Levo Gen 2 Routing new brake hose through frame easy or hard

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi everyone

about to change the brakes on my Levo to some MT7 ok with doing the jobjust wondered what it’s like rerouting anew rear hose through the internal frame

any tricks or hints or is it easy enough to do

many thanks in advance

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Biggest tip I would say is remove the shock and cable clips from behind it, snip the cable at the calliper end and use a Rockshox reverb barb. Snip and attach the lever end of the new cable as you would replace the barb and olive anyway. Spray some silicone spray on the outer cable and feed from the back to front.

Worked for me and didn’t have to drop the motor??

A6BE7554-CEC6-465F-A1D2-B10568FD2AC9.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Make sure you push as well as pull.

If you don't have a barb, you can make one from a small screw by cutting the screw head off.

If you're very careful and the route isn't too convoluted, you can also tape the new hose to the old one, making sure it's well taped and not bumpy/lumpy/swollen - and has stuck correctly - ie no brake fluid. The last time I did mine with a tape, I also taped some thread to the pulling hose so if they came apart, I could have another go with the thread as a leader instead of the primary hose.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Do you have to run the rest brake out the front on the left, or can you run the rear brake into the right side of the Fram to give it a more natural feel (I run left back)
Will move the power remote to the right side.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
With the rear brake on the left, you have 3 controls on the left of the bar but only 2 ports on the right of the frame. One of these 3 cables has to go into a left port.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
With the rear brake on the left, you have 3 controls on the left of the bar but only 2 ports on the right of the frame. One of these 3 cables has to go into a left port.

Ill only have the Rear brake and dropper on the left, will move the Remote selector to the right and have the shifter and power switch on the right.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles