• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Shimano 12 Speed Hyperglide+ with SRAM 12 speed chainring compatibility

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with a Shimano 12 speed Hyperglide+ and a SRAM 12 speed chainring? (Bosch Gen 4 for info)

From reading elsewhere ome folks seem to have installed it no issues, others say you must use a Shimano 12 speed chainring. @Gary any insight at all?

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I would buy one right now if it existed. Garbaruk seem to have one but they are calling it shimano 12/sram AXS flattop which is making me unsure. Everyone else says it’s shimano 12 speed only.
i'm telling you it works, i took a chance and ordered up 2 from overseas. The sram link on the shimano chain also SEEMED to work but as cyclopath said the actual shimano chain might be slightly narrower

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles