E160 RSx Suspension

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Curious to know how you guys have set up the Fox 38 on the E160 RSX. I initially set it up similar to my E180RS and whilst it provided good support it was far too harsh. I have set it up from scratch now and it is now as plush as my e180 with good ramp up.
I have not checked to see how many tokens it has fitted yet.
I guess it goes to show how 20mm less travel and different geo and wheel size impact on fork set up.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Im running 3 tokens in mine, 90psi ( if I remember rightly) 1 click hsc, 3 click lsc.
They feel great, very happy them. 14 stone

dellydel

Nov 3, 2022
UK
I'm about 6 rides in on mine. I'm around 13 1/2 stone body weight and my current settings are;

Fork
105psi
HSR 5
LSR 10
HSC 4
LSC 5

Shock
255psi
R 5
C7

I'm not sure what tokens are in the fork and shock with the factory, but I could do with an extra token in the fork, and another in the shock for bottom out support. I've ordered some, so I'll test them out. I've tried increasing the pressure, but felt the fork lost a bit too much suppleness.

What are your settings out of interest?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'm about 6 rides in on mine. I'm around 13 1/2 stone body weight and my current settings are;

Fork
105psi
HSR 5
LSR 10
HSC 4
LSC 5

Shock
255psi
R 5
C7

I'm not sure what tokens are in the fork and shock with the factory, but I could do with an extra token in the fork, and another in the shock for bottom out support. I've ordered some, so I'll test them out. I've tried increasing the pressure, but felt the fork lost a bit too much suppleness.

What are your settings out of interest?
are you counting your settings from closed ( as Fox do) or from open ( which RS do)?
Both your shock and Fork pressure settings seem high for 13.5 stone!! Are you telling porkies re your weight?:p

dellydel

Nov 3, 2022
UK
are you counting your settings from closed ( as Fox do) or from open ( which RS do)?
Both your shock and Fork pressure settings seem high for 13.5 stone!! Are you telling porkies re your weight?:p

The settings are all from closed.

:ROFLMAO: well that's what I weigh on my home scales first thing in the morning. Obviously clothed with riding kit, could be another stone on top. I'm running roughly the recommended sag of 20% on the front and 30% at the back. Feels great to me and fairly balanced front / back. Needs a bit o tweaking but not far off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles