Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Product Image:
IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7862.JPG

Product name: RRP Front Mud Guard Bolt On
Price paid: £28.99
Score (out of 10): 8 or 9

Review: I'm not a fan of mudguards it totally ruins the look of a bike.
Thought I'd put front mudguard on to try and reduce the water spray back on to the battery chamber as I ride in Scotland and of course it's been bone dry since I've managed to fit it. The RRP bolt on is well thought out kit, there are flanges to protect fork seals and it comes with 2 shims to alter the pitch, can be fitted to Ohlins, Fox, Suntour, and Marzocchi also comes supplied with 2 sizes of Allen keys. Clearance to the tyre seams tight but I guess this is to keep spray to a minimum, not sure how this would cope with real sticky clay conditions time will tell, will update this review when we get some rain
News just in, it rained in Scotland last night RRP performed excellently in the Scottish gloop and glitters reducing water and mudspatter on the battery tube and me, the forkseal protection is excellent

Last edited:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve ordered one of these last night, as I don’t want cable ties rubbing the forks. I’ve only read good reviews on them, so it should be just the ticket.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve fitted the large one, and love the way it attaches. It’s a bit big for my liking, so I’ve ordered the smaller guard, so will run that instead. Free Amazon returns are quite handy!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles