Shenzhen Zhaosheng Carbon CEF50 lightweight using Bafang M820 motor (Specifications Thread)

voigtkampff

Oct 18, 2023
Poland
The shock mounting bolts are very soft and imbus tolerances with them not very strict. Be very careful with them, too much threadlocker or too strong one is as bad as no threadlocker - you might easily snap the bolt.

The top (rocker-side) mounting bolt dimensions are in the pic.
FABE8E2C4E41E9262C434744CA629FBC.jpg

Unfortunately Jean recalled pic of bottom bolt before I was able to save it, but what I remember is:
  • nut OD is 8mm (M8) just like the top one
  • nut length is 32,5mm
  • bolt head OD is 15,8mm
  • head length is 3mm
  • screw is very likely M6 just like the top one
These bolts are custom made for SZZT which somehow explains their poor quality. Probably we could choose higher grade material if they were off the shelf/standardized ones instead of carved from a piece of soap.

8Grunf

Jan 29, 2024
Italia
I wasn't satisfied with the chain line of my CEF50, I put some spacers to move the chainring towards the internal side.

linea catena 2.jpg

linea catena 1.jpg

before you could hear noise on the larger sprockets, after the change it was definitely better.
In the photo the updated chain line.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I already had the material at home recovered from old bikes, in any case the height of the spacer used is 7mm.

Wow! you needed 7mm spacers? Assuming Bafang oem chainline is 55mm (I have no idea about this), you now running 48mm chainline? Is that correct?
TBH, I just spaced mine out until it looked ok (eyeball method) without going too extreme.

8Grunf

Jan 29, 2024
Italia
Wow! you needed 7mm spacers? Assuming Bafang oem chainline is 55mm (I have no idea about this), you now running 48mm chainline? Is that correct?
TBH, I just spaced mine out until it looked ok (eyeball method) without going too extreme.

I wanted to move the crown inwards as much as possible as I mainly use the largest pinions which are also the most delicate as they are made of aluminium.
I'm not saying it's the best solution for everyone, probably the most valid for my use.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I wanted to move the crown inwards as much as possible as I mainly use the largest pinions which are also the most delicate as they are made of aluminium.
I'm not saying it's the best solution for everyone, probably the most valid for my use.

Yep, i totally understand. I had a similar problem with my chainline to the big cog

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles