Smallest battery that will fit E160

moseven

Aug 13, 2020
manchester
Hello, does anyone know ifa smaller battery and how small will fit into an E160s?? Currently has the 625wh Bosch but for big days outI could do with a bit more, not sureI fancy another 625 as I will have to carry it around with me, was thinking of 300 ish??

cheers
Mo

moseven

Aug 13, 2020
manchester
Google is amazing, but other search engines do exist.

But can save you the hassle, see below.

The eBike battery: long range, low weight, easy to charge - Bosch eBike Systems (bosch-ebike.com)

They do a 400 and a 500wh. They will be about proportionately lighter (so not much in the big scheme of things)
My E150 has a bolt hole lower in the dowtube, that I think is there to keep a 500 captive.
Not sure how you will keep a 400 captive, but never seen one for sale.
Thanks for link - from those stats probably makes more sense with another 625w - not much difference in weight between that and the 500 - Shame Whyte havent built in a piggyback system

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
If you get another battery get an evoc eride backpack, can’t rate it highly enough, after 5 minutes pedalling you don’t even notice the extra weight of the battery, it actually feels lighter on than my old pack that just had a few tools, tube, repair kit etc.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
If you get another battery get an evoc eride backpack, can’t rate it highly enough, after 5 minutes pedalling you don’t even notice the extra weight of the battery, it actually feels lighter on than my old pack that just had a few tools, tube, repair kit etc.

From experience, I can confirm that you will not necessarily notice the extra weight on your back after a few minutes - especially if you have the hip belt properly fitted. However, after 100km my butt did tell me all about the extra 6kg pressing on the saddle.

Sadly, an empty battery weighs the same as a full battery...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles