Reliability of t type setup

Begazzz

Apr 19, 2022
Uk
Hi all.,

Quick question on the setup and the reliability. I’ve a new crafty carbon rr and it has the t type axs. Went for my second 20 mile loop and gears started playing up. Obvs a bit confused as I didn’t really know how to sort it. Anyway called it a day and on inspection at home both rear wheel and derailleur bolt were a bit loose. I’ve just reset as per sram video and now fine. My only concern is how reliable is this positioning in action? As there is no mechanical fix other than the torque and the knurling cutting into the frame. Anyone had issues? Or do I now need an 8mm hex in my emergency tool kit? (Arguably I should anyway after my crank fell off the last eeeb)

Thanks.
0035D167-53F3-48BA-8416-BD9850756E41.jpeg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Invest in a torque wrench and some thread lock.

Begazzz

Apr 19, 2022
Uk
Invest in a torque wrench and some thread lock.
I’ve got torque wrench and thread lock thanks. Wheel bolt was torqued to the correct setting. I can’t speak for the derailleur as it was shop set. Is thread lock widely used in the particular application?

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I’ve got torque wrench and thread lock thanks. Wheel bolt was torqued to the correct setting. I can’t speak for the derailleur as it was shop set. Is thread lock widely used in the particular application?

I use thread lock for everything on bikes apart from wheel, seatpost and lever bolts. I wouldn’t assume the bike shop had bothered to torque it up, I always go over new bikes with a torque wrench because I’ve had a lot of stuff come loose.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
rear thru axle should be greased and a lever type avoids the need for a tool, so if it is just the allen key type maybe invest in a lever type. Rear mech is bolted on dry...no grease...and torqued correctly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles