled when inserting the battery, the battery had been getting harder to insert and eventually would not go in.

After the last visit I fitted a cable tie to hold the thin wire up with the stiff brake hose,, It now seems OK,

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not sure if anything has changed in that case. I have a 2023 E160 RSX ( 29er) bought in August 2022, and the cables running down the downtube are all held in 3 ( maybe 4?) cable clips attached to a cable runner. My battery slides in and out with no resistance at all, and the cables are nowhere near the battery.

I did take a look at the cable run when I first bought the bike and inserted a couple of pieces of thin foam between the cables and the top face of the down tube..............in between the cable clips............to prevent any rattling of those cables in the downtube. So I dont know if Whyte subsequently changed how those cables are held in the downtube.

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
one other issue usually found on brand new bikes is the cable connection into the LED Remote not properly connected.....presumably when the bike was assembled. All the connections on the Smart System are the same. They have a white mark that aligns with the same on the component in order to align it correctly, then needs a firm push until it clicks. Worth checking.
Also tends to be come dislodged if you may happen to fall off! And then throws up an error about traction or something

Bluebell

Feb 13, 2024
Buckinghamshire
any one had problem with the wire harness in the frame not had the bike long bike kept cutting out yesterday back in the shop waiting for parts
I would very much like to wade in to this thread... So, I have a Wythe 2023 E160 MX and currently is suffering from a potential terminal issue. a couple of weeks ago all drive stopped and I was presented with loads of fault codes. It would appear that the motor has shut off due to an 'Overvoltage' issue. The result being that the bike is now not working. The fault has been looked at by Bosch and they have agreed that it will need a new motor and wiring harness to rectify. (thankfully under warranty) The rep from Bosch is involved and he has pointed out that sadly the battery updates were not installed prior to me collecting the bike. By this I mean the following. The umbrella connection at the top of the battery along with an updated clip to stop the battery moving during use and an additional plate in the cover under the motor to mitigate further any risk of the battery moving. Should the battery move, it will over time fault, which will cause a voltage issue, which I am currently suffering from. The fix is simple. but sadly in my case it has resulted in complete failure of motor. The updates from Bosch for the battery means a complete removal of wiring harness and motor as the new parts mean that the cable routing needs to be changed internally...

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
I would very much like to wade in to this thread... So, I have a Wythe 2023 E160 MX and currently is suffering from a potential terminal issue. a couple of weeks ago all drive stopped and I was presented with loads of fault codes. It would appear that the motor has shut off due to an 'Overvoltage' issue. The result being that the bike is now not working. The fault has been looked at by Bosch and they have agreed that it will need a new motor and wiring harness to rectify. (thankfully under warranty) The rep from Bosch is involved and he has pointed out that sadly the battery updates were not installed prior to me collecting the bike. By this I mean the following. The umbrella connection at the top of the battery along with an updated clip to stop the battery moving during use and an additional plate in the cover under the motor to mitigate further any risk of the battery moving. Should the battery move, it will over time fault, which will cause a voltage issue, which I am currently suffering from. The fix is simple. but sadly in my case it has resulted in complete failure of motor. The updates from Bosch for the battery means a complete removal of wiring harness and motor as the new parts mean that the cable routing needs to be changed internally...
Interesting. Mine is currently in the shop, for a 513, after displaying a 503. They are ordering battery and motor. But were unaware of the battery block which I have asked them to order. Hopefully won’t take too long.

Bluebell

Feb 13, 2024
Buckinghamshire
Interesting. Mine is currently in the shop, for a 513, after displaying a 503. They are ordering battery and motor. But were unaware of the battery block which I have asked them to order. Hopefully won’t take too long.
my issues are as below

• Following testing the bike is showing error codes for power interruption
  • The fault has been isolated to the drive unit or loom
  • It has been noted that the relevant replacement parts from whyte have not been fitted to the battery compartment, meaning this cannot be isolated as a fault
  • The error codes are - 142001 (Control unit error - power supply interrupted. Possible effects: System will shut down. Last occurrence: 2/2/2024, 12:29 PM Frequency of occurrence: 1) and 503018 (Drive unit internal error - overvoltage. Possible effects: No motor support. System will switch off. Last occurrence: 2/2/2024, 12:29 PM Frequency of occurrence: 2 )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles