Creaking seat post Levo Comp 2020

Apr 10, 2020
Essex, England
Hi all
I have a 2020 TL Comp. 6 weeks into riding, the bike developed an annoying creaking, noticeable when applying pressure on the pedals. With a process of elimination, it transpired the seat post was the culprit. NOT the dropper post, the main one. loosened , cleaned and torqued, it stopped. However , this is a temporary fix as the creaking comes back every 50km or so. Any advice on a permanent solution.
Thank you in advance

Steve.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Same bike and mine also creaked few weeks after I bought it for about a week or two, but then stopped on its own and now after 6 months never came back.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Hi all
I have a 2020 TL Comp. 6 weeks into riding, the bike developed an annoying creaking, noticeable when applying pressure on the pedals. With a process of elimination, it transpired the seat post was the culprit. NOT the dropper post, the main one. loosened , cleaned and torqued, it stopped. However , this is a temporary fix as the creaking comes back every 50km or so. Any advice on a permanent solution.
Thank you in advance

Steve.

+1 2020 Comp. So far regular cleaning is the only thing I've found to [temporarily] get rid of the creak. The dropper cable prevents me from completely removing the seatpost for a more thorough cleaning. I haven't gotten to the point of removing the control to feed more cable through so I could pull the post further out, in part because it seems stuck down around the motor and I didn't really want to mess with that just yet.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
You have to free up the cable along its whole length from the point it enters the frame to last clip by the seat tube. It requires removal of the shock too, to reach the clips behind. Or at least I had to do that.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
You have to free up the cable along its whole length from the point it enters the frame to last clip by the seat tube. It requires removal of the shock too, to reach the clips behind. Or at least I had to do that.

Yeah, I figured it would be a bit involved as you described and at some point I'll probably want/need to do that. In the meantime, I've been lucky enough that just pulling it out as far as the current slack will allow has been enough to clean it to remove the creak. I'd really like to find a more permanent solution though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles