Kenevo SL Brake routing questions?

scooby82r

Aug 15, 2020
Manchester, England
Does the Kenevo SL have fully routed cable guides inside?

I'm looking to swap the Code R's for Hope V4's and was hoping it's an easy job.

My Mondraker and Orbea was a motor and battery out job 🙁

Thanks in advance.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
It should have already routed nylon cable guides, however I suggest you use your old cable to pull new one in using RockShox Barb Connector or similar ...

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Does the Kenevo SL have fully routed cable guides inside?

I'm looking to swap the Code R's for Hope V4's and was hoping it's an easy job.

My Mondraker and Orbea was a motor and battery out job 🙁

Thanks in advance.
I've just bought some Hope Tech 3's, wondered if you managed to sort this without removing battery?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
if you want to sell the Codes afterwards.
cut the hose close to the lever and use a section of derailleur outer cable connected to it to be pushed all the way through to the rear. and then connect the HOPE hose to the rear and push that through to the front. PUSH while guiding it from the other end rather than just pulling. As pulling alone can pull the RS barb connedtor out if a hose snags leaving you with the hose half way through your frame.
That way you're old brakes will just require a new insert and olive to be fitted to another bike
Nothing worse than folk selling their old brakes online only for the buyer to recieve them and realise they're going to need to shell out £30+ for a new hose.

Last edited:

MattT69

Apr 13, 2022
Arizona
How do you keep all the brake oil from leaking outside or inside the frame while pushing and pulling? Do you let it drain once cut from either side? IF I cut from the back as suggested can you activate the brake lever to push the oil out?

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
How do you keep all the brake oil from leaking outside or inside the frame while pushing and pulling? Do you let it drain once cut from either side? IF I cut from the back as suggested can you activate the brake lever to push the oil out?
You can get something called a barb connector which connects to both hoses, keeping the fluid in whilst being able to full the new hose through by using the old hose which is attached to it by the barb. I just did it the easy way an paid some poor fucker to do it.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Get yourself one of these barb connectors from a Reverb. Connect one end into the cut hose, other to a spare hose then pull/push the line out of the bike. When it's out simply remove the cut brake line and fit the new one in its place then push/pull the new one thru. Shouldn't be any internal spillage that way and it only takes a few minutes to do.
rockshox-stealth-barb-connector-reverb.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles