Product Image:
2023-05-10 15.52.11 0126.jpg

2023-05-10 15.58.58 0128.jpg

2023-05-10 15.59.08 0130.jpg

2023-05-10 15.59.11 0131.jpg

Product name: SicoMTB Rear Mud Guard
Price paid: £35
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: I recently did a full service on a friends bike before he goes off for a week in Spain.
He brought with him a rear mud guard and asked me to fit it - it was made by sicomtb who at the time I must say I'd never heard of.

What instantly grabbed me was the fit was absolutely perfect, virtually staying in place without the cable ties, and went right down to the bottom of the rear triangle stopping any mud getting where it shouldn't.

After doing his bike I looked them up and they did one for my Cube Hybrid Stereo 140. They're a UK company that 3d scan bike frames and make custom mud guards with a fantastic fit to the triangle.

The first image is my RRP proguard I've run for the last year. It's a nice guard but I have a HUGE problem with mud getting into the rear triangle pivot and the chainguard. So much so that on 3 seperate rides it has stopped me being able to move the bike and I've had to pick mud out with my fingers to free the chain and wheel up. So I thought I'd give them a go.

I am super impressed with the quality of this. The fit is mm perfect! And as it's a custom design from a 3d scan it runs right down to the bottom of the rear triangle even cut at an angle to allow for the weird shape of the frame and clearance for the cables.

Not the cheapest guard out there and quite large if you're into aesthetics but 100% something I will now be running every winter and then swap back to the smaller RRP for the hot summer months. Highly recommended!

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I haven’t got one…yet.

A few years ago I emailed SitcoMTM about a rear fender for the Trek Rail. I was modifying a Mud Hugger for my Rail and a few others. After modifying the Mudd Hugger (cut to length, dremel out new holes) I still got the occasional tire buzz.

SitcoMTB answered my questions within hours. They have a custom fender for the Trek Rail…perfect. The only problem was the logistics and final price of shipping to my address. I’ve had a couple of bad experiences of ordering products from across the pond. (Once, the final price of a couple of stickers for my upgraded forks cost $72 I think .) Credit to the supplier, they soften the blow a few dollars after they heard about the shipping cost and administration fees from DHL (un-friggen-believable).

Anyways, there’s my gripe about the yellow shipping company …lesson learned. I wish Sitco had a distributor/supplier in NA. They probably don’t ship through the yellow-shipping-company, but I’m still kinda gun-shy. Looks like a great product. 👍🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles