Seat post creaking

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
I thought for a couple of ride my head set had grit in it , but after working on my new DH fork set up and cleaning the head set , its still there and turns out to my my seat post (i think) has anyone had a problem with theres .. I am not sure I even like the SP much anyway but did really what to replace it after 3 weeks :(
s:(

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
I had the gen 1 Command post that came with my Stumpjumper in 2012...it was horrendous, creaked and broke within 1 year of riding. Fast forward 6 years...i get what I assumed would be a improved Command post with my 2018 levo...nope...creaks ...doesnt hold the seat well, and busts my balls when i want to raise it

Will be taking it off and installing my 3 year old reverb which is still creak free and silky smooth action

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
I had the gen 1 Command post that came with my Stumpjumper in 2012...it was horrendous, creaked and broke within 1 year of riding. Fast forward 6 years...i get what I assumed would be a improved Command post with my 2018 levo...nope...creaks ...doesnt hold the seat well, and busts my balls when i want to raise it

Will be taking it off and installing my 3 year old reverb which is still creak free and silky smooth action

Ok so I also had the seat angle drop back when I first got the bike and so did my son! we keep tightening the thing now that some ok but the bloody creaking is a pain , the Kenevo is so quite and solid its the only noise I hear.

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
If u getting a dropper, i recommend the Reverb or the KS, both served me well for many years with no issues.

My levo is also super solid...the only sound is from the damn seat post clamp

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
If u getting a dropper, i recommend the Reverb or the KS, both served me well for many years with no issues.

My levo is also super solid...the only sound is from the damn seat post clamp

Cheers Jwrx, I just did a quick search and man there all £150 to + £200 ..!! anyway to fix the creaking Lol

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Just so you know, you'll probably have a little play/wobble with the Brand-X but it's minor (I don't feel it while riding).

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
Are you 100% sure it's the seat post?

For a new dropper I would look at the OneUp. I have a Reverb Stealth and a KS LEV DX and I'm pleased with both.

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
Are you 100% sure it's the seat post?

For a new dropper I would look at the OneUp. I have a Reverb Stealth and a KS LEV DX and I'm pleased with both.

No will be looking into it next week , my son said it the connection to the seat rails but we will see.. with check oneUp cheers I like there Pedals thinking about a set of flats

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just so you know, you'll probably have a little play/wobble with the Brand-X but it's minor (I don't feel it while riding).

The KS Lev Integra on my Trek and the Nukeproof dropper post on my Mega both have play. I don’t notice it when riding.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
just a question not buying one but how is the Fox dropper , I like the orange/gold look :)
The Fox Transfer is one of the most popular dropper posts we sell in the shop. It’s reliable and has a reasonable price and weight.
As good as it is, it still can’t touch the Revive. I have tried them all

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
My Wu creaks. Tighten up the saddle pinch bolt to shut it up.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
When I got mine, I managed to move the angle of it accidently on that clamp bolt, so torqued it up properly. It also stopped it creaking. Since then it's started creaking again, so need to tighten it up a bit more.

As droppers go, I don't have any real issues with it, seems to work ok. Im wary of buying a reverb after all the reliability issues

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Creaking could be metal on metal movement rather than actually being loose. Beware of overtightening and if you can clean all the parts and use some assembly paste/anti-seize compound or at a push graphite grease to aid assembly.

Reactions: Dax

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
And yet another post, I'm on fire here...

Don't use Copaslip, it reacts with aluminium.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
When I got mine, I managed to move the angle of it accidently on that clamp bolt, so torqued it up properly. It also stopped it creaking. Since then it's started creaking again, so need to tighten it up a bit more.

As droppers go, I don't have any real issues with it, seems to work ok. Im wary of buying a reverb after all the reliability issues

Same with mine, I've tightened that bolt up real good so the saddle stayed stable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles